MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't add BUCKETHEAD album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't add BUCKETHEAD album
    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 2:58pm
I'm getting this. Is it possible that a certain page can only handle so many new editions before it collapses under its own weight? BH is testing

Trying to add the newest non-metal Buckethead album and this is what i'm getting.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 104:        //db.Albums.Attach(album, albumToUpdate);
Line 105:
Line 106:        albumToUpdate.AlbumTypeId = album.AlbumTypeId;
Line 107:        albumToUpdate.BandId = album.BandId;
Line 108:        albumToUpdate.Cover = album.Cover;

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\metalmusicarchives.com\App_Code\BLL\AlbumsBLL.cs    Line: 106

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   AlbumsBLL.UpdateAlbum(Album album) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\metalmusicarchives.com\App_Code\BLL\AlbumsBLL.cs:106
   EditAlbum.SubmitButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\metalmusicarchives.com\EditAlbum.aspx.cs:212
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +11595695
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +273
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1889

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 3:11pm
Let me try, see if it lets me. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 3:14pm
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/buckethead/pike-280-in-dreamland

Is it possible you selected the old Non-Metal tag from the drop-down Mike? The one under Other right at the bottom of the list? Max should have removed that long ago. It needs to be the tag that's listed alphabetically. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/buckethead/pike-280-in-dreamland

Is it possible you selected the old Non-Metal tag from the drop-down Mike? The one under Other right at the bottom of the list? Max should have removed that long ago. It needs to be the tag that's listed alphabetically. 

Not only possible but that's what i did! Now it's telling me the album already exists here and when i go to the page it isn't there. Let me try your suggestion.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 3:19pm
Nope. Tried it

Add album

Album Title:
< name="ctl00$MainPlaceHolder$AlbumTitleText" ="text" value="Pike 280 - In Dreamland" id="ctl00_MainPlaceHolder_AlbumTitleText" style="width:250px;"> Album with same title and same album type already exists.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 3:21pm
OK! It just showed up but in the wrong order. Squirrely little bastard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic