Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List Challenges Not Related to Metal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Breaking my list making into some new territory. Beer. Beer

https://www.listchallenges.com/100-beers-that-adam-has-tried

I got 1. Iron Maiden Trooper.Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 12:50pm
Yeah you kinda need to either be a Brit or have toured our country in beer to do well on that one.

Edited by adg211288 - 13 Sep 2020 at 12:51pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 6:35pm
I could probably do the same with kiwi beers.Wink
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 4:42am
Pretty sure I'd score 0 on that. Though I do have one collaboration beer between our Adnams and your Yeastie Boys on my list. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:41am

I like wine.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:02pm

9 for me. Didn't realise Black Sheep had that many beers...or Hobgoblin for that matter.I drink hobgoblin gold very regularly, always having some in the house lately.

Suggest you try Wainwright, a lovely beer!
MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:01am
30 on the beers. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:56pm
Whipped this up since I've been watching a bit of old horror lately.

https://www.listchallenges.com/horror-the-early-years
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:42pm
12 of that lot. I have several of those movies sitting on my hard drive which I haven't watched just yet.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 5:08pm
Got 5, with 6 that I own but haven't gotten around to watching yet and a handful that I don't own but want to see.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:40am
I've got 19 so far myself. Not actually sure on the UK availability of some of these, especially the older they are. There's some German Expressionism films I put on there that I've had my fingers crossed for a while that Masters of Cinema can get a hold of for a restored blu-ray release with translated intertitles. They did The Golem (1920) not that long ago which I've picked up and that's an excellent silent horror movie.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 3:00am
Just passed 250000 users of my lists on LC. Cool

Still stuck at #49 on the list makers chart though. I'm a few hundred off breaking #48, but every time I get close LC seems to share like three lists from the same user and give them a massive boost and I'm suddenly lucky not to knocked out of the top 50. Unhappy

Keep trying to think up new ideas that may be interesting. One of these days LC may deign to share one of my actual metal lists which was what the profile was meant to all be about originally. But I'm not holding my breath on that. The best used metal lists remains the original Trad list currently @ 412 users. 

Here's another recent one that isn't doing too well. I guess it's too niche. But hey, you all can get a small look around my home county.

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 3:38pm
A fairly long one, latest update to my list of horror movies seen, now @ 480 movies/12 pages on LC: https://www.listchallenges.com/480-horror-movies-adam-has-seen
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:50pm

40 out of 70 for me. I saw many of those old black and white ones from the 30's in particular when I was teenager and there was always a Saturday night double bill starting around 11pm. I've probably seen a few more to be honest that didn't leave a lasting impression on me.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:33pm

0. Embarrassed

Yeah I don't know pretty much anything about movies of that age. 

Recommend me one to sell me exploring this kind of thing. 
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:53pm
I haven't seen many of those, but I can easily recommend Nosferatu. Probably the most overall foreboding feeling movie I've seen, and it being silent just increases that.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:03pm
If you're specifically after a horror film of any age I'll second the Nosferatu rec. If you're prefer not to go for a silent film though then a couple of gems are Them! and The Thing From Another World. I'd especially go for the latter if you've seen Carpenter's version. I made the mistake recently of selling my copy on which I quickly regretted and ended up rebuying it. Maybe I was subconsciously looking for an excuse to upgrade to blu-ray. 

If you do decide to go for Nesferatu make sure it's a quality restoration with translated intertitles - there's some rough versions out there I believe. I myself own the Masters of Cinema blu-ray release which is probably as good as you'll get for a movie that old. 

Edited by adg211288 - 22 Sep 2020 at 3:04pm
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:18pm
I'm open to pretty much anything but horror is one of my usual go to genres for movies. My knowledge of old movies, not counting Disney classics I grew up with on VHS, is limited to maybe half a dozen films right now. I'm open silent movies (always felt I should watch Metropolis for sci-fi movies - ironically Lang's M is one of the six I know I have seen that's from before 1960, but I haven't seen Metropolis), so I probably look into options for Nosferatu. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:34pm
I actually just found a decent copy on YouTube if you don't wish to buy it. Not sure on the legality. It claims to be the public domain version but it's clearly not based on a comparison site I just looked at. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 4:01pm
Oh and you must indeed watch Metropolis if you like sci-fi. But it's even more important to make sure you get a restored version with that one (even then a lot of the film is damaged beyond the ability to repair). You need the Masters of Cinema DVD or Blu-Ray to make sure you get as much as the movie as is still around to see. And be careful not to get the older Masters of Cinema DVD from before a lot of the missing material was found. A sensational movie even with the extant damage to the film. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic