Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Top 2011 Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Oh my list will grow even more. There are still 4� months left of the year and I also have a shitload of albums from the first half of 2011 that I haven�t heard yet.

I'm in the same boat. Wink
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 9:07pm
My current "list" is a total mess.  It just groups releases I like and/or should purchase, then some other releases I've heard or own.  I probably won't be confident enough to share it for a few more months. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:01am
Just finished filling out my list on rate your music. It's a lot more visually appealing that my Last.fm list.

Lots of my favourite bands have releases out soon, so the higher end of the list could well still be upset. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:22am
Wow Adam!!! Have you really written reviews for 77, 2011 releases??? That�s quite the achivement. There are some labels out there that should pay for some of that workBig smile.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:07am
I've been a reviewing machine since uni finished for the summer. There's three more 2011 releases on the go at the moment. 
GG2U

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:28pm
Two big black metal albums to look forward to the rest of this year:
Abzu by Absu

and Celestial Lineage by Wolves in the Throne Room

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 12:37am
Grayceon's All We Destroy will surely end up in my list
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 2:51pm
I'm also quite enjoying Boris' Heavy Rocks (2011).  I'll probably pick up their other two 2011 albums soon.

and I'm fucking excited for new Russian Circles

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 18 Aug 2011 at 2:52pm
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Celestial Lineage by Wolves in the Throne Room

Not a lot of you know about WITTR, but judging by this leak, this album is going to be awesome.  But I think this might just be an interlude.

harmonium, if you like Liturgy, you'll LOVE Wolves in the Throne Room.  Similar tone, similar ideology (I guess), much better songwriting.
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 3:55am
^^^^ I'll have to give WITTR another shot. Brought their first album when it came out, but it didn't do too much for me.

On another note, Corrupted have just release a new album (I've not heard it yet) but I'll be sincerely surprised if this isn't one of my favourite albums this year:

"And so, the consciousness left from the body being wounded and exhausted by the countless difficulties of life, assimilated with the spring called infinity, like healing oneself. An infinity and eternity. An eternity and symbol of death. A symbol of death and wellspring of creation. Rising from the wellspring of creation, the product will rest forever even after the ruin of the body of the creator, reprocessing in front of another new lives. But as the time passes by, our lives in reality are loosing It's imaginative fascination by the material, times, and the evil named science. Our lives are full of lies. Our suffering demented soul will completely support death. Just because of the strong love for "life". CORRUPTED should be the the rare existence as the band nowadays struggling to expose the lies of life. Their 4th album is entitled "Garten Der Unbewusstheit", which means "garden of unconsciousness". This is the final album by "original" CORRUPTED featuring 3 tracks, total 63 minutes. But �garden of unconsciousness� should have existed from the early hardcore approaching days of CORRUPTED. The reason is not clear, but definitely what was going on was not progression, nor development but seeking and recurrence. So the fact is that the beat on this album is most calm, gentle, and transparent than ever. And this paradoxical evolution form is nothing but the result of huge studio works, mixing thousands of feedbacks and guitar overtones like constructing the three dimensional architecture. The remarkable point of this 3 track hour of suit is that this album totally transcends our usual sense of time. Like feeling a minute & a second like infinity, and feeling 60 minutes & 3600 seconds like moment...... this transcending sense can be described as the sense of liberation from material and life through music. So first of all, let's experience this album and expose the lies of our "given life". At last, as many may already know, the vocalist Hevi and guitarist Talbot left the group after recording of this album and 17 years of activities since 1994. Now CORRUPTED has a new singer Taiki (ex- FREEDOM, DIABOLIC ART) stepping forward to another unknown level. Like inviting us to another garden of unconsciousness...

(text by jacky crustwar)"
http://nostalgiablackrain.seesaa.net/
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:29pm
Although not really an album, Alcest's re-recorded version of their first EP The Secret is very good
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 8:11am
GG2U

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 6:29pm
I wonder how many 2011 reviews I've done... counting PA reviews, I must be over 100!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 6:31pm
I know that I've done exactly 50 reviews for albums that were 4+ stars... and most of my ratings are lower than that. I'm going to have to find out the exact number ASAP! LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 1:37am
I've had way more positive reviews this year than I did last year. That may have something to do with the fact I'm writing more this year though but last year only two albums made into 5 star territory for me. This year I have seven and I still have the new DT, Opeth, Haken and Anubis Gate releases to come. 
GG2U

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 12:46pm
I've reviewed 50 total albums, so I need to get my butt moving on reviews Tongue

Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

I've reviewed 50 total albums, so I need to get my butt moving on reviews Tongue

You're in better shape than me.  I only have 34.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 6:29pm
^ ^ n00bs Tongue (I kid, of course) Wink
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 6:58am
I wanted to ask some of you guys about all the reviews you have done for 2011 releases. Now, you can tell me to go to hell as it's really none of my business but I'm curious how some of you guys have so many releases from this year. Do the artists send you CD promo copies? Send you digital files? All in exchange for a review of an album? Or do you purchase the music, either it be on CD or digitally? Or maybe free downloads from the artist's website, myspace, facebook, etc? I've noticed some members have done many reviews (a dozen or more) on a weekly basis, of course some of them older releases. A small fortune if one is buying CD's.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

^ ^ n00bs Tongue (I kid, of course) Wink

TongueAs you know I have a crap load of promos to review I just haven't listened to most of them yet Embarrassed

Oh and on a side note Deconstruction is awesome!! Definitely one of my top albums now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
  Share Topic