Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA best of the 2010s - discussion thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 1:35pm
do albums tagged Hard Rock belong in the main list or non metal list?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 1:35pm
Main. Only Non-Metal in Non-Metal. Though be aware of anything that might be mistagged. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 4:16am
Final month for voting!

I must say I'd hoped there would be more lists for this by now. I hope you're all just been saving them for the final month. Wink
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 9:33am
A bit of final tweaking to do and I'll be finished.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 9:35am
We really need to push this as much as we can this month. I don't think we have enough votes to come out with a worthwhile result. 

Everyone please do what you can to share this around your social media, especially to other metalheads and get some of them over here to take part. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:47am
I really need to order mine. I keep putting it off. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:55am
I was just thinking about mine this morning. I have already forgotten what I was thinking, other than I need to finish it.Ouch
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:48am
I've just done mine. I'm not happy with it, but I don't think I'm ever going to be. Every album on my short list deserved some of my points but not all can have any. Apart from a few choice ones at the top end the rest may as well have just been randomised and hope for the best. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:10am
A little over a week for votes to be made and finalised!

We still need a lot more or this won't be worth doing!

Come on MMA!
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 4:27pm
Last reminder - tomorrow is the last full day of voting. As always with MMA votes, it's not truly closed until I say it's closed, but don't rely on leeway. I don't want to see any strops like with the 2019 vote where submissions weren't accepted because they weren't posted on time. When it's closed, it's closed. We have, I think, 15 submissions now and while it would be nice to see more this is probably enough for a reasonable presentation. But if anyone else can bring themselves to vote, all the better. 
GG2U

tapfret View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:03pm
As a show of respect for our sibling site with the forum that has the gorgeous black screen that ISN'T A BRIGHT BACKGROUND WITH PURPLE HIGHLIGHTS THAT MAKES ME WANT TO GOUGE MY EYEBALLS OUT MUCH OF THE TIME! ... I decided that I could come up with about 50 albums from the last 10 years to participate in the event. I have to say, out of the ridiculous number of bands on this site, there were several I thought for sure would be here. Cthulu Rise for one, would have ranked high. 

Anyway, looks like most of my top 10 isn't repeated anywhere. I have seen The Wake and The Mountain at least once each.

I did remove the numbers for the official list:

1. Voivod - The Wake
2. Pryapisme - Hyperblast Super Collider
3. Haken - The Mountain
4. Watchtower - Concepts in Mathematics Book 1
5. Colonel Petrov's Good Judgement - Among Servants
6. Syk - I-Optikon
7. Helium Horse Fly - Helium Horse Fly
8. Atheist - Jupiter
9. Panzerballett - Breaking Brain
10. Pryapisme - Diabolicus Felinae Pandemonium
11. Chimp Spanner - All Roads Lead Here
12. Electro Quarterstaff - Aykroyd
13. Exivious - Liminal
14. Opeth - Ina Cauda Venenum
15. Mestis - Basal Ganglia
16. Schitzofrantik - Oddities
17. Rings of Saturn - Lugal Ki En
18. Canvas Solaris - Irradiance
19. Virus - Momento Collider
20. Voivod - Target Earth
21. Unexpect - Fables of the Sleepless Empire
22. Blotted Science - The Animation of Entomology
23. Dysrhythmia - Terminal Threshold
24. Special Providence - Essence of Change
25. Protest the Hero - Fortress
26. Pain of Salvation - In the Passing Light of Day
27. Scale the Summit - The Migration
28. Dethklok - Dethalbum III
29. Syk - Atoma
30. Meshuggah - The Violent Sleep of Reason
31. Virus - The Agent That Shapes the Desert
32. Felix Martin - The Scenic Album
33. Counter-World Experience - Pulsar
34. Schizofrantik - Ripping Heartaches
35. Nova Collective - The Further Side
36. Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme
37. Dysrhythmia - Test of Submission
38. Haken - Visions
39. Rings of Saturn - Dingir
40. Animals as Leaders - Weightless
41. Portal - Ion
42. Pryapisme - Rococo Holocaust 
43. Periphery - Periphery (Instrumental)
44. Intronaut - Valley of Smoke
45. Theory in Practice - Crescendo Dezign
46. Meshuggah - Koloss 
47. Panzerballett - Xmas Death Jazz 

Edited by tapfret - 30 Jun 2020 at 5:05pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:30am
Originally posted by tapfret tapfret wrote:

I have to say, out of the ridiculous number of bands on this site, there were several I thought for sure would be here. Cthulu Rise for one, would have ranked high. 

We don't have many collabs currently and bands often get overlooked. If there are any bands that should be here please post them in our suggestion forum and we'll make sure they're added. Too late now for this vote as I've just finished the tally, but we still want them here if they belong. 

Edited by adg211288 - 01 Jul 2020 at 5:31am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:48am
Okay everyone, not being funny here, but next time we do a vote, you really must READ THE RULES.

The presentation has had to be recalculated twice already today, which not only makes muggins here who spends his time putting it together more work, it makes it take even longer before any of you can see the result. First time was because someone voted for a live album as their number two album. Live albums have never been permitted in an MMA Best Of Vote. The second time was for a Non-Metal album which wasn't picked up on until the presentation was in its second to last stage. And that's an even bigger continual problem. This is ultimately a metal vote, yet we see continual insistence of trying to slip Non-Metal into the list and making it even worse, giving those albums a fuckton of points, which just makes even more work adjusting the presentation when I pick up on them (usually at the point I'm about to insert them into it!). It needs to stop. As does trying to vote for artists and releases which are not even here, as at least one submission was made up of about half of, which again slows down the presentation's release. We do not mind you voting for things not here (so long as they should be of course) but you MUST report the act/release for addition if you're not a collab and add it yourself if you are. 

The rules for MMA best of votes have been standard for a while now. Yet every time I have to try to make things even more clearer than they already are. And yet still the rules are not being followed, which without sugar coating it, is pissing me off. And I am seriously considering making this one my last MMA presentation.

So just to be clear, these are the rules I expect you to follow when you vote. They are basic, fair and most voters manage it (and yes this size text WILL be used on the next rules since people aren't reading them - maybe then they will take notice):

No FUCKING NON-METAL

Only Full-Lengths, and Approved EPs/Splits - No Other Release Types and No Exceptions.

Lists ONLY in the designated submission format. There was even an example of what it should look like for Best of Decade. Next time, if there is a next time, I really will follow through on the threat of not counting any list which ignores this. It's requested for a reason. 

Thank you. The presentation is coming along nicely now, provided I don't see something else that's slipped under my radar that fucks it up again. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 2:03pm
Sorry for yesterday's outburst, but the point still stands. Please just think about these things next time around. This is a very time consuming job.

Anyway, the results are in and published! 

GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic