MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BLACK SABBATH's 'Born Again' Deluxe-Expanded-Editi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BLACK SABBATH's 'Born Again' Deluxe-Expanded-Editi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLACK SABBATH's 'Born Again' Deluxe-Expanded-Editi
    Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:12pm

BLACK SABBATH's 'Born Again' Deluxe-Expanded-Edition Reissue: More Details Revealed - Apr. 11, 2011

Unofficial BLACK SABBATH web site Black-Sabbath.com has revealed more details about the forthcoming deluxe-expanded-edition reissue ofBLACK SABBATH's "Born Again" album. Due in the U.K. on May 30 viaSanctuary, the two-disc effort is expected to feature the following track listing:

Disc 1: (marked as "Original Album")

01. Trashed
02. Stonehenge
03. Disturbing the Priest
04. The Dark
05. Zero The Hero
06. Digital Bitch
07. Born Again
08. Hot Line
09. Keep It Warm

Disc 2:

01. The Fallen (previously unreleased album session outtake)
02. Stonehenge (extended version)

Recorded live at the Reading Festival on Saturday, August 27, 1983 (BBC "Friday Rock Show" broadcast):

03. Hot Line
04. War Pigs
05. Black Sabbath
06. The Dark
07. Zero The Hero
08. Digital Bitch
09. Iron Man
10. Smoke On The Water
11. Paranoid

"Born Again" was the only album by BLACK SABBATH featuring Ian Gillan � who was at the time a solo artist and former singer for DEEP PURPLE � on vocals. 

Gillan had first turned down the offer to join BLACK SABBATH but his manager later convinced him to a meeting with Iommi and the band's bass guitarist, Geezer ButlerIommi and Butler met with Gillan at The Bear public house in Oxford and Gillan officially joined the band in February 1983. 

Released in October 1983, "Born Again" was a commercial success. It was the highest-charting BLACK SABBATH album in the United Kingdom since "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" and became an American Top 40 hit. Despite this, it became the first BLACK SABBATH album to not have anyRIAA certification (gold or platinum) in the U.S.

(from blabbermouth.net)

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:05pm
Interesting, but I don't really like Born Again that much.

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 11:58pm
I'll surely be giving this a listen, the live recording might be interesting with Smoke on the Water and all.
<- Click on this!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:12am
I don�t like the album much either, so I doubt that I�ll spend my money on this one. And Smoke on the Water played by Black Sabbath ain�t gonna change my interest much.

Edited by UMUR - 12 Apr 2011 at 9:13am
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:32am
I like the album, but I don't really feel the need to buy a de luxe expanded version.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:33am
I'm also in the category of not really liking this album.  I wanted to enjoy Ian Gillan with Sabbath, but it really didn't work out so well.  
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

I'll surely be giving this a listen, the live recording might be interesting with Smoke on the Water and all.

Entertaining might have been a better word there Tongue

But yeah, I like some of the songs on the album, but I too won't be buying this. But when it comes to the library I'll be the first in queue.
<- Click on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic