Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SLAYER Frontman: ' I Am Feeling Much Better'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SLAYER Frontman: ' I Am Feeling Much Better'
    Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 1:11pm

SLAYER Frontman: ' I Am Feeling Much Better'

The organizers of Australia's Soundwave festival have released the following statement from SLAYER bassist/vocalist Tom Araya regarding the cancelation of the band's appearance at the Sydney, Australia stop of the festival on Sunday, February 27:

"Sorry I couldn�t make the Sydney festival show. I am feeling much better and look forward to performing in Melbourne [on March 4]."

According to a new Facebook post by Tom's wife Sandra Araya, the SLAYER frontman "was suffering from vertigo due to extreme dehydration and lack of rest. " She added, "Our doctor is in the process of getting the results on the test that were ran (major time zone difference and being the weekend has held up those results). Hopefully there will be nothing more to add after the results are returned."

The Sydney appearance would have marked SLAYER's second show on the annual festival tour.

SLAYER is currently on the road without founding guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who underwent emergency surgery on his right arm in January after contracting a serious infection, possibly caused by a spider bite. He is now recuperating at home and is expected to make a full recovery. He will return to the SLAYER lineup as soon as he has fully recovered.

Hanneman's temporary replacement for the Soundwave festival is Gary Holt from veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrashers EXODUS.

(via Blabbermouth)

Edited by UMUR - 02 Mar 2011 at 1:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic