MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSUGGEST: Sleep Siren

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUGGEST: Sleep Siren
    Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 10:42pm
Hello, my name is Jon Snead, and I am the singer/writer/composer for the prog metal group "Sleep Siren." As per the request of UMUR, we humbly submit our candidacy to be submitted to the metal archives. Here are some places to find us:

http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/sleep-siren
http://myspace.com/sleepsirenmusic
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleep-Siren/129168781605?ref=ts

Here is our BIO:

-Sleep Siren-

GENRE:

Experimental Progressive Metal

MEMBERS:

Jesse Leath - Bass, Vocals,
Jesse Frizzell - Drums
Bryan Blackwater - Lead and Rhythm Guitar
Steven Gilliland - Lead and Rhythm Guitar
Jon Snead - Vocals, Keyboards, Synth, Didgeridoo, Auxiliary Percussion

LABEL: Sound The Siren Productions

DISCOGRAPHY:

(2009) - The Alice E.P. (Desert Sound Syndicate)

The groups' first effort is titled "The Alice E.P." and is a four song concept album. The albums dynamics are comprised of several acoustic based scores, and a couple of songs with a progressive metal foundation. The lyrics express woe and discontent with the state of world affairs today, and are aimed at issues such as child abandonment, greed, politics, and military power.

TRACKLIST:
1. Hey Alice - 3:48
2. Collapse The Rabbit Hole - 5:49
3. The Queen Of Hearts - 5:01
4. Virus - 4:15

(2010) - A Progressive Journey (Melodic Revolution Records.)

The single "August Failed" is featured on this progressive compilation by Melodic Revolution Records, as a fundraiser to keep "Power Of Prog," an educational progressive band community, functioning as a useful online reference.

(2011) - A World In Coma (Sound The Siren Productions)

The bands first full-length album with eight songs, most of which are over six to almost nine minutes long, Including a new mix of "August Failed." This album is much faster and heavier paced than their debut E.P., and is quite a bit darker in content. The group narrows down to topics based on individual accounts of war, drugs, drinking, hollow romance, and corporate schemes. "A World In Coma" features guest musicians and writers, which helped bring the
project to life.

TRACKLIST:
1. August Failed - 8:31
2. Myopic - 5:20
3. Marching Towards Tomorrow - 5:47
4. A Sea Divides Us - 8:12
5. Confessor - 4:39
6. Temporary Friends - 6:26
7. Eighth Deadly Sin - 7:22
8. Trees - 8:27

BIO:

Formed in the conflagration of 15 years of writing original music to share with other bands, Jon Snead began composing his own sound that would become Sleep Siren. In the spring of 2009, Snead approached former bandmate and long time friend, Jesse Frizzell, about composing drums to go along with the bass, guitars, and
vocals he had written for "The Alice E.P." After minimal coercion, Frizzell agreed, and the two approached Steven Gilliland, A Pro-Tools engineer and guitarist, about having him record and mix. Upon hearing the original music, Gilliland asked to join, and began recording the guitar on the album himself. As the album neared finishing production, Gilliland invited longtime friend, Bryan Blackwater, into the fold as an additional guitarist. In the winter of 2010, Sleep Siren went from a studio band, to a capable live band with the acquisition of Jesse Leath, who had also been in an earlier band with Snead, as Sleep Siren's bassist. The album "A World In Coma" would be the group's first release as a band.

The entire band produces all music, artwork, and promotion "in-house," creating everything from scratch to a finished product. The group is registered through B.M.I., and is currently registered as an A&R artist through Roadrunner Records. The group can be heard around the world on online, college, and privately owned radio stations. Places to find Sleep Siren include: Myspace, Facebook, Reverb Nation, Last.Fm, Cd Baby, Itunes, Napster, Amazon, and Power Of Prog, etc.The band is still in the initial phases of prepping for live shows, but plans to announce performances once scheduled.

The band's sound ranges in genres as well as dynamics. Influences of thrash and speed metal, blues, pop, classical, and country can be found throughout their work. The overall sound ranges from a light, ghostly ambience, to heavy pulsating rhythms, explosive leads, melancholic mood changes, and bi-polar timing signatures.

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 10:52pm
Sounds pretty good to me Thumbs Up

Someone from the prog metal team should be getting back to you pretty shortly, but I'm pretty sure you'll get added
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 2:08am
Thanks Jon, that�s a lot of valuable information. I found this cover picture for the Alice EP:
Art to coincide with, The Alice E.P.Model RebeccaPhoto and Editing Mike Ullo
But I haven�t been able to find a good cover pic for the new album or the August Failed single. Are you able to provide an even sized ( between 200x200 and 500x500) cover pic of the album and the single?
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 8:11am
Will check, thanks.
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 8:19am
You've got some cool stuff up. I'm in the process of adding them now. Can an admin lock this thread?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 8:19am
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

You've got some cool stuff up. I'm in the process of adding them now. Can an admin lock this thread?

Thanks, Andy. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic