Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Paranormal & Other Scary Stories Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I've heard stories of people encountering cults in the woods/middle of nowhere before. You really just don't know what kind of stuff people are getting up to out there. 

Luckily the scariest thing that ever happened to me in the woods was a dog encounter...mind you I'm sure that dog was a demon. Can't remember how old I was exactly but I'm sure I was under ten at the time. My young mind probably made it seem more sinister than it was, but I remember that dog more vividly than anything else from that time of my childhood. I was sure at the time that that dog meant to kill me. 

Not really a story for a paranormal thread, unless you believe in demon dogs (which is a paranormal subject, so maybe it does fit), but I may write it down later on. Trust me, I'm forgotten no details even after over twenty years. 

I did just broaden the scope of this topic regardless, but demon dogs (or hellhounds) certainly have a lot of legends around them. Especially in English folklore.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:00pm

Well my rational mind tells me that this was an ordinary dog and every time I'm reminded of this incident I always try to tell myself that I was never in any real danger, but bearing in mind my age at the time, this may just be the most terrifying thing I've experienced. My possible poltergeist experience that I told previously doesn't even come close.

But in starting to write this down, I have realised that my memory of events does give a certain malevolence to this dog. How accurate that is I can't fairly say; it's a child's memory, with a child's logic of things. Anyway since Ashley mentions England's folklore of demon dogs, here's an artist's impression of one of them. This is supposed to be Black Shuck.

And this is the kind of dog in my story. No glowing eyes to report, but trust me, this dog didn't need them!

It's probably worth noting that when this happened I had heard no stories of demon dogs or of Black Shuck in particular, so those stories could have had no bearing on how my young mind perceived this event.

Okay, so the story: my grandparents had a cottage in the countryside between my hometown and the next village. They owned a pair of dogs, whose names were Megan and Muffin. Megan was a German Shepard, same breed as the dog this story is about but with a different colouring – that's exactly how I know for certain what the breed of this beast was. Muffin was a golden Labrador. When my grandparents went away on holiday or just away for the day, they would call upon my mother to take the dogs out for their walk. This particular day I don't actually recall if it was on a weekend or if it was during a school holiday, but I was with her to walk those dogs. Being in the countryside there's a lot of fields and stretches of woodland where public footpaths run and this is where we always took the dogs when the ground wasn't muddy, as it wasn't that day. It was a walk we'd been on either on our own or with my grandparents many times.

Things took a turn that my young mind didn't like right away. There's an open field next to the back road that the cottage is down that marks the start of the footpath. As we set on from the cottage I immediately noticed that there were two other people with a black German Shepard on the other side of the field. Seeing other people out there isn't that unusual as my grandparents home isn't the only place down that road, it's one of several. But these people I did not know. Same goes for their dog. Now if that day had proceeded in a normal manner, that would have been the end of it there and then as these people were walking in the opposite direction from where we were going, toward the exit to the road at the top end of that first field.

But that dog stopped walking and just stood staring at us. Even at that age I normally didn't feel threatened by dogs, especially not at that distance, but that black dog made me uneasy with the way it seemed to be looking at me. Its not a feeling I'm ever going to forget, especially with what happened later on.

We continued our walk, passing through several fields and patches of woodland. The uneasy feeling never left me. I kept looking back every couple of minutes to make sure that dog wasn't following us. If you'd asked me then, I'd have said it wasn't.

We came to a bridge across a stream that runs along these fields and woods. My mother went across first, with me and the dogs behind her. I'd actually started to feel a bit happier about being away from that dog, then I heard it. Thundering footsteps, coming fast on the wooden boards of the bridge. I spun around and I admit it, I screamed in terror. Because that black dog was suddenly there, right behind me, even though I had been checking for it for the good fifteen to twenty minutes it takes to get along that footpath and it hasn't appeared to be there, but now it is. And it is charging me. And the people who were with it earlier on, it's owners (I presumed)? Where were they? Seriously, fuck knows. They certainly weren't there with it at that point.

Megan and Muffin leapt into action at my scream, having somehow not known about the other dog's presence (which is weird for dogs, I'd have thought they'd pick up its scent if it was that close, but they showed no signs of being disturbed until I screamed - they hadn't even barked at it earlier on when it had been out in the open) any more than I did. They attacked this dog and saw it off. And there was still no sign of its apparent owners. A dog fight makes a lot of noise and there was not one sound of other people calling their dog, as you'd think their would be if your dog was running loose and the sound of scrap was heard. This has always stuck in my mind that the black dog was very far away from it's owners at that point and given that I had been looking for it and not seeing it and how quickly it was suddenly there, I also firmly believe it was stalking me. Or at least Megan and Muffin, but I was and am still sure it was me.

I firmly believe that those two dogs, now both deceased, saved my life that day. My mother has always told me starting from that afternoon onward that I overreacted to the dog's presence and that is was probably only being friendly, but I don't think that dog was friendly for an instant and am sure she only said that to try to get me to calm down, downplaying the encounter. I was scared for the rest of the day and reluctant to walk that path again for a long time. I never saw those people or that dog again, for which I was very glad.  

Edited by adg211288 - 13 Mar 2019 at 5:45pm
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 2:06am
That dog took a serious dislike to you 😁 Seriously though, that must have been terrifying. I’m not surprised that the memory has stayed with you. Scary shit.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:12pm
If it hadn't been for my grandparent's dogs being there to defend me I actually shudder to think what might have happened. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

I also once had a scary forest encounter. Can't say if it was paranormal or not, but it goes unexplained. Might tell it sometime, when I'm less tired. 

I'd like to read it.

I've tried writing it down a couple of times now, but I always feel silly reading it back to myself. 

I do have one tale that I could share more easily. I do not believe this to be paranormal and it is not something I felt threatened by (wary, yes, but not actually threatened) but it is a forest encounter (different one to the story I'm finding hard to put into words) that I think fair to file under weird and creepy. 

So there's these woods near where I live. They're public and full of well worn footpaths. Anyone who has ever been to the woods will already have an image in their mind. It's a popular place for families, joggers and dog-walkers alike. I must have been to those woods dozens of times, many times on my own. One day I'm walking along my usual rote when I suddenly hear the sound of a harmonica being played. It was a such tune, I remember thinking. I didn't really think much of this at first other than wondering if I'd wandered into a folk tale, because in my experience us modern Brits don't go around the woods playing harmonica. 

At first I couldn't locate the source of the music. The trees in this wood aren't very thick, so you can look around and see quite a way. There was no one else on the path in front or behind me. Eventually I saw a figure sitting on a log a way off the path amongst the trees. Going off the path is not actually allowed in the wood, but I'm not the kind of busy-body person to make a deal out of enforcing someone else's rules. It's not my business. And anyway, this figure, which I honestly couldn't tell if it was a man or woman, did creep me out a bit. They were sat on the log, really hunched over playing the harmonica. They were wearing what looked to be a ragged looking black coat, with the hood up. The coat was odd because it was summer and a really hot day at that. Now I was brought up to not judge people by what they look like or what they wear, but my mind was saying homeless person and that honestly made me wary. Remember that I'm a woman alone in the woods with no one else around. 

The figure hasn't seemed to see me at first but as I stand still watching, they suddenly seem to become aware of me and stop playing. I watch as they turn to look at me. I say look, but I honestly can't see any facial details under that hood, even though it's the middle of the afternoon. We stare at each other. I raise my hand, trying to apologize for disturbing them but before I can speak, they run deeper into the trees with no regard for the paths and I quickly lose sight of them. 

I finish my walk undisturbed, except for one thing. As I am approaching the edge of the forest, I find a harmonica on the path. Coincidence? I don't know who that person was and I have never seen them again and I actually felt rather sad that they lost their harmonica. I took it with me and placed it near the entrance to the wood, by the map sign. I have no idea if it was ever claimed by the person I saw or if someone else took it - it wasn't there when I next went to those woods. I asked other people I saw that day if they saw a figure like the one I had - not one had. 

What I do know is that this was a really bizarre experience for me. And while this person never did anything to threaten me, it did make me think more about what could happen to a person alone in the woods. That's partly why I have two dogs now (but more because dogs are awesome). 
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 3:54pm
^ I can see why that would unnerve you being on your own. Good to hear you have 2 dogs to keep you company on your walks now. Hope they're something bigger than a Yorkshire Terrier though. Wink
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 4:26pm
Well it creeped me out LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 6:47am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Seems perfectly plausible and suitably creepy to me, Adam. And don’t dismiss your poltergeist experience. Many many people have experienced house activity. Most of it is mundane (not suggesting yours is- you’ve not told the story yet 😉) and it doesn’t have to be like a Hollywood horror flick.

I call it mundane because all it involves is a wooden cooking spoon of all things. It's also something I heard rather than saw. No actual floating objects or doors opening of their own accord here. But here goes. 

In our kitchen we have this fairly tall pot for keeping the cooking spoons and a few other utensils in. It sits right beside the cooker, so they're in easy reach when cooking. When placed inside one of these spoons has zero chance of just toppling out without help. 

One night I came downstairs to get a drink of water. My Dad was still up watching TV, so I left the light off in the kitchen (it tends to take a while to actually come on and I wasn't planning to be long) and just used the light from the living room. After getting my water I went to the back door to see if the cat was about and that's the point when I jumped out of my skin. Because something had clattered down loudly behind me. I must have cried out, though I don't remember doing so, because a second later I heard the TV mute and my Dad ask me what I'd done. He'd thought I'd dropped my glass of water or something. I hadn't and the noise had come from the other side of the room and there was definitely no one else in there at the time and as I've point out, the cat wasn't in. So it wasn't her. 

When I got the light on, I saw that one of those wooden spoons had fallen onto the worktop. Now rationally I think it must have been propped up against the pot we keep them in for some reason and that's why it fell, kind of like the way when DVD's or books stood upright will suddenly topple over. The thing is if it was that, I'd have thought the noise would have sounded more like something slipping, not the loud clatter I heard. It sounded more like it had been dropped from a height and that's why I jumped so badly. I was actually quite shook by the noise. It was just so unexpected and no matter how I try to explain it rationally, I can't. I even tried to balance the thing back in the pot without it going all the way in, but I couldn't manage it. It either slipped in straight away or fell straight back out. And it was never as loud as it seemed when it made me jump. Maybe that's because I was expecting it then, but how that spoon moved does still baffle me. It would be very unusual for anything not to be put away in our kitchen overnight. How did it get out of the pot? Why was it so loud?

Additionally when we open our cupboards things have a tendency to fall straight out. And it's usually heavy stuff like tins or sauce bottles. I can put this down to them being put in there too near the edge or balanced poorly, but I've personally had quite a few near misses when opening those cupboards and like with the spoon, I'd have thought if something was going to fall, it would fall when we first put it in there. There's no reason why stuff should fall out only as the door is opened. We never hear any bangs from the kitchen as if something has toppled over inside the cupboard. 

Finally, one night the kitchen light came on of its own accord. Light switch in the on position and everything. Everyone in the house accounted for. That was the last incident and touch wood nothing has happened since then. 

It could be all coincidence and since I didn't see the original spoon incident I can't say for certain that the spoon was indeed in the pot and not somewhere else. I never saw or heard anything that would 100% convince me that something paranormal happened here, but for some reason I think if it was, that it was over, as if that light switching on on its own was like something saying farewell, because as I said absolutely nothing has happened since. But that's probably just my imagination wandering. 

So, this story now continues. 

I haven't experienced anything in my house for a long time now that would make me consider the paranormal as a valid option. I'm still a sceptic, but I really can't explain this one once again. The activity has now moved to the living room, adjacent to the kitchen.

This time, a whole table fell over onto it's side, smashing a pottery bowl sat on top of it, seemingly all of its own accord. 

Now I'm not talking about some folding table that might legitimately collapse if the support leg wasn't positioned correctly, but a solid table with no movable parts. Admittedly it is a three-legged round table which isn't the most stable if knocked in any way and again admittedly I myself had just walked past it at the time of this incident, but I will swear on my life that I did not knock that table as I passed it in any way and even if I had, the way it fell over does not actually add up if we conclude that was what happened. Had I knocked it, logically the table would have fallen away from me, where it would have hit the wall it stands beside. It didn't. It fell straight on it's side completely the other way, landing where a second before I had been standing. The pottery bowl on top of it shattering into over half a dozen large pieces and many smaller ones on the impact, it's contents flying out away from the wreckage. 

Much like the wooden kitchen spoon of my earlier experience, it landed with such force that I don't think a simple knock as I passed (which again I swear didn't happen on account of my feeling nothing to suggest I physically made contact with it) should at most have rocked it a little. It's not like I live in a bouncy castle where it could have rebounded off the wall and crashed down with more force than it started with. It was like someone or something pushed it from the other side of where I was. And once again I jumped out of my skin at the disturbance and then stood absolutely dumbfounded by what had happened. 

Make of this one what you will. As for me I'm pretty freaked out. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:19am
"I'm still a sceptic"

Sounds like maybe you need to rethink your world-view, Adam? Wink
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:08am
Perhaps. But nothing has happened yet where a logically explanation can't be ruled out 100%. I might have knocked this table over myself and not felt anything although I certainly can't explain why it went over with such force. Or the direction it went, since it's like it was pushed from between it and the wall. The legs are admittedly somewhat flimsy due to age but there were no doors or windows open at that time of the morning, just coming down for breakfast (I'd just passed it and was half way to the kitchen when I heard the crash), to account for a sudden gust of strong wind coming indoors and toppling it (it's right by our French doors so in other circumstances that would be a possible explanation). And even if that was the case the bowl that broke was reasonable heavy and full of those small cheap previous stones you can buy it gift shops and should have weighted it down.

The table survived the fall intact by the way, so I think we can rule out any kind of structural weakness on its part. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:33pm
Very strange. A possible answer? Maybe you knocked it away from you, it then rolled back on it's legs towards the direction you were in and then fell over. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Very strange. A possible answer? Maybe you knocked it away from you, it then rolled back on it's legs towards the direction you were in and then fell over. 

That's certainly a possibility I had considered Paul. The only problems with this theory are

A) I physically felt nothing to suggest I had made any kind of contact with the table - certainly not enough to send it moving with level of force. I walked past it at a normal speed and certainly did not trip on one of the legs by walking too close. There was also nothing else I could have touched that could in turn have affected the table in such a way. 

B) To rock it the other direction enough for it to rock back and over to the floor I think would be physically possible with this table's design, but would surely have required contact from me with at least a reasonable force and I honestly think if I had done so it would have hit the wall first rather than seeming to go straight over onto it's side away from the wall. It is positioned very close to the wall and I just don't see how it would have enough room to rock like that before going over. 

I just think I would have been aware of it if I had someone knocked it myself on the way past, though I admit my mind may not be going to the paranormal if this were the first such event, but it isn't. Last time with the spoon in the kitchen I was on the other side of the room. Confused
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:52pm
Hmmm, yes, probably an unlikely explanation then. If anything else happens you may need to call in Ghostbusters. Wink
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 4:17pm
So here's a new short one. This happened this afternoon while walking around my town. Not paranormal but anyone who's seen any 'doll' horror movie like Annabelle will find it creepy.

So in my town there's this old site where a factory was knocked down some years ago. It's recently started to have work done on it. There is fencing all around it. On this fence, someone has hung a doll. I really do mean hung, by it's neck, like it's been executed. The creepiness doesn't end there. This doll was dirty as hell and one of it's eyes had been made to look blind. All milky looking, you know? Fucking messed up on all levels. A half blind dirty doll hung like it's in a noose. 

Didn't have a camera on me and I'm a dinosaur when it comes to phones so mine doesn't have one, otherwise I would have snapped a pic. 
GG2U

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:44pm
^ sounds creepy! Reminds me of this old mining town here in California called New Idria. It was literally abandoned over night and all the houses still have stuff in them. Someone left a creepy doll at the bus stop and it just looks at your with creepy piercing eyes. I've literally never seen anything like it. My curiosity took my down many many miles of bumpy dirt roads to get to the place. It was a wild ride worth the effort. Creeped out for a lifetime! LOL
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:56pm
Let's face it, dolls are fucking creepy at the best of times. 
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 8:20am
Nice to see this topic still getting posts. I enjoyed reading these stories again.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 8:23am
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

I also once had a scary forest encounter. Can't say if it was paranormal or not, but it goes unexplained. Might tell it sometime, when I'm less tired. 

I'd like to read it.

I'd still like to read this Nicole, if you feel up to writing and sharing it.

I also have a non-paranormal scary story to share myself, which happened to me over the summer just gone. I'll write it down sometime soon.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:42pm

Okay so here's the scary story that I said I'd share. This happened to me last summer. It is not paranormal but honestly sometimes I think a ghost may be preferable. This is the story of how I was stalked while walking home alone after dark.

Most of you regulars here are aware that I'm a female, but I will just confirm that for context for those that don't know of me. My Dad always cautioned me against walking home alone after dark just because I was a girl. He never did this with my (younger!) brother. I'm not a throw caution to the wind type of person, but I have always refused to go through life afraid of what if situations. Well one night last summer, I had an experience where I soon wished I'd heeded my Dad more.

I'd been invited to a party. It was a Friday night so no work the next day, so I stayed out late. I'd arrived at the party with another girl who was supposed to walk back with me and crash at my place, but she hooked up with a guy and that was the end of that plan. At that point it really wasn't a big deal for me. The party was in walking distance from my home and I'd walked home alone after dark plenty of times before and never felt unsafe. One of the guys at the party who I knew offered to drive me home as he was designated driver for a group and had a spare seat, but I foolishly declined, insisting I didn't have far to go. I really should have accepted that ride.

I'd say at a normal walking speed I should have got from the house the party was held at to mine in around a quarter of an hour. It was only after about five minutes of this time though that for some reason I suddenly looked around. That's when I saw him. At first I didn't think nothing of it: just a guy walking along the same path as me wearing a hoody. It was late by this point and getting cooler, so having his hoody up wasn't unusual. I thought nothing of it and carried on. A couple of minutes later I turned again, still not sure why, and he was still there. I was walking quite slow and he seemed to be intentionally keeping his distance from me at that time. After I turned a corner he turned as well. I turned again and so did he. At this point I was starting to get worried. I reached into my pocket for my phone to make a call, any call – the police, my parents, my then-boyfriend, any friend, but my phone wasn't there. I realised that I must have left it at the party house or worse lost it somewhere else. I'm not a typical young woman of my age group, I'm not constantly glued to my phone. I hadn't even missed it until I needed it.

So I tried a trick I read online to see if someone is following you. I doubled back on myself. Did a loop around some streets and ended up close to where I first saw the guy.

He followed me all the way.

I then realised that he must also now know that I was aware of him. At this point I was not just worried. I was frightened.

What would you do in such a situation? Try to keep your cool? Run and hope you're faster? Me, I just kept walking, then quickly ducked down a back alleyway that ran behind some houses. I knew he would follow me, but I also knew that there was this house with a shed that a small person (which luckily am I) could squeeze behind and hopefully not be seen from the path in the darkness, so I practically leapt over the fence and positioned myself there in the shadows. I could see where the path ran behind the fence, vaguely illuminated by lights from the houses on the other side, enough so that I could see his shape as he appeared along there.

He stopped. I knew he was looking for me. I am not a religious person but I was silently praying at that point that I was correct about him not being able to see me in my hiding place. Luckily, he instead picked up speed and continued down that alley. I think he must of assumed I got off the main street and had made a run for it. Trust me, that thought had also been in my mine as an option.

I still waited a good five to ten minutes behind that shed, then crept out. There was a light on in the house it belonged to, so I knocked on the door and explained to the owner what had happened. She was a kindly lady around my Mum's age who was shocked that something like that would happen in our town and called the police for me as well as my parents. My dad came to pick me up. He never said I told you so.

I told the police everything that had happened and what I am done to convince myself that the guy was following me and how I had hidden from him. They told me I was very lucky. Unfortunately they never caught the guy. How could they? I never saw a face. It scares me to think that that guy could be walking the streets of my town this very night. That I might walk past him in the daylight and not know it was him. And worse of all, the thing which frightens me the most, is the thought that maybe I know that guy. That he was at that same party I was that night and that maybe he'd seen me leave alone after refusing that ride. These are all the kind of thoughts that still spin through my head about that night every day. I have not stayed out late any night since.

To bring this back to the start and the original paranormal theme of this thread, I really would rather have seen a genuine ghost.

Edited by TheHeavyMetalCat - 24 Feb 2020 at 2:10pm
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 1:54pm
Ashley, that’s terrifying. I have a daughter probably your age who also walks everywhere on her own, despite my concerns. This scared the life out of me. Thank God you’re fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic