MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to the forums!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the forums!
    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 2:02pm
Hey all! I'm duck, I started listening to metal relatively recently but I've really enjoyed a lot of what I have listened to so far.

A friend of mine convinced me to start listening and I started out with your standard Metallica, Megadeth, System of a Down, Slipknot sort of stuff. He then introduced me to Gojira, which was probably the first death metal I listened to and I loved it (as you can probably see from my profile picture). Now I'm into all kinds of subgenres. Some of my favourite metal bands right now are Gojira (still), Dragged Into Sunlight, Opeth, TOOL, Behemoth, Sun 0))), Tomb Mold, and Deftones. I'm always open to recommendations, and I really enjoy listening to albums.

One question I have: I tried logging into the main site (not the forums) to leave a review on a Dragged Into Sunlight album (I really really enjoyed it and it's rated pretty poorly right now). However, the website tells me I have an incorrect user/password-- is the forum account not the same as the one you use to log in to the main site? Clarification is appreciated!

Thanks,
duck
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 3:05pm
Hi duck and welcome to MMA!

Sorry to hear you're having problems logging onto the main site. To answer your question, your username and password is the same for the forum and main site. It's case sensitive so make sure you're entering it exactly as it was created. If you're still having a problems come back and let us know and we'll get it sorted.
duck View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 3:22pm
Hey Nightfly, it still isn't working for me. I'm definitely using all lowercase and I'm sure it's the right password. I saved the login in Google Chrome when I created it, and I also tried manually typing it in. I could try a password reset and see if it helps?
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 3:27pm
Yes might be worth giving it a go. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:58am
Welcome to MMA duck. 

Sorry to hear you're already having problems, I see Paul's been helping you and hope it's sorted out now. 

Unfortunately we don't know why this sometimes happens. My personal theory is that it's somehow on the user end since other users have sometimes allowed me to try logging in to their account with their passwords from my machine and they've worked from here. Exactly what could possibly do that or why is a mystery to me. Using a different password usually sorts it out though. 

Let us know if you need any more help. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:24am
Welcome to MMA. Some nice artists you listen too.

I´m not sure you´ll enjoy some of my favorite albums, but I´ll recommend them anyways :-)

Demolition Hammer: Tortured Existence
Morgoth: Odium
Nevermore: The Politics of Ecstacy
Slayer - Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, and Seasons in the Abyss
Voivod - Killing Technology, Dimension Hatröss, Nothingface

But those are just some albums to check out. This site is loaded with good stuff Clap. I can recommend going through the top rated albums on each genre page. Definitely some great albums to experience there.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:56pm
Welcome to MMA. Handshake
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 4:29pm
welcome
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:08pm
Welcome, always good to see someone new!
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 3:05pm
Welcome Duck,

Relatively new to MMA myself but have found it to be an invaluable source of metal recommendation and continue to consult it on a daily basis adding ratings as I go. Haven't managed to add as many reviews as I'd like yet but I will rectify that soon. I'm also a huge fan of Gojira, in particular, albums 3 to 5.

If you don't already know it "Hidden History of the Human Race" by Blood Incantation is probably my favourite modern death metal discovery from using the site. The list of others would go on forever and covers many sub-genres. The best bit is, I have barely scratched the surface!

Edited by BitterJalapeno - 02 Dec 2020 at 3:13pm
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
MrMan2000 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMan2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 7:36pm
Agree on Voivod. Kind of an underrated, ahead-of-their-time band IMO. Their best stuff came out in late 80's / early 90's and combined thrash with....other elements. Especially love Nothingface, which is brilliant from beginning to end IMO.
Check out my Rock and Roll Soap Box site on YouTube where I opine on various things rock: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJZ37mEgLpKzYvPbXcHQkg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic