Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting long hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 12:50am
^Yeah but D-A-D are still Denmark�s number one hard rock act. Rock�n�roll to the bone. Scandals and all too. Remember when Stig beat up Thomas Helmig ( the Danish pop king) because the latter had run off with Stig�s model girlfriend?
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 3:41am
In norway, volbeat is the most popular metal band... Unhappy
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 8:45am
In America we have all of the wonderful crunkcore bands. ApproveSick
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

In norway, volbeat is the most popular metal band... Unhappy

Well that�s very much true for Denmark too. Volbeat are huge in Denmark at the moment.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Yeah but D-A-D are still Denmark�s number one hard rock act. Rock�n�roll to the bone. Scandals and all too. Remember when Stig beat up Thomas Helmig ( the Danish pop king) because the latter had run off with Stig�s model girlfriend?

I actually don't remember that. When did that happen?

I must admit that I lost interest in D-A-D after "Helpyourselfish" (I still love all the albums up until and including "Helpyourselfish" though). As for Thomas Helmig, I like the "K�re Maskine Album", but there's nothing in the rest of his career that interests me.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 7:23am
Ever since I was 14, I started to grow my hair,and they've remained shoulder-length and middle of the back at longest, but I've always kept the top and front half relatively shorter (ears covered, but no longer on the side , and defintetly not hindering the sight).... In other words I never use my ears to hold my hair >> go to the barber max 4 times a year.

I never thought the care for longer hair was an issue... I wash them everyday  in the shower just before the rest of the body, just dry roughly them with a towel, comb and let them dry and fall into place... that easy .... I've grown a goatee and more recently a full beard (it seems most women like it), but I find that a lot more a pain to keep trim than the hairs.
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 2:57pm
i haven cut my hair in almost 2 years. just pull my bangs back around my ears, let the sides hang flat.
 i like to comb my hair in the shower, with the shampoo in it first then again with the conditioner, easier to gets the knots out as my hair is quite curly.

FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 12:42pm
I have had my hair long since I was 5 (down to my waist) because in my household it was considered acceptaple to allow me to look as I wished even as a kid. It is at the back of my thighs now when I stand up and I could not bear to lose it in any circumstance. Although I am female, I constantly have people on my back telling me it would 'look nicer' some other way or getting shouted at in the street to get it cut by hooligans. I would NEVER give them that pleasure. People are too concerned about fitting in, as far as I can see though, the people who want everyone else to change for them are not worth listening to.
They are small minded and get uncomfortable the moment that they see anyone who isn't a conformist coward and then they take the first viable chance to insult you and tell YOU how to look, behave, think and even who you should associate with. As for men, short hair is an imposed stereotype created essentially by the same kind of people as I mentioned above. As far as I am concerned there is nothing more attractive than long hair in both sexes, it keeps you looking well proportioned bodily, softens the look of harsher features and let's face it 'the wild, primeval look' is always sexy! ha ha! LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 1:04pm
Nice to hear a girl defend longhaired dudes Thumbs Up. Damn that baldness itches even worse now LOL

Oh and big fuck you to conformity in the process too. You are a cool foxClap

Edited by UMUR - 06 Apr 2011 at 1:05pm
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 1:40pm
Why, thank you! I'm most flattered! Embarrassed
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

As for men, short hair is an imposed stereotype created essentially by the same kind of people as I mentioned above. As far as I am concerned there is nothing more attractive than long hair in both sexes, it keeps you looking well proportioned bodily, softens the look of harsher features and let's face it 'the wild, primeval look' is always sexy! ha ha! LOL

i Agree Cool
inb4 colin wishes he never cut his hair and UMUR still is bald 

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Nice to hear a girl defend longhaired dudes Thumbs Up. Damn that baldness itches even worse now LOL

Oh and big fuck you to conformity in the process too. You are a cool foxClap

I'd like to know where all the girls were who liked long hair when I was rocking that look for 5 years. Cry

I agree that it is ideal to have your hair however the heck you want it, but when you get to the point where you want to start a career that having more of a "unique" look it is more troublesome.  When it comes to males, anything that can be easily fixed (getting a haircut, trimming facial hair and /or going clean shaved) is what is, more often than not, looked for.  It all depends on the job of course.  I don't agree with it, but that's how it goes.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 5:43pm

Work should not shape the lives of people in thier own personal time and business. It is a very bad problem nowadays and something should be done about it before it gets totally out of control. I heard about a case of a Swiss bank whose employees were given a big wad of papers purely about what their appearance should be like down to such meaningless details as thier TOENAILS!!! How crazy is that?! Some of these pigs seem to think they own you even though it's you who's making most of the cash for them. Sick isn't it...

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:54pm
Nah Christian, I'm liking the ease of short hair at least for the time being
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 12:00am
Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

Work should not shape the lives of people in thier own personal time and business. It is a very bad problem nowadays and something should be done about it before it gets totally out of control. I heard about a case of a Swiss bank whose employees were given a big wad of papers purely about what their appearance should be like down to such meaningless details as thier TOENAILS!!! How crazy is that?! Some of these pigs seem to think they own you even though it's you who's making most of the cash for them. Sick isn't it...

Toenails? Damn that is sick!!Shocked
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 3:37am
I cut my hair recently Cry

It's fine, I just am so used to it being long I can't take it like this at first, though it's gotten many compliments.

Of course me being the borderline hipster I am, my hair was never metal long...just curly and out of control Cool
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Same here.  Though the first few weeks with my hair cut, I kept reaching back to adjust my nonexistent ponytail. LOL
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Same here.  Though the first few weeks with my hair cut, I kept reaching back to adjust my nonexistent ponytail. LOL

depending on how my summer job is, i may or may not get it cut 
ill probably donate it to some wig charity or whatever, when i do cut it,  because its defiantly long enough

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 10:40am
So anyone done anything crazy with their hair latelyBig smile
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 11:45am
Just keeping it buzzed down... Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic