Poll Question: Who does it better?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [55.56%]
4 [44.44%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swedish Melodeath vs Finnish Melodeath
    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 3:56pm
Both countries have loads of great acts. Sweden has Arch Enemy, In Flames, At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy, Soilwork, Amon Amarth and Scar Symmetry. Finland has Children of Bodom, Wintersun, Omnium Gatherum, Insomnium, Whispered, Kalmah and Mors Princium Est.

Personally I think Sweden has a greater number of quality acts, however, when the Finns hit, they hit hard! Omnium Gatherum and Insomnium > most Swedish acts imo. So I'm wondering who you would vote for?

Personally I have to give it to Finland! I just love Omnium Gatherum and Insomnium so much more than most of the Swedish acts(and I think Kalmah are growing on me too). Children of Bodom are great too, of course as is the first album by Wintersun and Whispered are pretty underrated imo.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 5:54pm
Tough call. Melodeath is hit and miss for me

Let's see, i like Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Children of Bodom, some In Flames, Edge of Sanity, Amorphis, some Insomnium, Arch Enemy, early Soilwork and the Carcass that's melodeath

Um, don't know!
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 1:03am
The In Flames pre-Clayman beats all!!! There is also Hypocrisy on the Swedish front. Finland has Children of Bodom which I love, but it is more like prog-power with harsh vocals. So easily Sweden for me.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 8:28am
Probably Finland for me. I´m not a huge melodeath fan overall and I don´t particularly enjoy an act like In Flames (or early At the Gates), which is one of the big players on the scene.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 7:24am
I'll have to sit on the fence on this one as I like bands from Countries equally. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 7:27am
I don't think I listen to enough melodeath to make an informed decision between the two, but my gut reaction is to say Sweden.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 3:51pm
Sod it, I'll come off the fence and give Finland a vote, mainly for the excellence of Insomnium, probably my overall favourite melodeath band. Now if we were talking straight death metal it would definitely be Sweden.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic