Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [22.22%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [77.78%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ralf Scheepers, Andi Deris or Michael Kiske
    Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 9:55pm
Recently i was listening to these vocalist, same style of singing, the question to know which do you prefer?
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 10:08am
Kiske. 

Ralf Scheeper is a superb vocalist as well but I think he is quite awkward on stage and a worse songwriter than Kiske (in his Helloween days of course). And doesn't have the amazing charisma of Kiske (again, in his good-Helloween days).

Andi Deris was great on Pink Cream 69 and almost terrible for Helloween.
IndianaJones View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndianaJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 11:48am
I can't see what's so similar between Andi and the rest two.Andi has a more raspy sound than Kiske or Scheepers and even they could be said to be a bit different from each other. Especially when you can find a Kiske-copy in every other powermetal band. Ralf too has a bit more raspy sound than Kiske.

Andi's singing technique is also very different from the two other choices at hand. Where  Kiske and Scheepers have a powerful high register that is produced with a technique called "head-singing" I think, Andi, at least in his present state uses falsetto to reach the higher notes, and his high notes is really getting thinner all the time.

But put aside my own opinions concerning their similarity, I would say Kiske. Andi has more personality and I would prefer him over Michael if he was in the same shape as in the 90's. On "High Live" Andi's singing is perfect, and I might at some days even state that the versions of "The Chance" and "Future World" are better than the original. But Kiske can still hit every single note that he hit in the 80's, and that cannot be said for many singers. Even though I dislike his vibrato use nowadays, too much is too much Tongue

Scheepers is good also, but not as dear to me as the others. And he sounds like hes having difficulties to hold a note at times.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 4:54pm
Kiske... I mean his work on "Keeper of the Seven Keys" parts I and II is still breathtaking to this day.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 5:19am
Michael Kiske
the Helloween albums he's on + I like Place Vendome and the debut album of Unisonic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic