MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biggest Lost/Worst Decision (Metal Gigs)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilgannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biggest Lost/Worst Decision (Metal Gigs)
    Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 2:53am
To explain, what's everyone's biggest loss (i.e. band that they missed the tour for) or worst decision (band you've seen live but were disappointed with after?

Mine would be biggest loss, got a ticket for the Eastpak Antidote Tour 2009, hoping to see The Fall of Troy, who of course then pulled out to focus on their new album and didn't return to the UK before they disbanded Unhappy.

So what's everyone else's bad experience(s)?
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 3:00am
Beardfish was supposed to be on PN '09 but got replaced with Bigelf
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 3:52am
I haven�t seen Iron Maiden live yet. It just never seems to work out for me when they come to Denmark.
I haven�t seen Nevermore either, which is a band I would very much like to see live.

Gojira left me extremely disappointed when I saw them a few years back.

Other than that I�ve seen most of the band�s that I like to see. There are always some you�ll miss but I�m pretty much content.

That reminds me that we should create a thread where people could list the artists they�ve seen throughout the years.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 8:50am
The closest thing I could think of was going to Gigantour in 2005, and Dillinger Escape Plan pulled out of their remaining dates due to an injury to Ben Weinman.  Instead, I think Symphony X played a bit longer since Toronto was their last gig on the tour, but I don't really care for them.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 9:33am
I missed Opeth in Warsaw a few years ago and I'm still angry at myself because of that. A year later I missed Meshuggah in Krak�w because the date didn't suit meUnhappy

I went to Metal Hammer Festival last year to finally see Opeth, Katatonia and Riverside but the acoustics was terrible, I was really disappointed. The guys played great though.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 11:21am
When the anniversary shows for Opeth were announced early in 2010, I waited for one day to check if there are no impediments in seeing them, and when I came back to the ticketing sites, they were sold out. Ouch
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 11:53am
Missing out on Blind Guardian on the most recent UK gig due to restarting university the very next day. Given the distance to travel, attending the gig was impossible. :(
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 12:25pm
Last summer I wanted to find some Rush tickets for a concert at Mohegan Sun, Connecticut, but they were all WAAAY too expensive, probably because it was also too late. Huge bummer for me. Cry

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I haven�t seen Nevermore either, which is a band I would very much like to see live.
 I'm seeing them live on March 7!! I'll tell you all about them!

My Album Reviews: http://audiopline.wordpress.com/
Movie Reviewing blog: http://moviepline.wordpress.com/
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

Last summer I wanted to find some Rush tickets for a concert at Mohegan Sun, Connecticut, but they were all WAAAY too expensive, probably because it was also too late. Huge bummer for me. Cry

Same thing happened to me, for the same show too Shocked
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 1:13pm
Missed seeing Dream Theater because I found out about the show 6 hours before it started Cry
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Phonebook Eater Phonebook Eater wrote:

I'm seeing them live on March 7!! I'll tell you all about them!

I saw Nevermore at the Gigantour gig I mentioned above.  It sucked that they only played 4 songs.  I was heavily into them at the time. Unhappy
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

Missed seeing Dream Theater because I found out about the show 6 hours before it started Cry

I saw Dream Theater on the Awake tour which was a really great experience, but then I went to see them on the Falling...tour and I was very disappointed. They seemed tired and Labrie�s voice sounded like shit. He screamed more than he sang. I haven�t bothered to see them since. Actually my dedicated Dream Theater fanboy days were over after that concert. And they were Gods in my eyes back then. Now I�m more of a casual fan. You know! The kind that picks the albums up when he gets the chance to get them cheap and doesn�t have to purchase them the day they come out.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 3:22pm
^Well those sound like the tours directly before and after Labrie damaged his voice from food poisoning. Personally, I still don't think he's recovered and he puts unnecessary vibrato on a lot of his singing when live. Shame that he has to be the weak link in a group of such strong musicians.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:40pm
There was a small chance last year for me to see both Dream Theater and Iron Maiden but it was in New York, the seats were expensive, and very, very far from stage.Cry

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 9:25pm
Loss, not going to see Behemoth and Dimmu when they came, (cant remember the year)

Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

worst decision: going to see PN 09.. dream theater played for like 2 hours, after zappa plays zappa had been playingfor 2 hours 
too much DT, too much zappa. 

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

Loss, not going to see Behemoth and Dimmu when they came, (cant remember the year)

worst decision: going to see PN 09.. dream theater played for like 2 hours, after zappa plays zappa had been playingfor 2 hours 

Bigelf were sweet though.  Way better, IMO, than they sound on their albums (which aren't all that good)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 12:15am

Oh man I can never get enough ZappaSmile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:57am

Oh man I can never get enough ZappaSmile

Never can have to much DT either Wink
martindavey87 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 10:51am
I never went to see my two favourite bands of all time when they toured together! :(

Dream Theater and Symphony X on the Chaos in Motion tour back in 2007.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic