Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The General Film and TV Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 5:10am
Ah hell yeah, Netflix just added more Studio Ghibli films. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 1:10am
^ they are releasing them in three batches. You'll get more on April 1st.

Unfortunately, for some reason, Grave of the Fireflies is not to be included in the Netflix additions.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 7:34am
That's both good news and bad news. Grave of the Fireflies is one of the ones I most want to see. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

My latest Last 100 Movies Seen For the First Time List Challenge is now online if anyone fancies a go.

I started on List Challenges to promote MMA, but I've posted a lot more movie lists by this point. They get more users and since I have the MMA name as my username still, it does that little bit to put the name out there to be seen. The Metal Music Archives LC account is these days in the top 100 List Makers. I am aiming to try to get it into at least the top 50 one day. 

Our most used MMA themed list remains the Trad Heavy Metal challenge with 363 users and counting. 

A miserable 17 for me. There's quite a few there I really should have seen, especially some of the older ones.

Fortunately I can get back on Netflix tonight after not having it for 8 days due to my Virgin Tivo box having an error. Had them booked in today to come and repair it and it started working again by itself last night. Hopefully it won't go wrong again!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 7:04am
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:53am
Tom Hanks has Covid-19. Cry
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:48am
It was only a matter of time before a major celebrity contracted it. Hopefully he will be OK, his wife too who also has it. And anyone else who gets it. Hope all you fellow MMA'ers are taking as many precautions as you can during this time and remember that thinking smart and staying calm is absolutely necessary right now. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 12:35am
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 6:09am

1920s: 0/14
1930s: 2/31
1940s: 6/93
1950s: 12/116
1960s: 24/111
1970s: 49/170
1980s: 76/146
1990s: 141/242
2000s: 223/388
2010s: 290/688
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 8:37am
So Batwoman is finally starting in the UK. One day before Supergirl returns with Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 1, with Part 2 now not scheduled until 8 weeks later. 

More important things to worry about in the world right now, but seriously, how hard can it be? Hope Sky/Now-TV doesn't rub further salt into the wound by expiring the episodes of the rest of the shows too quickly, otherwise Batwoman's episode is getting pirated. Don't bloody care at this point. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:49pm
I finally got round to watching Lords of Chaos. I can see why the remaining members of the Black Circle didn't like it much.LOL

Even with all the creative license taken with the film, no one really comes out of it looking too positively. I don't suppose that was the point of it all, but it reinforced what I felt about it at the time - a bunch of kids playing silly games that got out of control, but who produced some aesthetically original and edgy music, albeit with somewhat questionable themes at times.

I loved the brutality of the murders and suicide, not for the sake of violence and brutality, but because of the stark contrast with the almost comicbook silliness and posing which accompanied so much of the image and "aura" created. Compare it to the splatter films which various people were watching throughout the movie (including the lawnmower scene from Brain Dead!) Yes, blood does spurt out of living bodies like that if you make holes in them with knives or guns, and those things are for keeps - the dead don't get a second chance.

The saddest thing about the killings and the posturing is that the music will always be tainted by that. Some people will be attracted to it for the danger and edginess of it - the bands with the Dead singer, or the burning church, on the album covers - and not for the sounds contained within those covers.

Anyway, I went into it with some reasonably strong preconceptions, and none of them were disproved or much altered by the movie. And I still have the Kerrang! magazine with the interview in question in it.Cool
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:47am
I've seen the movie. I actually thought it was quite well done, baring in mind it's disclaimer 'based on truth and lies'. Wink
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:56am
A movie List Challenge with a bit of a difference here, I'm using it as a small poll. I'd appreciate it if MMA'ers had a look. 

GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 1:11am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 12:13am
The Red Dwarf TV movie The Promised Land is on tonight. Big smile
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 2:30am
Holy crap, Chadwick Boseman (Marvel's Black Panther actor) died yesterday. Shocked Apparently he'd been battling cancer for four years and had kept it from the media, working through it in all h's major films since including Black Panther itself. Damn. Very sad and shocking. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:56pm
Just belatedly found out that Netflix cancelled Altered Carbon. 

The list of Netflix Original shows actually worth a damn grows ever smaller. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Just belatedly found out that Netflix cancelled Altered Carbon. 

The list of Netflix Original shows actually worth a damn grows ever smaller. 

Bugger! What are we going to do for cyberpunk ultraviolence now?Cry
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 2:03pm
If all these rumours flying around about the next MCU Spider-Man movie are true it's either going to be the best thing ever or the biggest crash and burn the franchise could possible do. I feel equal hype and worry. And if they really are doing a Spider-verse thing so soon after Into the Spider-Verse then there are going to be inevitable comparisons made and people usually seem to love that movie above all other Spider-Man movies so I have trouble foreseeing comparisons coming off favourably to MCU Spider-Man 3. 

What we do know so far is that Jamie Foxx is playing Electro again as in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Alfred Molina is playing Doctor Octopus again as in Raimi Spider-Man 2. And we already had J. K. Simmons back as J. Jonah Jameson in the last one. So it does all seem to be pointing toward Spider-Verse. 

That's not real, obviously. But it's a pretty good poster I mostly lean toward hoping is onto something. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:32am
My movie collection is now one title away from hitting 1000 again. 

I got rid of quite a lot of DVDs and even a few blu-ray during the first UK lockdown, but my space has gradually been filled back up (and extended). 

I have no idea what my 1000th movie in the collection will be. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic