MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Paranormal & Other Scary Stories Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Paranormal & Other Scary Stories Thread

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Avatar
Black and Death Metal Teams

Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 1763
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Paranormal & Other Scary Stories Thread
    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 3:25pm
Seeing as it's Halloween tonight, I felt it the perfect time to bring this topic up. Anyone here believe in the paranormal? Ever had an experience?

I'm personally skeptical but intrigued by the possibility.

Edit: I've broadened this to a topic where any kind of scary/freaky story can be told, whether you believe it paranormal or not.


Edited by TheHeavyMetalCat - 13 Mar 2019 at 12:18pm
Back to Top
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Sludge, MC&HC Teams

Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Bolton, Lancs
Status: Offline
Points: 19859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 4:38pm
Risking the chance of being called a nutter, I can think of three clear experiences that on my life are true.

Back in 1989 (probably before you were born) I was living and working in London. I hadn't been down long and it's a big lonely city for a newby. I was befriended by a young lad called Wayne, who took me under his wing. On a train travelling back to the suburbs from town a clear voice (my own voice) in my head told me that Wayne would die that night. At first I thought it was just the usual bizarre wanderings we all have at times, but the thought / voice wouldn't go away (I don't generally hear voices, honest Wink). I was about 10pm, the same time I found out when I got into work the next day that Wayne had wrapped his car around a lamp-post. Wayne and his friends didn't make it.

Some years later my dad was in a hospice. He had terminal cancer and the end wasn't far off. I had myself signed off work and stayed with him at the hospice. I had a wife and two young kids at the time and after a week my dad told me it was time for me to go home. I told him I'd go home when he did. One night he was having a bad time, hallucinating. I was trying to sleep on a recliner chair next to his bed. I remember snapping at him, as I was knackered and over-tired. I still feel guilty for doing that. He quietened down. I was in a deep sleep when someone firmly shook me awake, repeatedly calling my name. As I came to my old man said again, "it's time to go home now, son". I leapt up as he should have been too weak at that point to shake me awake. He couldn't even get out of bed. I looked across and could tell he was gone. I went and held his hand and he was still warm. He can't have passed away more than a few minutes earlier.

The third tale is somewhat less personal. I had an uncle who lived in a modern semi-detatched bungalow in the suburbs  where all sorts of "happenings" had apparently been going on. He'd even resorted to an exorcism apparently, conducted by two priests together - one Roman Catholic and one Anglican. They said it was demonic. I visited him on a break for University, partly because I was fond of the guy and partly out of morbid curiosity (I knew the tales from my mother). I had some lunch at his and we had a nice time. Didn't see or feel anything, which I was actually grateful for as I was scared shitless once I got there. Just before leaving I went to the bathroom upstairs. As I went to wash my hands I looked in the mirror. The room temperature had dropped sharply and a mist was forming behind me. I didn't wait around to wash my hands, but legged it downstairs. He managed to sell the house. I have no idea whether the same stuff is still going on.

I'm no preacherman, but Ashley, don't doubt that there's more to this world than you can see with your eyes. Happy Halloween! 
Back to Top
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 4325
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 4:42pm
Shocked

Love a good spooky story but nothing has ever happened to me though I remain open minded.
Back to Top
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2013
Location: PA, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 11375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 5:23pm
I personally do believe in the paranormal! I just find it hard to believe we stop existing at the moment of death. Then again I'm not a materialist. Let's just just say I have a hard time believing EVERY medium in the world is a fraud and that every account of the paranormal is faked!Wink
Back to Top
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 20857
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 5:55pm
Well something did happen in our kitchen earlier this year that I won't rule out poltergeist activity on, but I can't say for certain either and since I'm very sceptical about these things I'm pretty sure that there's a logical explanation. I may tell it another time anyway, when I'm less tired, but it seems rather mundane compared to what Chris wrote. I honestly feel bloody silly for even considering a paranormal explanation. 

I will tell a story that was relayed to me though. It's perhaps a bit more interesting. Since it's second hand, you should read it with a grain of salt and this was told to me a while ago so I may remember some details incorrectly and others not at all. What stands out for me with this story is that it happened to two of my relatives, who relayed this exact same story to me at different times, years apart, so either they were in cohorts about telling it or they really did both experience the same thing. The two relatives are two of my Aunts and the setting is an old cottage that has been the family home on Dad's side of the family for many years. It's not completely isolated but you have to go up the hill in either direction some way before you reach the neighbours, so it's a very quiet country location on a back road. Can be creepy at the best of times, especially at night. My Dad admits that he actually hates staying there overnight even now, the times when he looks after my Grandmother when my Aunt and Uncle are away. 

I should give you the layout of the house to help build the picture. It's a bit of a split level thing, with a kitchen running most of the length of the original build (the house was eventually extended) with a small entrance hallway. This is the back of the house. From the entrance there's a few steps going up and then you're in a middle room. The front entrance hallway connects that to the actual living room. 

This happened in the middle room. My two Aunts both described being together in that room by the fireplace, with the fire going, with no one else in there at the time. They both suddenly felt cold in spite of being right beside the fire and felt as if some sort of presence had entered the room from the kitchen direction. They described how it seemed like that cold presence then moved through that middle room and exited toward the living room. Then the heat returned. They saw nothing, only felt it. But both recalled looking straight at each other as if to say, 'did you feel that too?'

I was fairly young at the time when I first heard that story and always assumed that the first Aunt to tell it was winding me up. That was until the same story was brought up years later when I was an adult by the other Aunt, who lives in the States, when the whole family was sitting in that room and somehow the talk turned to the paranormal then as well. Not only did the first Aunt I heard it from re-affirm it, but no one else present gave any sign that this story was news to them.

If they made it up, then they've been stuck to the lie for a long time. I tend to believe them. And it makes me wonder what other stories about that cottage I've never heard relayed. 
Earn Money Online (NOT scams):
GG2U
Qmee
Back to Top
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Sludge, MC&HC Teams

Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Bolton, Lancs
Status: Offline
Points: 19859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 12:37am
Seems perfectly plausible and suitably creepy to me, Adam. And don’t dismiss your poltergeist experience. Many many people have experienced house activity. Most of it is mundane (not suggesting yours is- you’ve not told the story yet 😉) and it doesn’t have to be like a Hollywood horror flick.
Back to Top
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Avatar
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Joined: 03 Sep 2016
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 2:53am
I'm pretty skeptical too, but these experiences sure are spooky!
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Back to Top
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 20857
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Seems perfectly plausible and suitably creepy to me, Adam. And don’t dismiss your poltergeist experience. Many many people have experienced house activity. Most of it is mundane (not suggesting yours is- you’ve not told the story yet 😉) and it doesn’t have to be like a Hollywood horror flick.

I call it mundane because all it involves is a wooden cooking spoon of all things. It's also something I heard rather than saw. No actual floating objects or doors opening of their own accord here. But here goes. 

In our kitchen we have this fairly tall pot for keeping the cooking spoons and a few other utensils in. It sits right beside the cooker, so they're in easy reach when cooking. When placed inside one of these spoons has zero chance of just toppling out without help. 

One night I came downstairs to get a drink of water. My Dad was still up watching TV, so I left the light off in the kitchen (it tends to take a while to actually come on and I wasn't planning to be long) and just used the light from the living room. After getting my water I went to the back door to see if the cat was about and that's the point when I jumped out of my skin. Because something had clattered down loudly behind me. I must have cried out, though I don't remember doing so, because a second later I heard the TV mute and my Dad ask me what I'd done. He'd thought I'd dropped my glass of water or something. I hadn't and the noise had come from the other side of the room and there was definitely no one else in there at the time and as I've point out, the cat wasn't in. So it wasn't her. 

When I got the light on, I saw that one of those wooden spoons had fallen onto the worktop. Now rationally I think it must have been propped up against the pot we keep them in for some reason and that's why it fell, kind of like the way when DVD's or books stood upright will suddenly topple over. The thing is if it was that, I'd have thought the noise would have sounded more like something slipping, not the loud clatter I heard. It sounded more like it had been dropped from a height and that's why I jumped so badly. I was actually quite shook by the noise. It was just so unexpected and no matter how I try to explain it rationally, I can't. I even tried to balance the thing back in the pot without it going all the way in, but I couldn't manage it. It either slipped in straight away or fell straight back out. And it was never as loud as it seemed when it made me jump. Maybe that's because I was expecting it then, but how that spoon moved does still baffle me. It would be very unusual for anything not to be put away in our kitchen overnight. How did it get out of the pot? Why was it so loud?

Additionally when we open our cupboards things have a tendency to fall straight out. And it's usually heavy stuff like tins or sauce bottles. I can put this down to them being put in there too near the edge or balanced poorly, but I've personally had quite a few near misses when opening those cupboards and like with the spoon, I'd have thought if something was going to fall, it would fall when we first put it in there. There's no reason why stuff should fall out only as the door is opened. We never hear any bangs from the kitchen as if something has toppled over inside the cupboard. 

Finally, one night the kitchen light came on of its own accord. Light switch in the on position and everything. Everyone in the house accounted for. That was the last incident and touch wood nothing has happened since then. 

It could be all coincidence and since I didn't see the original spoon incident I can't say for certain that the spoon was indeed in the pot and not somewhere else. I never saw or heard anything that would 100% convince me that something paranormal happened here, but for some reason I think if it was, that it was over, as if that light switching on on its own was like something saying farewell, because as I said absolutely nothing has happened since. But that's probably just my imagination wandering. 


Edited by adg211288 - 01 Nov 2018 at 9:01am
Earn Money Online (NOT scams):
GG2U
Qmee
Back to Top
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Sludge, MC&HC Teams

Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Bolton, Lancs
Status: Offline
Points: 19859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 8:53am
Could be your imagination but I’m sold on the poltergeist. No reason it shouldn’t be. It’s supposed to be pretty common.
Back to Top
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 20857
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:19am
I've actually seen some videos on YouTbe of supposed poltergeist activity and a lot more severe stuff has happened that hasn't been proven to be a hoax. I am actually quite interested in the paranormal and other mysteries like UFO's and cryptids so I often find myself watching videos like that just to see if there's anything that might be believable. It rarely is of course, but there are some good hoaxes at least. The only thing that gets me with any of these videos is why no one with a decent camera ever sees anything. LOL

A lot of supposed pictures of ghosts, aliens or anything else out of the ordinary to me just looks like a case of pareidolia.
Earn Money Online (NOT scams):
GG2U
Qmee
Back to Top
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Sludge, MC&HC Teams

Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Bolton, Lancs
Status: Offline
Points: 19859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 9:26am
Yep, those pesky tree branches can certainly look like a cryptid in half-light. There’s some good debate on the Fortean Times website although they may now have folded due to the hosting company complaining about the amount of resources they use.
Back to Top
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Avatar
Black and Death Metal Teams

Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 1763
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 12:59pm
Thanks for sharing the stories guys.

Is it weird that I'd actually love to have a paranormal experience?
Back to Top
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 4325
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 1:33pm
^ No, I wouldn't mind either, as long as it's not in my house! I've always fancied going on one of these haunted hotel weekends.

Edited by Nightfly - 02 Nov 2018 at 1:33pm
Back to Top
MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Avatar
Errors & Omissions Team

Joined: 27 May 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 6:06pm

This isn't really a paranormal story, but I guess it is kinda on the peripheral of it. Just to be clear, I've never seen one thing in my life that would cause me to believe I'd seen hard evidence in the paranormal. This is a story, which still freaks me out to some extent, about others who apparently believed. Bear with me.

This happened when I was a teen. I'd been dating this girl for a few weeks at the time. For a bit of context, she had a busy house; parents, multiple siblings and my place wasn't much better. Not a lot of 'alone' time if you know what I mean. Wink So one day, she suggests the two of us go up some local woods. They aren't actually public woods, but as far as either of us knew no one was going to actually stop us from going there and I'd actually been there quite a few times in the past with friends. Me, being typical teen male that I was, was convinced I was about to get lucky or at the very least make out with her without the constant threat of disturbance.

It's my business about what did or did not go on with the girl, I won't confirm or deny anything, so let's fast forward a bit. We went up to those woods after lunchtime and we stayed up there longer than we intended, so the sun was going down before we'd left them. As I said, I'd been to the woods several times before, but not being public woods there are no well trodden paths up there. Basically, it's easy to get turned around and that's exactly what happened. We were still up there after dark.

We had phones of course, but mobiles were still quite basic at the time, so nothing that could provide a light. We could have called someone, but honestly there wasn't much anyone could have done except launch a search party. If we knew exactly where we were in the woods we wouldn't have had such a problem. And we were both reluctant to call for help, unsure if we could get done for trespassing.

Luckily it was a clear night so even under the tree canopy it wasn't pitch blank. Still, seeing wasn't exactly easy. My girlfriend is jumping at every noise by this point and I'm not exactly happy either, but I'm trying to be the big man to impress her. We soldier on, using the plan that if we keep going in a straight line we have to reach the edge of the woods at some point and hopefully get our bearings from there.

Picture about an hour of this. That's when we see it. Light. It's not a torch or anything electrical though, it's the light that comes from a campfire. Now, in hindsight this could have gone a number of different ways, some of them okay but a lot of them bad, but I'd camped in these woods myself with mates before that night so at first I thought we'd caught a lucky break. We kept moving forward, but that's when we heard it. The chanting. The fucking chanting. Let me tell you we both really wished we'd called someone earlier. We didn't understand the words, but we sure as hell weren't imagining them. Someone is chanting by that fire. Not just one someone either, we were sure we could pick out at least three voices now that we were a bit closer.

My girlfriend is proper freaking out by this point and I actually had to shush her for fear of being heard. Something told me that lost or not we didn't want to approach these people for help. Something felt really off with the way they were chanting into the flames. It wasn't fucking normal. I told my girlfriend to creep forward as quietly as she could so we could try to skirt around their camp, hoping that their chanting would actually be what hid our presence from them. I was really unwilling to just change direction at this point, as I was sure we had to reach the wood's edge soo given how long we'd been walking.

As we drew closer, I was able to see the people a bit by the fire. They were all sitting cross-legged on the ground, their arms raised into the air as they chanted. I could see no faces. The closest one had their back to me and all wore hoods. I noticed by the firelight that there was something carved into the nearest trees to them. I can't be certain but I'm reasonably sure they were pentagrams. I sure as hell wasn't going up to get a closer look or ask. Or hang about. We kept moving, the chanting fading behind us with no sound of pursuit. Then we hear a scream. Luckily it didn't sound human, but animal. That we it for both of us. We fucking bolted.

Eventually we got out of the woods. We survived, and we never spoke or that encounter to ever other for as long as we dated (we broke up about two months later, for unrelated reasons). In spite of our earlier worry of trespassing, I couldn't in good conscious not alert the police so as soon as we were well away from the woods and back in town I made an anonymous call on a pay phone. We still had one of those, back then. Neither of us ever heard that anything become of it and no story appeared in the local paper. Honestly, I think the police probably took my call as a prank.

I eventually told some friends about what happened in those woods, who think I made it up, believing I was covering up striking out with the girl. This is the first time I've told it in years. Still remember it like it was only last night. I am 100% convinced we stumbled onto some kind of occult or even satanic ritual in those woods that night and I actually fear what might have happened to us if we'd been seen. I went to those woods again only one time after that (in daylight!) with mates, to try and prove what I saw by finding either fire remains or what I thought were pentagrams craved into the trees. I found neither. I certainly never took a girl up there ever again.

So yeah, not paranormal as such, no ghosts or ghouls here, but given what I'm sure was happening there that night it stands to my reasoning that those people believed in something. Exactly what I'm still not sure to this day. I certainly never want to meet those people ever again.

Back to Top
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Avatar
Prog/AG Team

Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Location: SF, CA, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 2603
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 6:54pm
Missed this post. Definately. I KNOW there are other dimensions. Have had ghosts flicking objects around the room randomly, have had clairvoyant dreams, have had others recite verbatum conversations i had days before who i didn't know and other events. We can only perceive a sliver of visible light in an infiniate energy wavelength range from gamma to infared so it goes without saying that what we can perceive is minute. 
Back to Top
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Joined: 29 Dec 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 3985
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by MorniumGoatahl MorniumGoatahl wrote:

This isn't really a paranormal story, but I guess it is kinda on the peripheral of it. Just to be clear, I've never seen one thing in my life that would cause me to believe I'd seen hard evidence in the paranormal. This is a story, which still freaks me out to some extent, about others who apparently believed. Bear with me.

This happened when I was a teen. I'd been dating this girl for a few weeks at the time. For a bit of context, she had a busy house; parents, multiple siblings and my place wasn't much better. Not a lot of 'alone' time if you know what I mean. Wink So one day, she suggests the two of us go up some local woods. They aren't actually public woods, but as far as either of us knew no one was going to actually stop us from going there and I'd actually been there quite a few times in the past with friends. Me, being typical teen male that I was, was convinced I was about to get lucky or at the very least make out with her without the constant threat of disturbance.

It's my business about what did or did not go on with the girl, I won't confirm or deny anything, so let's fast forward a bit. We went up to those woods after lunchtime and we stayed up there longer than we intended, so the sun was going down before we'd left them. As I said, I'd been to the woods several times before, but not being public woods there are no well trodden paths up there. Basically, it's easy to get turned around and that's exactly what happened. We were still up there after dark.

We had phones of course, but mobiles were still quite basic at the time, so nothing that could provide a light. We could have called someone, but honestly there wasn't much anyone could have done except launch a search party. If we knew exactly where we were in the woods we wouldn't have had such a problem. And we were both reluctant to call for help, unsure if we could get done for trespassing.

Luckily it was a clear night so even under the tree canopy it wasn't pitch blank. Still, seeing wasn't exactly easy. My girlfriend is jumping at every noise by this point and I'm not exactly happy either, but I'm trying to be the big man to impress her. We soldier on, using the plan that if we keep going in a straight line we have to reach the edge of the woods at some point and hopefully get our bearings from there.

Picture about an hour of this. That's when we see it. Light. It's not a torch or anything electrical though, it's the light that comes from a campfire. Now, in hindsight this could have gone a number of different ways, some of them okay but a lot of them bad, but I'd camped in these woods myself with mates before that night so at first I thought we'd caught a lucky break. We kept moving forward, but that's when we heard it. The chanting. The fucking chanting. Let me tell you we both really wished we'd called someone earlier. We didn't understand the words, but we sure as hell weren't imagining them. Someone is chanting by that fire. Not just one someone either, we were sure we could pick out at least three voices now that we were a bit closer.

My girlfriend is proper freaking out by this point and I actually had to shush her for fear of being heard. Something told me that lost or not we didn't want to approach these people for help. Something felt really off with the way they were chanting into the flames. It wasn't fucking normal. I told my girlfriend to creep forward as quietly as she could so we could try to skirt around their camp, hoping that their chanting would actually be what hid our presence from them. I was really unwilling to just change direction at this point, as I was sure we had to reach the wood's edge soo given how long we'd been walking.

As we drew closer, I was able to see the people a bit by the fire. They were all sitting cross-legged on the ground, their arms raised into the air as they chanted. I could see no faces. The closest one had their back to me and all wore hoods. I noticed by the firelight that there was something carved into the nearest trees to them. I can't be certain but I'm reasonably sure they were pentagrams. I sure as hell wasn't going up to get a closer look or ask. Or hang about. We kept moving, the chanting fading behind us with no sound of pursuit. Then we hear a scream. Luckily it didn't sound human, but animal. That we it for both of us. We fucking bolted.

Eventually we got out of the woods. We survived, and we never spoke or that encounter to ever other for as long as we dated (we broke up about two months later, for unrelated reasons). In spite of our earlier worry of trespassing, I couldn't in good conscious not alert the police so as soon as we were well away from the woods and back in town I made an anonymous call on a pay phone. We still had one of those, back then. Neither of us ever heard that anything become of it and no story appeared in the local paper. Honestly, I think the police probably took my call as a prank.

I eventually told some friends about what happened in those woods, who think I made it up, believing I was covering up striking out with the girl. This is the first time I've told it in years. Still remember it like it was only last night. I am 100% convinced we stumbled onto some kind of occult or even satanic ritual in those woods that night and I actually fear what might have happened to us if we'd been seen. I went to those woods again only one time after that (in daylight!) with mates, to try and prove what I saw by finding either fire remains or what I thought were pentagrams craved into the trees. I found neither. I certainly never took a girl up there ever again.

So yeah, not paranormal as such, no ghosts or ghouls here, but given what I'm sure was happening there that night it stands to my reasoning that those people believed in something. Exactly what I'm still not sure to this day. I certainly never want to meet those people ever again.


That's pretty freaky Chris. There's some weird folks out there.

I also once had a scary forest encounter. Can't say if it was paranormal or not, but it goes unexplained. Might tell it sometime, when I'm less tired. 
Back to Top
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Sludge, MC&HC Teams

Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Bolton, Lancs
Status: Offline
Points: 19859
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:15am
Super little tale. Gave me goosebumps. All sorts of strange shit happens out there in the world. I'm glad you didn't ask them for directions ;-)
Back to Top
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Avatar
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 20857
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:08am
I've heard stories of people encountering cults in the woods/middle of nowhere before. You really just don't know what kind of stuff people are getting up to out there. 

Luckily the scariest thing that ever happened to me in the woods was a dog encounter...mind you I'm sure that dog was a demon. Can't remember how old I was exactly but I'm sure I was under ten at the time. My young mind probably made it seem more sinister than it was, but I remember that dog more vividly than anything else from that time of my childhood. I was sure at the time that that dog meant to kill me. 

Not really a story for a paranormal thread, unless you believe in demon dogs (which is a paranormal subject, so maybe it does fit), but I may write it down later on. Trust me, I'm forgotten no details even after over twenty years. 
Earn Money Online (NOT scams):
GG2U
Qmee
Back to Top
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Avatar
Black and Death Metal Teams

Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 1763
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by MorniumGoatahl MorniumGoatahl wrote:

I am 100% convinced we stumbled onto some kind of occult or even satanic ritual in those woods that night and I actually fear what might have happened to us if we'd been seen.


Holy crap. And I always felt safe in the woods. You know I'm going to jumping at every sound the next time I take the dog up my local forest right?

Also I might broaden this thread to general scary stories/freaky encounters. Not fun at the time I'm sure, but they're an intriguing read.
Back to Top
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Avatar
Black and Death Metal Teams

Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 1763
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

I also once had a scary forest encounter. Can't say if it was paranormal or not, but it goes unexplained. Might tell it sometime, when I'm less tired. 


I'd like to read it.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.148 seconds.