Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New POSSESSED album after 32 years!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New POSSESSED album after 32 years!!!
    Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:49pm
Just found this out today. While lead single doesn't blow me away, the band that some consider the first gestators of death metal return to unleash their newest album REVELATIONS OF OBLIVION.

Evil Smile 

Possessed announce new album ‘Revelations Of Oblivion’ 

POSSESSED have announced a new album!

Titled Revelations of Oblivion, the upcoming album is the first new music from the legendary death metallers for three decades and is scheduled to be released in May this year!

The upcoming album was recorded at NRG Studios and Titan Studios with JeffBecerra as executive producer and Daniel Gonzalez as co-producer for the album. Mixing and mastering was handled by Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY, PAIN, BLOODBATH) at Abyss Studios in Sweden. For the artwork, the band enlisted Polish artist Zbigniew Bielak (PARADISE LOST, ABSU, DEICIDE, GHOST, GORGUTS).

Speaking about the upcoming album, vocalist Jeff Becerra says, “Working with Peter was a fantastic experience. We put a great deal of thought into who we wanted to produce our new album. Since we hadn’t made an all-new material release in well over 30 years, it was essential that we found the right person. Peter‘s name kept coming up over and over, and after speaking with my bandmates they all really liked Peter as he is more organic, and somebody we felt would fit in well with our process. This album from start to release has been a fantastic experience. All of us in POSSESSED hope you enjoy this newest release and we look forward to touring and creating much more new music in the future. We appreciate all of your support and dedication. Hope to see you during our upcoming tours & shows soon. Thank you to each and every one of you for your inspiration and dedication to POSSESSED.”

Alongside the announcement of the new album, the band have released the first taster from the upcoming album; titled No More Room In Hell.

Track List: 

1. Chant Of Oblivion
2. No More Room In Hell
3. Dominion
4. Damned
5. Demon
6. Abandoned
7. Shadowcult
8. Omen
9. Ritual
10. The Word
11. Graven
12. Temple Of Samael

Revelations of Oblivion is set for release on May 10th via Nuclear Blast Records.

For more information on POSSESSED like their official page on Facebook.

Edited by siLLy puPPy - 19 Mar 2019 at 8:55pm
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm
It's weird cuz i added the album and it doesn't appear under new albums on homepage but yet it appears as a new album on any other page Wacko
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 1:29am
Kind of sounds like Exodus w/ the fire and hell demons themes of Slayer lol. I like it. I just found out about this upcoming release not too long ago myself! Definitely looking forward to it.Thumbs Up
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 11:48am
I heard a new song the other day. Liked it!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:01pm
Looking forward to hearing that. 
metaldams View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metaldams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm
I just pre-ordered my copy. I admit I wasn't expecting much with Jeff Becerra being the only link to the old days, but that new song sounds fantastic. Jeff sounds great as does the band. The guitar solo was excellent and Jeff's voice sounds good.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:06pm
I would be tempted to buy the album only on the status of Possessed as a cult band AND the artwork (wow, it must be something to admire as a LP cover!)
RRROOOAAARRR!!! - Vo�vod, II-1, 1986 B.C.
voila_la_scorie View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Proto Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voila_la_scorie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:17am
I'll surely check it out. I loved Seven Churches back when it first came out. It'll be cool to hear how they sound now.
A story told that can't be real somehow must reflect the truth we feel.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 5:34am
I do have an original vinyl.press of seven churches
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 7:12am
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

Wow. Must be worth some $$$$, unless the cat peed on it or something LOL

Since it wasn't popuilar in the beginning i would bet there are very few copies in existence.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

Wow. Must be worth some $$$$, unless the cat peed on it or something LOL

Since it wasn't popular in the beginning i would bet there are very few copies in existence.
From Discogs:

Notes

Initial Combat pressing with green labels. Inner sleeve with lyrics. Embossed cover. Seven Churches in black letters on front. First pressing has the word "Churches" misspelled as "Curches" on spine.

• Last Sold:

14 Feb 19
  • Lowest:

NZ$59.20
  • Median:

NZ$139.25
  • Highest:

NZ$221.99
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 12:45pm
Sorry, that's NZ dollars. 1NZD=0.68USD.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 3:11pm
On the strength of that first track it's a must have!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:11pm
There's a second song on Spotify this morning. It's better still I reckon. Like the new vocals a lot.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:06pm
I got my original pressing from my dad so I paid nothing for it. I should post pice of it if I can even find d it within my record shelves
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic