MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKarmamoi (Italy) (Post Metal)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karmamoi (Italy) (Post Metal)
    Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:49am
Karmamoi came into being in 2008, out of the needs of Daniele Giovannoni and Serena Ciacci to give life to a musical project that could express their personalities and their concept of music. 

MUSIC. Where artistic endeavour, melody, electronic elements and rock distortions could cohabit and find a stable equilibrium, in an immediately recognizable sound compounded of passion and aggression. 

Clear ideas from the start, and from the start work by musicians capable of being in total harmony with the project. The circle was closed with the arrival of guitarists Fabio Tempesta and Alex Massari and bassist Alessandro Cefalì, who completed the line-up. In 2009 Karmamoi came into contact with Crisalide Edizioni, who believed in the project from the outset and together with the band began to work towards the release that summer of a single, “VENERE”, which served as an outrider to test the responses of radio stations and the public – responses that turned out more than positive. “Venere” was broadcast by many independent stations even beyond the Alps, which led to the band taking part in the JIMI Festival de Marne in Paris.

In that same year of 2009, as well as a series of concerts in the bigger live venues of Rome, Karmamoi played in the M.e.i. festival in Faenza. In May 2010 Karmamoi featured on the soundtrack of the short film by Paolo Budassi “Cinque Note” and began recording the tracks for their debut album – meticulous work, a continual creative process, that resulted in January 2011 in the self-titled “Karmamoi”. The album was accompanied by the video of “Vivo Desiderio” directed by Paolo Budassi.

In January 2011 the band performed in the Eurosonic showcase festival in Groningen and officially launched their first album at Rising Love, one of the most popular venues of the Rome scene. From there the real ascent of Karmamoi began, with concerts (including, memorably, at the Rome Fnac), interviews and radio appearances. 

In September 2011 the band had a busy schedule that took in the Supersonic Festival and Naples’s AWOP Festival. With 2012 a new EP arrived entitled “Entre Chien et Loup”, officially launched at the Teatro Elsa Morante in Rome on May 17th 2012. “Entre Chien et Loup” is a link connecting the pop proclivities of the debut album and the rock/prog direction that the band’s work is hinting at currently. The EP includes the new single “Stesa”, which epitomizes the musical changes underway. 

The band is working on new songs, due for release in the summer of 2013 in the format of a concept album: “The Odd Trip”. A preview of the forthcoming and anticipated work by Karmamoi is the video of a song, “Labyrinth” – a sound-maze, an embrace of notes, instruments and melody, that makes Karmamoi one of the most intriguing new acts on the contemporary music scene. Stay tuned...

- This submisson was originally written by ProgShine on http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94610&FID=1 (Please credit it to him if it is accepted!)

Source: Official website - http://www.karmamoi.it/

Bandcamp: http://karmamoi.bandcamp.com/

Reverbnation: http://www.reverbnation.com/karmamoi

Edited by Prog Zone - 09 May 2021 at 12:52am
Prog Zone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 2:40pm
Any updates on this addition or its consideration? Thanks!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:51pm
Not yet but we will get around to it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:54pm
Apologies - I'd missed this. I'll have a listen over the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:37pm
A very good band and one that I'm going to explore more. I've listened to the 3 available tracks off the new album and the one before that so far. Despite a few bombastic moments I haven't heard anything that has convinced me that there's a place here on MMA for them. Great prog rock but not hearing any metal elements in their sound. 

I will be listening some more though as I enjoyed them and if I hear anything that convinces me otherwise I'll let you know.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:00pm
Just listening now and I agree with you Paul. It's good, at times atmospheric prog rock with some nice guitar and the odd heavyish riff, but I don't think there's enough for it to fit here.

I'm glad you suggested them though Prog Zone, as I'm enjoying what I'm hearing! I've a couple of albums still to do Smile

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:02am
As these guys have been rejected thread is now locked.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic