Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Falconer Announce Breakup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Falconer Announce Breakup
    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 12:21pm
I'm pretty shocked to see that instead of news about their new, long awaited follow-up album to Black Moon Rising, that Swedish folksy power metallers Falconer have today announced their split. New album From a Dying Ember (which seems poetically named now we know this) was always planned to be a farewell statement from the band.

The following message was posted to the band's Facebook profile today:

Quote FALCONER DISBANDING

As the new album "From a dying ember" is released on the 26:th of June FALCONER will cease to exist after 20 years.
The reason is nothing drastical or sudden but it has grown during the last years.
It is just time to move on after all this time to do something different, whatever that might be.

I (Stefan) felt before this album that although I love Falconer´s music I knew just too well how to make it and what my own expectations and boundaries are when it comes to writing songs for Falconer. It felt maybe a bit too safe and familiar.

We decided to make this final album as good as we possibly could and really concentrate on having all Falconer elements present and really make sure that each element got full devotion.
For example, the ballad should be as "ballady" as ever, and the folk song should sound as folky as possible etc.
The sole decision to make this the final album actually sparked a new found enthusiasm and engagement for me as a song writer, it was like the final sprint for a long distance runner.

The last thing we wanted was to release a "so-so" final album, but really make it good enough so we could end the band with our heads held high, thus we let it take it´s time.
If we succeeded we´ll leave to the fans to decide, but we as a band feel really proud of this achievement and hope that most fans will consider this to be a respectable “Adieu”.

So, what will happen for the members now? Well there is no real plans for that, we´ll just see what the future brings when it comes to music.................................

With this said we would like to thank all our fans and everyone that we have worked with or met during the years and wish you all the best in the future.

With the Falconer dead and his falcons soaring the sky
we bid you all a final farewell!

Stefan, Mathias, Karsten, Jimmy and Magnus

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 2:45pm
Always thought it a bit strange that a band goes to all the trouble of writing and recording an album and then immediately splits up. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:40am
Good band, sad they´ve deceided to disband. Oh well if you don´t feel for it anymore, then it´s maybe for the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic