MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tool - Fear Inoculum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool - Fear Inoculum
    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 3:38pm
 I had a quick listen to the new Tool album "Fear Inoculum" and while it sounds pretty good it shows no growth whatsoever from their past work which is a bit disappointing considering the length of time it's took to release it. Any track could sit comfortably on their last couple of albums. 

There's obviously a big demand for it though as hard copies are totally sold out apart from a few chancers advertising it for ridiculous prices - I've seen it for around £200. While I'm sure I'll end up buying it I think I'll wait for the second pressing. I don't want it that much!
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 3:59pm
So sounds like it’s worth picking up then, Paul?
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 4:07pm
If you're a Tool fan then yes. For casual listeners i'd say non-essential. I think they've way under-estimated the amount they'd sell on CD/LP though which is good news for the band I guess. I read that 80,000 copies had been pressed which is pretty good going in this day and age. I imagine more copies will soon be available.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 4:41pm
I've heard people complaining here in New Zealand that they can't get it, despite the fact that New Zealanders buy more Tool albums per capita than any other country in the world.

I shall refrain from offering any further opinion.Clown
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 9:11pm
It's on YouTube. I've never been a huge Tool fan but i have all the albums and play them occasionally. They definately forged a  unique sound all their own. The new one sounds like too little too late. I think the hype is bigger than it deserves to be honest. So many better bands out there these days and more creative .

Don't waste your money, listen here first! I'll wait to get it when it's used ;)

Edited by siLLy puPPy - 04 Sep 2019 at 9:12pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 11:30pm
I quite like the album, actually!Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:07am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

So sounds like it’s worth picking up then, Paul?

Sounds like it´s not worth picking up then Wink. Said by a fan of the first two albums, who think they went downhill from there.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 8:01am
Wow. Looks like i listened to the album on YouTube before it got taken down. 

I listened to the entire thing last night whereas before only tracks.

While it is certainly my least favortie out of the canon and hardly worth the long wait,

it's not that bad either. 

Tool is a hypnotic sort of band kind of like a metal version of German Krautrock

There are some excellent tracks on this new album but i think there are a few that are rather meh as well

Nevertheless the album will sell mass quantitites and i'll take this over Mylie Cyrus any day :D
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Wow. Looks like i listened to the album on YouTube before it got taken down. 

I listened to the entire thing last night whereas before only tracks.

While it is certainly my least favortie out of the canon and hardly worth the long wait,

it's not that bad either. 

Tool is a hypnotic sort of band kind of like a metal version of German Krautrock

There are some excellent tracks on this new album but i think there are a few that are rather meh as well

Nevertheless the album will sell mass quantitites and i'll take this over Mylie Cyrus any day :D
If you put it that way, I guess I´ll take the new Tool album too LOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 10:34pm
^ LOL

Didn't mean it quite like that! I read that the new Tool album was going to knock Cyrus off top album charts.

I actually like the album but as  you probably have noticed my musical attention span is quite diverse and i don't have enough hours in my life to take in every possibl album.

The new album doesn't offer anything new to the Tool paradigm but still is an enjoyable album and those who have a major following of this band won't be disappointed. 

Personally i like to see some growth after this long of a break between albums.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 2:03pm
Still unavailable on CD or vinyl. Thought they may have had a repress by now.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:59pm
Tool and Neurosis suffer from the same problem: too comfortable with the styles they created.

Edited by Tupan - 26 Sep 2019 at 1:00pm
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 1:07pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 1:33pm
My mate just dropped £80 on this. Apparently that's the normal price for the CD according to him. That right? Seems well out of line of them if so. I am not that big on Tool but I would say fuck off to even Blind Guardian for that price. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 1:57pm
^The price of Fear Inoculum in the brazilian version of Google Play it's equivalent to £5!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

My mate just dropped £80 on this. Apparently that's the normal price for the CD according to him. That right? Seems well out of line of them if so. I am not that big on Tool but I would say fuck off to even Blind Guardian for that price. 

I doubt that very much, very few people would shell out £80 for a CD. 

Strange that their advert in the music mags doesn't mention a vinyl version. I wonder if they're not going to release it in that format?

Oh wait, hadn't realized this - there's a bit more to it than simply a CD. This is what it says on Amazon so £80 sounds right....

Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band’s first new album in 13 years. The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 30 page insert book and MP3 download card.

Edited by Nightfly - 26 Sep 2019 at 3:34pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:30pm
I looked it up. There is no vinyl as far as I can see and there is no 'normal' CD. Only the £80 deluxe, which a lot of people are asking even more for.

He showed me the CD when I saw him yesterday. You're basically paying for packaging with a built in video player. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:35pm
^ You beat me to it Adam. Just edited my post above.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:42pm
I admit it's a nice collector's item...but making their fans wait 13 years for a new album and then only releasing the physical as an £80 CD? I think they're well out of line. Anyone who buys it is just paying for fancy bells and whistles while the CD itself sits in a flimsy cardboard slipcase loose inside the main product. I guess there is digital but personally (even though I had no intention of buying this or even any desire to hear it) I would not support this on principle. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 4:06pm
I keep getting slammed for calling them pretentious. I think this proves my point.Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic