MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post an album only you have rated on MMA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post an album only you have rated on MMA
    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Peacock Feather Peacock Feather wrote:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/nomeansno/the-peoples-choice(compilation)

Literally one of the most legendary punk act in Canada. Great compilation of their greatest hits.

Best punk band of all time imo. Wrong blew my mind when I first heard it and changed my view of what punk can be.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Peacock Feather View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peacock Feather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 4:36am
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/amia-venera-landscape/the-long-procession

I wouldn't be so categorized tagging this as Hardcore Punk cause it has a lot of elements of prog and post metal. Anyway this is album that I deeply love. Especially A New Aurora.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/reka/iii-renaissance

My most beloved Reka record. Check out their records if you like Amenra or Lvmen.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/nomeansno/the-peoples-choice(compilation)

Literally one of the most legendary punk act in Canada. Great compilation of their greatest hits.

Edited by Peacock Feather - 27 Apr 2021 at 4:38am
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 8:57am
Ah, they changed they stile a bit since this release. Their most recent EP has less electronics.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 1:05am
Ok, so this is not completely by the book, as there are actually two persons who have rated this album, but I´m the only one who has written a review. I haven´t read my own review since I wrote it in 2013, and I found that it was one of my reviews that I enjoyed reading again and it put it a smile on my face reading how I struggled to try and describe the weird sounds of the release. Now that was a challenge LOL. Mike is the master of writing about avant garde music...me..eh not so much.
!T.O.O.H.! - Democratic Solution cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/tooh/democratic-solution

...and my review:

"Democratic Solution" is the 4th full-length studio album by Czech Republic extreme metal act !T.O.O.H.!. The album was released by the band as a free digital download in August 2013. Apparently it´s meant to be the last album by !T.O.O.H.!. I´ll take that with a grain of salt though as they´ve already disbanded one time before in 2005 after they were dropped by Earache Records, and since we now have "Democratic Solution" to listen to, they clearly have trouble dissolving the band completely.

!T.O.O.H.! consists of the two-piece Schizoid (Drums, Vocals) and Humanoid (Bass, Guitars, Vocals, Programming) and were on their previous releases known for their odd take on technical/progressive death metal. This time around they´ve taken their music in an even more odd direction as "Democratic Solution" sounds like a computer game version of an extreme metal release. Blabbering Czech language vocals, which sometimes sound like the singer is drunk or having a raving party, what sounds like technical programmed drums and odd buzzing guitars are more or less what make up the sound on "Democratic Solution". It´s like a kid´s birthsday party gone wrong. It´s certainly both complex and avant garde in execution, but not necessarily uninviting or difficult. Just weird...

The vocals are mostly clean and the melody lines (however odd and sometimes almost childish in nature) are generally pretty catchy. Even though the use of extreme vocal styles is very limited on "Democratic Solution", it´s still a very extreme release. Just on other parameters than the extremity of the vocal delivery.

This is pretty surely not music for everyone, and even extreme metal listeners who are used to avant garde elements, might find themselves a bit challenged here. Personally I find "Democratic Solution" oddly charming but at times also slightly annoying, so it´s definitely an album I have to be in the right mood to appreciate. There is no questioning the originality of the product, the excellent musicianship or the quality of the relatively well sounding production though and based on that, but also taking into consideration by ambivalent feelings toward the album, a 3 - 3.5 star (65%) rating is warranted.

Edited by UMUR - 25 Dec 2020 at 1:09am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:34pm
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/beehoover/heavy-zooo

A recent discovery, kind of a reverse Floor as a sludge/grunge band with only bass and drums as opposed to just guitar and drums. Both forcefully heavy and dark yet beautifully melodic, their new album from 2020 is what I first heard and is really good too.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:49am
^Thanks, Patrick! 

Edited by Tupan - 14 Dec 2020 at 7:54am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

So far, I am the only person rating the albums of the amazing heavy metal band Haunt! Flashback is my fav and it'ss on my "best of" list this year: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/haunt/flashback

PS: I couldn't post the pic, don't know why

HAUNT - Flashback cover
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:05am
So far, I am the only person rating the albums of the amazing heavy metal band Haunt! Flashback is my fav and it'ss on my "best of" list this year: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/haunt/flashback

PS: I couldn't post the pic, don't know why
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:53am
In the paper, Danzig making an album with Elvis covers would be perfect

BUT WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT PRODUCTION, IT SEEMS THAT DANZIG IS RECORDING HIS VOCALS 57 METERS AWAY FROM THE MIC
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 4:47pm
I haven't listened to much of Danzig's stuff post-Danzig 4, but I thought Deth Red Sabaoth was pretty good.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

This is absolutely dreadful. Just because people call you the Evil Elvis doesn't mean you're the REAL Elvis!Shocked

It´s so sad how the great has fallen Cry. From Danzig 5 and onwards there has been very few highlights worth mentioning.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:40am
This is absolutely dreadful. Just because people call you the Evil Elvis doesn't mean you're the REAL Elvis!Shocked

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

^is that an album cover or promotional art for a 2005 Need for Speed game? LOL

A fairly recent addition, but I am the only rater as of now, so:

These guys blew my mind when I first heard them. Amazing bass-driven post-hardcore that's heavy, has personality, attitude, and is a lot of fun. It's like if The B-52's got really pissed off.

great album

How about you rate it then? Tongue

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/rock-goddess/rock-goddess

Really underrated NWoBHM album, extremely high energy and catchy.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

CRETIN - Freakery cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/cretin/freakery

A good slap of old school grindcore/goregrind heavily influenced by Repulsion.

I have actually heard this, but haven't rated it.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

^is that an album cover or promotional art for a 2005 Need for Speed game? LOL

A fairly recent addition, but I am the only rater as of now, so:

These guys blew my mind when I first heard them. Amazing bass-driven post-hardcore that's heavy, has personality, attitude, and is a lot of fun. It's like if The B-52's got really pissed off.

great album
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:20am
CRETIN - Freakery cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/cretin/freakery

A good slap of old school grindcore/goregrind heavily influenced by Repulsion.

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 4:03am

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/hamfer%C3%B0/evst

Great album from these doom merchants from The Faroe Isles. Not quite as strong as it's follow up but a great debut nevertheless including a stunning vocal performance from guest Eivør Pálsdóttir. 
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 3:13pm
^and I will give that album a listen.

One of my absolute favorite death metal albums. Perfectly blends both the slow doom and thrashy groove sides of death metal. Immolation of the Agnostic in particular transitions perfectly from its death-doom intro to a great hook, definitely in my top 10 death metal songs.
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 2:28pm
I will give the above albums a listen and report back.

As Bosh was kind enough to also add this for me, try this.  Don't let the album cover fool you.  It's a double album and the first disc does NOT sound how it looks.

Edited by BitterJalapeno - 23 Oct 2020 at 2:55pm
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:27am
Since the punk and hardcore team were good enough to add it for me...

It's a bit different, but definitely worth a listen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic