Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post black metal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Their first album is shoegaze, but Ecailles de Lune is post black metal (and about 5 times better)

Ah, that would explain it. I did listen to their first one.
It was highly ranked here on the post metal listings and frankly I didn't even hear the metal but w/e

Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

^ There are some harsh vocals and blast beats in �cailles de lune, I'd not call it black metal though. Honestly, Alcest was a bit disappointing experience.

I'll listen to �cailles de Lune before I judge but yeah shoegaze is kind of boring for me so I didn't enjoy their first album.
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:42pm
^ exactly, it is boring. I love Fen's approach to shoegaze though. They made good use of it.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:53pm
Well, Alcest's Souvenirs d'un autre monde is a shoegaze metal album. Ecailles de lune is a post black metal album. Maybe I prefer more Fen. Mostly because Alcest have french lyrics. 
Inexistence is the true normality.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 6:35pm
Oh yeah like in post rock/metal it is great but songs that are just the wall of fuzzy amoebic noise I just lose interest.

This Fen has been mentioned a few times? I shall look into them and am gunna listen to Ecailles de Lune now Smile
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:39pm
Well, the time came for presenting you Dornenreich. An austrian black metal band with folk elements. They have austrian lyrics.

Here's a song from Flammentriebe (2011):

Edited by Prog Geo - 02 May 2011 at 5:42pm
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 11:34am
The next band that I present you is Krallice. An american band from New york city which features Colin Marston of Behold... the arctopus and Dysrhythmia.

Here's the homonymous song from Dimensional bleedthrough album:

And here's a song from Diotima (2011) album:

Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 2:43pm
The next band that I present you is Altar of plagues. This fantastic irish band!
Here's a song from their great last album Mammal:

Edited by Prog Geo - 19 Jun 2011 at 2:46pm
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 5:30pm
is there some Norwegian post-black metal bands or are all BM bands from Norway trad-black, can Arcturus be called post black since they play this Avant non trad black metal, and more out there black metal...???!!
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 5:31pm

Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 5:36pm
Of course they are post black metal. Thanks for helping.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 5:54pm
OMG i love them so frekin epic and original act, there is not really many acts that captures the mysticisme better then Arcturus

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 8:17pm
Arcturus is avant-black metal.  There isn't really anything "post" about them.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

Of course they are post black metal. Thanks for helping.
do I smell sarcasme or am I just alitle paranoide, Embarrassed,
 I said I was not sure and I just threw in a band I though was doing other things than straight out  pure black metal but were Norwegian (I am no expert on the genre but I know how the traditional and real black metal is watz kuul and those who try to do something new or add symph orchestra and synths are posers and such, but that is how i have seen it when i have hanged around BM fans), yes Arcturus are older but they dount sound like much other black metal from their time and they might have trigged a certain change in the BM comunity both nationaly and internationaly (in the BM marked), 
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 7:32am
I mean it. Arcturus are post black metal.
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 8:47pm
Besides their first album I'd drop the BM tag entirely and settle with avant-garde metal. 
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 5:16pm
I've listened to the new Alcest album which was excellent.  Other than that though, I'm not very familiar with the genre, but I'm a big post-rock fan.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

The next band that I present you is Altar of plagues. This fantastic irish band!
Here's a song from their great last album Mammal:

Epic bump to proclaim that this song is the best song this band has ever made.  Do not argue against this statement.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 6:10am
^No it�s notClown
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 7:04am
LOL
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:40am
What would you say is then?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic