MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do you get nostalgic for?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you get nostalgic for?
    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 8:51pm
On another forum there is a thread talking about things 90's-00's related and it got me waxing all nostalgic! I'm a 90's kid, you see, and I love a lot of the cartoons from this era: Sonic the Hedgehog(a.k.a. SatAM), Swat Kats, Samurai Pizza Cats, Power Rangers, The Pirates of Dark Water, etc. Not to mention all the other stuff: The LEGO themed sets of this era,  some of the commercials too I guess, etc. So it got me thinking: what are some of the things/shows/etc. that YOU guys get nostalgic over? 'Really curious(particularly if it's from a previous generation)...LET LOOSE, YO!Big smile
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 3:09pm
 I think most of us get nostalgic for things that happened when we were growing up. It was the 70's for me. Tv would be things like Looney Tunes cartoons which don't seem to get shown anymore, original Scooby Doo, comedies like The Likely, Lads, Dad's Army. These days though of course you can always buy them on DVD or see them on Tv channels like UK Gold but a lot of stuff I used to love was unavailable for years. The BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas was another favourite. 

I also have very happy memories of holidays in the Lake District - I still go regularly but I'm always reminded of past happy times there.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:44pm
^Nice! I haven't seen the original Scooby Doo in years!Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 11:48pm
Childhood things such as movies and TV shows I used to watch. I still revisit some a bit when the mood strikes. I find most childhood TV doesn't age well for the adult viewer (except for Reboot, but they took that off air in the UK during series 3 for being too adult for our eyes so not sure if it really counts) but many of the movies (especially Disney ones) are timeless and I still enjoy them just as much. 

I also get nostalgic for places in my hometown which aren't there any more. These days we have Google Street view and along the main roads we can actually rewind to previous captures, which is like looking back in time, which is actually pretty cool. Unfortunately such things weren't around when I was a kid, so I'll never be able to see my favourite haunts again which I remember being there but can no longer remember the fine details of what they looked like. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic