Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MMA best of the 2010s - discussion thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:14am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Colin you've put Opeth - Heritage on your Non-Metal list. That album is in Metal Related so is eligible for the main list, not the bonus Non-Metal round. 

I was under the impression metal-related is a non metal subgenre?

it doesn't make the cut in my main list

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 03 Mar 2020 at 8:15am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:16am
Nope, they're related but one is not under the other. For this you can put MR in your main list but not Non-Metal. That's what the extra list is for. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 11:48am
It's the non metal list I'm struggling with. Plenty of non metal albums in my collection I love but not that many that are in non metal here. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 12:54pm
Well the Non-Metal is optional. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If we get enough of them we'll add the bonus section, if we don't I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:13am
I'm not even going to worry about the Non-Metal extra until I have a list of 50 main albums that I'm happy with. Made pretty much zero progress on that so far though. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 11:25am
Yep. I keep thinking of things when I'm away from a computer, and then when it comes time to add to the list, I've forgotten.Confused
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 11:31am
I'm making slow progress. I have a list of albums to re-listen to and every one gets placed on my list afterwards. Whether I'll be happy with that list after this re-listen project remains to be seen. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 7:22am
Don't forget about the best of decade vote folks. 2 months to go until the deadline for your votes to be included.
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 5:10am
I already finalised mine. I don't think it will change now unless I discover something really sensational.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:38pm
I think I'm reasonably happy with my list now, but I'll probably keep changing album order every time I look at it. 

edit: getting started on head to head comparisons and so many have moved already LOL but I don't think I will add or remove any albums, just reorder

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 14 May 2020 at 3:25pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 12:40am
I'm close with mine, having listened to almost everything I needed to again over the last few months. There's a few albums that I know so well that I didn't really 'need' to relisten to to know they should be on my list. It's these ones that tend to be the higher ranked ones.

My biggest issue is that there's always going to be some albums that I think deserve points that I just won't have room for. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 12:57am
I still have some albums to listen to, I've been checking out so much music that I haven't been thinking about this too much. My non metal list (If we're doing that) is all good, and I'm pretty sure what I've got on my list will stay. It's more a matter of what else to add.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

My biggest issue is that there's always going to be some albums that I think deserve points that I just won't have room for. 

yeah, I could make a list of 200+ albums I love without much trouble

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

It's more a matter of what else to add.

Did you check out Old Man Gloom yet? Wink
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

It's more a matter of what else to add.

Did you check out Old Man Gloom yet? Wink

I checked out Ape of God (the one with the shorter songs), and thought it was pretty good. I still need to check out No and the other Ape of God. 

Did you check out Obake yet? Tongue
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 4:51pm
I did, really liked it but am unwilling to add things to my list without longer term exposure

from my list you might also enjoy Yakuza and recent Darkthrone

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 14 May 2020 at 4:58pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 5:15pm
I'm familiar with and enjoy some of Yakusa's earlier albums, especially Samsara, but haven't heard any thing past that. I'll check that album out. I've heard a couple of recent Darkthrone albums years ago, but I'll have to refresh my memory.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:50pm
Checked out that Yakuza album, great stuff. Really liked the post-hardcore metal blend.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:59pm
Still need to get mine in the right order though I think I have pretty much everything there that I want to include.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:17pm
getting the order right is hard with this thing because numbers ~6-35 are all super close to each other
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 6:22am
I really need to do mine. I just have an unordered list posted at the moment. 

I think we also need more new voters on this than we currently have if its going to be worthwhile. We have 11 submissions currently. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic