FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Statement on Recent Events

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:34pm
^ It's been modified so the controversial element has been removed. The album was Poppy - I Disagree.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:43pm
^Ah, okay!
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 3:57pm
Saw the comments section of the review and 'WOOOW' is all I have to say. In the comments I managed to find the line which the trans-person apparently found offensive...overreaction much?
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 8:44pm
Personally i thought you all handled things quite well once it was brought to your attention. I apologize if i added fuel to the fire by trying to have a rational conversation about it but i find many want to play the phobia card every time someone doesn't agree with them.

By the way PHOBIA means FEAR. Nobody here seems fearful of trans people. Insensitivity can come out inadvertently and apologies have been made. So WTF?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 1:49am
Exactly...I´ve met almost nothing but very tolerant people on this site, so that trustpilot review bothers me quite a bit. It´s an unfair review...
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 10:01am
I'm sure that everybody who visits this site goes to Trust Pilot to find out if this site is legit LOL

OMG, fucking drama queens who have nothing better to do than get offended by EVERYTHING.

Never mind that some metal bands promote nazi idealism.

Let's face it metal has some fucked up shit within its realms.

This is one of those classic cases of IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!

Narcissism of the 1st degree.

Apparently apologies aren't enough for this person so why even bother continuing this conversation?

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 10:36am
Thanks Mike for once again proving that MMA cannot have this discussion in a mature, respectful and inclusive manner. 

I'm not happy about the Trustpilot review either, in fact I have reason to be upset about it most of all, since it's talking about my review and levelling accusations at me. But as has been pointed out it was posted before this person decided to challenge my review directly. I like to think that if the situation hadn't been subsequently escalated it might have even been taken down after the original issue was quickly, and simply, resolved. 

Unfortunately, you then went off on a tirade where you not only were disrespectful to the member with a transgender identity, but came across like a conspiracy theorist regarding the issue. You also made the comparison to the science the member had provided to that, and I quote, 'justified holocausts and other racial superiority nonsense'. 

And you know who those terms invoke don't you?

That's right, Adolf Hitler. The member certainly took it that way. 

Everyone else should think about that before they think ill of the member who brought the original issue to our attention. 

This is the sort of attitude that should not be on MMA. Or anywhere else.

SJT actually accepted my apology for the review line that offended them. I believe that if I asked they would take the Trustpilot review down. However because of you I don't dare ask, because that may just prompt them to write an even more damning piece. Perhaps even somewhere it might be more visible. 

I fully understand why they'd be upset and incredibly pissed off. 

Think about that, everyone. However, this thread is now closed. It was my hope that we might be able to have this discussion, but apparently we cannot. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic