Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Iron Maiden compilation coming May 23rd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Iron Maiden compilation coming May 23rd
    Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 2:46pm
Yet again Sleepy

Well, this time it actually has a point as it includes lots of stuff that's never been compiled before, but probably will again come next year and the next compilation.

New Iron Maiden Best Of Confirmed!
terrybezer / News / 15/03/2011 18:21pm

iron_maiden_art90Oh yes, there�s a brand new Iron maiden �best of� compilation confirmed. Come in for all of the details and tracklisting for �From Fear To Eternity�!

Iron Maiden have confirmed that they will release �From Fear To Eternity: The Best Of 1990 – 2010′ on May 23rd through EMI.

The tracklisting will run:

DISC 1

1. The Wicker Man 4.36
2. Holy Smoke 3.49
3. El Dorado 6:49
4. Paschendale 8.28
5. Different World 4.19
6. Man On The Edge (LIVE) 4.40
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 7.22
8. Blood Brothers 7.14
9. Rainmaker 3.49
10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE) 10.49
11. Brave New World 6.19
12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE) 7.41

DISC 2

1. Be Quick Or Be Dead  3.24
2. Tailgunner 4.15
3. No More Lies  7.22
4. Coming Home 5.52
5. The Clansman (LIVE) 9.06
6. For the Greater Good of God 9.25
7. These Colours Don�t Run) 6.52
8. Bring Your Daughter� To The Slaughter 4.44
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers 6.57
10. Dance of Death 8.36
11. When the Wild Wind Blows 11.02

The collection will also be made available as a Digital Download Album and as a Limited Edition Triple Vinyl Picture Disc.

Steve Harris says: �The tour has been amazing so far and we�ve been overwhelmed by the reaction from our fans everywhere. We are now on our way to Mexico and South America which the whole band is very excited about!  We really enjoy playing there as the fans are so passionate and we always feel a huge responsibility to put on the best show we possibly can for them.

�For this tour we have a great set list, a brand new stage show, and of course Eddie!. This leg of the tour ends with two shows in Florida in April, which is another favourite place for us to play, then we�ll be taking a short break before a series of Summer headline Festival and Stadium shows in Europe, finishing up with our first UK Arena tour in many years. It�s a great way to round off what has been an incredible time for Maiden these last few years. We are really looking forward to seeing all our loyal fans again and welcoming all the new ones! �

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/iron-maiden--from-fear-to-eternity-the-best-of-1990%E2%80%932010(compilation).aspx

Edited by Pekka - 15 Mar 2011 at 2:47pm
<- Click on this!
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 2:49pm
Excessive!
Inexistence is the true normality.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:01pm
My first thought was "oh no, not again!", but come to think of it, this is the only really goodish best of compilation they've released since Best of the Beast. They make a nice, if slightly overlapping couple.
<- Click on this!
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:40pm
Cool cover, though I don't really think I'm going to be purchasing this one.

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:25pm
At least this one isn't like every other compilation out there, giving only a best of the 80s.  Still useless.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:28pm
I guess this may be an OK purchase for a Maiden newbie looking for their newer stuff, but I know I won't be getting it. I think we all have heard enough Maiden compilations over the years. LOL
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 7:55am
I know I wont want this as i have 'A Matter of life and death' back to the 1990s catalogue. Making this useless to devotees. Got some great songs on it for newbies though. Like Ed Hunter but not as good era.
GLAM METAL!
agungpratama82 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agungpratama82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:10am
Iron Maiden came in Jakarta and i feel very appreciate with their performance, thanks good i have seen my favorite bandTongue
Bartje1979 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bartje1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:56pm
On "Somewhere Back In Time: Best Of 1980-1989", all songs were sung by Bruce Dickinson. The Dianno-era songs were featured as live-tracks with Bruce on vocals. I guess we won't hear Blaze Bayley on this compilation either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic