Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA now has a SubReddit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MMA now has a SubReddit
    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 12:34pm
You can join the new MMA Subreddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Metal_Music_Archives/

The Subreddit is still in its infancy but we are hoping that it will grow to support the existing MMA site and forum. 

There is also a live chat post that can be used on the sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/Metal_Music_Archives/comments/k8i42o/rmetal_music_archives_lounge/

Things that you can use the Subreddit for include, but certainly aren't limited to:

• Posting songs to share with the community (YouTube videos).
  • Sharing the reviews you post to MMA.
  • Sharing news from within the metal scene. 
  • Posting photos of your collection or recent pickups.
We'll also post site news on the Subreddit. 

It will also be a place you could reach us if for any reason the main site and forum are down. 

With the sub still being made and the ropes of the platform being learned, the page may change somewhat in the coming days and we're happy to listen to community suggests for it.

For now, we have the following in place:

• Metal Music Archives icon
  • A number of Reddit Post Flairs largely based around the MMA Sub-genre system. 
  • A few standard posting rules. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
A few example posts have been posted to the new subreddit to give a general idea of what it can be used for. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
I joined.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:27pm
Thanks Ashley.

For all those who join, you can help grow the subreddit by posting content of your own, along with commenting on and voting on existing content. 

Collaborators who add new artists can use the post Flair New Artist to advertise the addition. I've used the most recently added band Lipstick as an example.
GG2U

BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:47pm
Nice one. I have joined up too. Should be a good way of generating more interest.
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:49pm
Just joined too.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 11:18pm
And we now have a Quora space too.

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 1:52am
👍
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 4:03am
Some tweaking here and there may be required, but I think the MMA subreddit is coming along nicely.

It's my hope that the MMA community will join and post regularly, especially collaborators who can use the post flairs New Artist and Review.

Reddit does impose some posting limits to new members of a subreddit (about ten minutes between posts I believe), which we can't change, but this should soon stop for all who join after you gain Reddit karma in the MMA subreddit. You'll gain karma by making and commenting on posts. 

Any further subreddits made by the MMA staff will be added under the sidebar Associated SubReddits, so make sure to check any that appear there as well. Should anyone ever make subreddits for PA or JMA we'd also include those in this section. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:23am
The MMA Monday Roundup weekly post has just been released.

Post the best album you heard in the last week. Optionally say a bit about it.

Vote up or down the albums mentioned by others.

Most voted album will be featured as the MMA Album of the Week, so your votes are crucial. 

GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:02pm
Will take me a while to get my head around it being an old bugger.

I'll look into quora too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic