Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA Best of the Decade 2010s Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 3:59pm
Dream Theater's The Astonishing looks like another one that has gone down in people's estimations - voted no 3 in 2016 and 108 here. 
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 4:14pm
I'm pretty sure it only ranked that high because it got a couple first place votes (including from me, if I remember right.) I voted it 6th, this time, so it still got a lot of points from that, but not as much as if it had been first, obviously. I still personally voted it ahead of any other 2016 album, though.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

great work, it looks awesome. 

I'm surprised at the number 1, but then again I've never understood the hype around The Book of Souls. 

I took a while to warm to it myself, unlike say Number of the Beast or Brave New World, which nail it right from the get-go. Now I have though, it's well up there in the Maiden pantheon. And the songs from it come across really well live too. The lessened initial impact might have something to do with the length. I'll still say it's probably a couple of songs too long.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:18am
Good result IMO. Lovely presentation as always too. Clap
voila_la_scorie View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Proto Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voila_la_scorie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 12:25am
From where I am at, I'm glad to see quite a few Canadian bands and Japan's Ningen Isu and Lovebites up there twice. Plus I actually have about 20 of the albums on the list, so I'm happy! I shared this on Twitter. I hope the link works!
A story told that can't be real somehow must reflect the truth we feel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic