Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting down my collection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting down my collection
    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:24am
The day arrived that I once would have said would never happen. I'm cutting down my physical CD collection. Probably not by much, but there are a number of things I've got in job lots on ebay or were just cheap that aren't really me, aren't getting played and are just gathering dust and taking up space. 

Which means I will have some CDs for sale. I'm not listing indiscriminately en masse, but revisiting artists as part of my ongoing Great Collection Rediscovery Project here on MMA and making decisions. Like when I sold odd a load of doubles a few years ago, I decided to post what I'm selling here, but I must stress that for security of all involved I am only conducting sales via ebay.

The first artist under the hammer is...Saviour Machine! Year, I don't like this band too much, except the debut, which I'm keeping and didn't even feel the need to play Legend II and III:I. I'm starting these each at £5 + P&P. Will combine P&P for multiple wins. 

I'm also selling my entire collection of (mostly) Metal Hammer various artists CDs for a straight price of £15 (P&P inclusive of price). They've sat in a drawer for years. There are 91 CDs included here.

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:44am
I used to love the Terrorizer covermount CDs, but the Metal Hammer ones were usually complete shit. I sold a whole lot when we had a clean out a few years back. I think I got a dollar for a pile of them at the second-hand record store, and that was only because they were doing me a favour by getting rid of them. I think they went on to sell them for a dollar each. (Our dollar is worth about 50p)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:29am
If I didn´t already own all the Saviour Machine albums you´re selling, I´d be the first to buy them. I´m definitely not going to get rid of my copies.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I used to love the Terrorizer covermount CDs, but the Metal Hammer ones were usually complete shit. I sold a whole lot when we had a clean out a few years back. I think I got a dollar for a pile of them at the second-hand record store, and that was only because they were doing me a favour by getting rid of them. I think they went on to sell them for a dollar each. (Our dollar is worth about 50p)

Sounds about right for what our second hand shops would sell them for individually. 

But for this lot after I pay the shipping and both Ebay and PayPal have taken their blood money I'm selling them for a measly 8p each. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:50am
lol, ebay blood money. You're too right about that. And PayPal are worse for low value items.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 11:17am
I don't begrudge them their 10% for the item itself, that's just a small price to pay to access a better market than I could get trying to sell locally for free, but I do resent their skimming of 10% off of the postage fee. They never used to do that and it feels like we have to pay them for us to do all the leg work. 

Because of the 10% postage fee I would just list as free P&P all the time and just start the price higher but every time I try to do that my items end up selling for far less than they were worth. I sold most of my guitar tab books last week with inclusive P&P, which were all expensive new but got hardly any bids and barely made £1 on each one of them. It is the luck of who's looking at the time (this week I sold a strategy guide for £7.50 which was completely ignored last week for £4), but I know from lurking on ebay's own forums that a lot of buyers get uppity about free postage, since it kicks out from under them the leg they're standing on while trying to get a reduction for multiple items. I actually combine P&P without being asked when its feasible despite not being obligated to, but I get pissed off with buyers who think P&P means Postage & Pnothing. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:59am
Added for sale: Tracing Back Roots by We Came As Romans. Metalcore. Starting price £1 + P&P.

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:05am
Added for sale: Illusionen eines verlorenen Lebens by Moloch. Depressive black metal/ambient. Asking £5 + P&P. Probably won't see many BM releases added through my cut down, but this DSBM stuff really isn't me. 

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:30am
Sold:

Metal Hammer CD collection.

Saviour Machine - Legend III: I.

Every other title I have posted here is still available, with more potentially coming.

I currently have a headache over ebay enforcing a change in payment system, which is basically all about ebay greed and suddenly begrudging PayPal its cut now they're no longer together, which I am going to have to sit down and sort out soon, but this won't affect the items I'm selling. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:37am
New item for sale: Helloween - High Live.

It's a decent live album, but I really don't listen to live albums and I can't see me ever playing this again. It took me years until yesterday to play it once.

Asking a little more on the starting price for this one since it seems to be harder to find. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 2:01am
Prices slashed to try to move some items on. Grab a bargain.

Saviour Machine albums: £1 + P&P
Moloch album: £1 + P&P
Helloween album: £5 + P&P

GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic