MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post black metal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post black metal
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 11:23am
I decided to create this blog to discuss about this fantastic subgenre of extreme prog metal and metal music in general.You can write your impressions about it(and not only).I will post some videos-songs.Well,I wait for your replies!
Inexistence is the true normality.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 6:49pm
Great idea for a blog. I'm just going through fascination with Fen and Drudkh - both great bands (but I prefer Fen). There's something genuinely beautiful about that music. Still, I'm not very familiar with the subgenre so I'm waiting for your suggestions George Smile

Edited by bartosso - 09 Apr 2011 at 10:37am
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:24am
The first video for the blog is from Alcest.It's a french band that I love very much.The frontman Neige combines the ethereal music and vocals of shoegaze with the melancholy of black metal.His black metal vocals is like the depressive black metal vocals.

Here's the homonymous song from the album Ecailles de lune(2010).

Edited by Prog Geo - 14 Apr 2011 at 9:25am
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 1:19pm
fuckin' love Alcest
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

fuckin' love Alcest

Good for you Colin!Clap
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 7:32am
I wanted to post more often but still there are no many members. But I decided to post the 2nd band for this blog. So, the band is Fen. This fantastic english group (and one of my favorites) that blends shoegaze and post rock with black metal.

Here's a song from their most discussed album (in a good way) Epoch of 2011:

Edited by Prog Geo - 29 Apr 2011 at 7:33am
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:33am
For atmospheric/post black, I love Fen most. Fantastic band Clap
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:39am
For sure Epoch is one of the best releases of 2011 (and not only).
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:46pm
One more song from the album Epoch.

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:52pm
^my favouriteHeartBowdown
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 7:02pm
Maybe is my favorite too Bartosz! Bartosz: My main supporter of my post black metal blog!LOLWink
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 1:53am
Post Black Metal?

I must say, I am intrigued! Can't say I've heard of it. Something like Agalloch?
Only other I can think of is The Ruins of Beverast. I have an album by them and the best I could call it was atmospheric black metal. The songs are even more minimalist and post than Agalloch but more low fi and more black metal as well.

I am going to look into this style, starting here Thumbs Up Please enlighten me.
Edit: I'll ask my brother. He's mentioned one or two "atmospheric black metal" bands he knows, local, and I'll give em a try as well.

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 30 Apr 2011 at 1:54am
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:00am
Since I am unfamiliar, would this be post black metal?

Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 6:35am
I don't remember well. But I think that The ruins of Beverast is post black metal. I will listen to again and I'll tell you. Yes, Agalloch is post black metal. I'm glad that you want to explore more this kind of music. This is the main goal of this blog.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

I don't remember well. But I think that The ruins of Beverast is post black metal. I will listen to again and I'll tell you. Yes, Agalloch is post black metal. I'm glad that you want to explore more this kind of music. This is the main goal of this blog.

Well I am open to all, though of course there are styles and bands I don't like.
"Traditional" Black Metal is low on my list but post BM? I'll try it.
Agalloch is a top 5 band for me so I have some taste for it! Because BM atmosphere is awesome, when combined with musicianship/good songwriting ability then it is even better Big smile

Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 5:52am
Brian, I listened yesterday to some songs of The ruins of Beverast. Well, I don't think that it's a post black metal band. 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Well I am open to all, though of course there are styles and bands I don't like.
"Traditional" Black Metal is low on my list but post BM? I'll try it.
Agalloch is a top 5 band for me so I have some taste for it! Because BM atmosphere is awesome, when combined with musicianship/good songwriting ability then it is even better Big smile

Have you listened to Alcest yet?
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:04pm

Brian, I listened yesterday to some songs of The ruins of Beverast. Well, I don't think that it's a post black metal band. 

OK, seemed right to me LOL
Any suggestions?

And since you brought up Alcest Colin, I have only listened to some songs on youtube....I wonder why they're considered black metal at all. I could've missed something, but what I heard sounded like shoegaze. I don't recall harsh vocals, extreme drumming, really anything of BM Confused

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:16pm
^ There are some harsh vocals and blast beats in �cailles de lune, I'd not call it black metal though. Honestly, Alcest was a bit disappointing experience.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:16pm
Their first album is shoegaze, but Ecailles de Lune is post black metal (and about 5 times better)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic