Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memes about Jon Schaffer in Capitol...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 8:42am
This thread did ask for memes and this one isn't in the linked web page in the first post. And perfectly sums up this mess he's made for himself. 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 9:06am
LOL

Reissue cover confirmed. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:06am
LOL. Some people really understand how to destroy their lives and their legacy...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:44am
Apparently Century Media Records has removed all reference to Iced Earth from their website: https://www.centurymedia.com/index.aspx Shocked. Isn´t that maybe a bit drastic?

We can poke fun at him for doing something really stupid, and he will probably be punished really hard by the US court system, but removing his artistic output seems a little harsh to me. Come on...lots of people still listen to Burzum (including myself), and Varg actually stabbed a man to death in cold blood. Even planned it...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 11:46am
Back then after Varg was in prison record labels didn't want to touch his music either. It was only released because a fan set up a label, Misanthropy Records (coincidentally a very local label to where I live), just to release Burzum, that those records were released.

I do keep keeping thinking about Varg's crimes through this and how his music remains in such high regard. Varg literally murdered a man (and is not the only musician in black metal alone to have done so), yet people still worship his music. Filosofem remains the top black metal album on RYM to this day. Likewise Faust from Emperor also murdered a man, yet was allowed to rejoin Emperor from 2013-2014 and to this day is with several active acts including Blood Tsunami. 

I guess the difference is these are historical crimes now that the guilty have served their sentences for. Schaffer's is still fresh (and committed during the era of Cancel Culture) and some will probably consider it a worse crime, which I disagree with. He's still a prick for what he's done and I don't think I'll ever be able to respect him as a person again, but he didn't kill anyone. He took part in a riot during an event where tensions were already high and those people were pretty much encouraged by the President himself. 

He will get what's coming to him for it, but it'll be interesting to see if metalheads in general will come to overlook this event and just judge the music as music. I'd hope so, given how many overlook Varg's crimes today.

For the record I own Burzum releases too, but I have zero respect for Varg as a person. But I will still listen to him in those rare moments when his brand of black metal scratches an itch. The same will be true of Jon Schaffer's bands. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 10:50am
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 10:54am
Well, I for one am done with Iced Earth, and I won't spend another dime on their music or merch, and I probably won't be able to listen to their music without getting angry (a shame... I mean Stormrider and all). Same thing with Tim Lambesis: after the whole hitman thing, I just couldn't enjoy Austrian Death Machine anymore. And Varg can suck a bag of dicks.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Well, I for one am done with Iced Earth, and I won't spend another dime on their music or merch, and I probably won't be able to listen to their music without getting angry (a shame... I mean Stormrider and all). Same thing with Tim Lambesis: after the whole hitman thing, I just couldn't enjoy Austrian Death Machine anymore. And Varg can suck a bag of dicks.

And I feel less guilty that of the 8 or so Iced Earth albums I have only one isn't a CD-r that I traded.WinkEmbarrassed
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:57pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

https://www.metalsucks.net/2021/02/01/hansi-kursch-quits-demons-wizards-my-collaboration-with-jon-schaffer-is-over/

So Hansi Kursch is out.

Not a surprise. I'm surprised no one from Iced Earth has left yet. Being tainted by association is a thing, especially these days. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:14am
Yeah Lostprophets didn't exactly last long after Ian Watkins was put behind bars. Slightly different with the crime, but still.

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Yeah Lostprophets didn't exactly last long after Ian Watkins was put behind bars. Slightly different with the crime, but still.

Bet there's more Iced Earth apologists than there ever will be Lostprophets...Wink
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 3:31pm
And that's the end of a very pathetic story, folks!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 12:43pm
He has now pleaded guilty and will help rat out other participants in the riot in the hope of only having to 3-4 years of jail time...otherwise he could get up to 30 years on the two charges he has pleaded guilty to:
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-pleads-guilty-to-two-charges-for-his-role-in-capitol-riot/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:31am
If he served a full 30 years he'd be in his 80s before he got out.

It doesn't seem that many criminals ever serve the full sentence these days though. 

Still if he rats anyone out, I can't imagine that going down on the inside.

Or maybe I've just watched and read too much fiction. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:41am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

If he served a full 30 years he'd be in his 80s before he got out.

It doesn't seem that many criminals ever serve the full sentence these days though. 

Still if he rats anyone out, I can't imagine that going down on the inside.

Or maybe I've just watched and read too much fiction. 

Well those Oath Keepers are armed to their teeth and filled with rage. I wouldn´t want to rat them out. Who knows the retribution they´ll cook up for you, once you get out of prison...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:44am
Look at these guys Schaffer apparently hung out with ShockedWacko...humble farmers my ass LOL.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/capitol-riot-suspects-are-on-a-pr-blitz?via=twitter_page

Edited by UMUR - 17 Apr 2021 at 12:46am
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:55am
well I just bought the re-release of Iced Earth's debut album so that'll help with his Court costs a bit. Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

well I just bought the re-release of Iced Earth's debut album so that'll help with his Court costs a bit. Wink

I purchased that re-release a couple of years ago, so I guess I´m helping with the costs too LOL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic