Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The General Film and TV Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 2:54pm
I probably am wrong. I'm just being a cynical old bastard. Tongue

It is getting well beyond a joke now though. I think what makes it worse is that Amazon is pretty much not saying a damn word on what it's plans for the series are outside the US. Clearly the international deal with Netflix is no longer in place. But as you point out, why take seasons one and two away and not make them available on their own service right away? 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 1:16am
With season 2 there was some sort of exclusivity period for the original channel before the season could be shown internationally, which was why Netflix took so long to get it. Maybe that still has to be honoured in some way before Amazon has release it across their international sites, UK included? They always did have streaming rights in the US and maybe that means they could release it there earlier. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 1:53pm
Netflix just cancelled Daredevil after its best season yet. Shocked

I can't help but wonder if these systematic cancellations of all their Marvel Cinematic Universe shows have something to do with some sort of pressure from Disney due to them developing their own streaming platform. It just makes no sense otherwise. Iron Fist, sure, I can understand ditching that one since people didn't seem to like it as much in general, but Daredevil and Luke Cage are two big deal Netflix Original shows and Luke Cage especially didn't have a satisfying end. It literally needs a third season. 

I wouldn't be surprised to hear next that Jessica Jones season 3 and The Punisher season 2 are cancelled before they're even aired and maybe have development halted on them. 

It would suck if this really was all some move on Disney's part to continue all these characters on their own streaming service as they've already said that they absolutely will not host any mature content on it, so if they continued any of the shows they'd tone them down to the same maturity level as the MCU movies - which I love, but the style wouldn't suit these characters so well. Worse still they might reboot them and recot the Netflix shows out of the MCU official canon. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:12pm
That really is annoying. If Disney takes these shows on would they buy the storyline and cast? You can’t recast these. And you’re right, these aren’t kids shows.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:43pm
It sucks anyway that we're all going to have to pay for Disney's streaming service (Disney+) if we want to see its new MCU content and Star Wars content (including The Mandalorian), which it's already confirmed exclusives for. That's if we even get it over here. So far they've only announced it for the US. Regardless we already pay for Sky, Netflix and Prime in my house - my point being that it's all going to get too much if every major studio suddenly decides to cut ties with the established providers and start their own platform. 

You get it in PC gaming too but it's more of an annoyance there rather than a money issue since you still pay by the game, but it doesn't half make everything disorganised when you get the EA's that won't release on Steam anymore and the Ubisoft's who will release on Steam but still insist on having you install UDon'tPlay, sorry I mean Uplay, before you can use your games. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 6:32pm
Yeah, all these services are getting way out of ahnd, I think. I mean, I don't watch a lot of TV or movies nowadays, anyway, but one reason why is because I'm kind of scared off, in the sense that in order to watch every movie or show I'd be interested in, I'd need to pay for so many different services, it would just get nuts, because they're all scattered on different services, instead of being available in one place. It's utterly ridiculous. 

And yeah, even for gaming it's getting silly. I don't care for EA and play Ubisoft games on PS4 (if at all), but one game I got could only be bought on Discord, if I played the PC version, meaning I literally had to use a whole different program I'd never used before, just to play one game, which is just plain silly, imo. I did use it, and it did work fine, but it's still kinda stupid.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:44am
Another update on The Expanse front, turns out that shortly after Amazon released season 3 to the US on Prime, they took it away again. Confused
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:46pm
Just seen the first trailer for Avengers: Endgame (yep, that's the title). Doesn't reveal much as you'd probably guess for a trailer released this early, but the name got me thinking, maybe they should be letting the MCU lie after this film and go out on a high? I know they have hell all movies planned post Phase 3, but I fear the quality will soon start to dilute after 22 movies (which they'll be at with Avengers: Endgame). 

Since they're continuing the MCU for the long haul I hope they've got some major reinvention plans for Phase 4. 
GG2U

MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:48am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Just seen the first trailer for Avengers: Endgame (yep, that's the title). Doesn't reveal much as you'd probably guess for a trailer released this early, but the name got me thinking, maybe they should be letting the MCU lie after this film and go out on a high? I know they have hell all movies planned post Phase 3, but I fear the quality will soon start to dilute after 22 movies (which they'll be at with Avengers: Endgame). 

Since they're continuing the MCU for the long haul I hope they've got some major reinvention plans for Phase 4. 

It's been an incredible feat of filmmaking to have made so many movies in the franchise already when the worst of the bunch is at least a passable movie. They're probably good for a few more, though this does feel like a logical end point for the series to me. But I guess they want to feature Captain Marvel more after this. Maybe in the future they'll give the movies more of a stand-alone feel. 

I doubt we'll see new solo films from the original stars of the MCU like Iron Man (rumored to die in this one, even before that trailer), Captain America and Thor. If they survive the events of Endgame they may show up in guest roles. I know Chris Evans completed his contract with Infinity War and is only in Endgame because it made sense to be in it. Doesn't sound like there are any plans for Captain America to appear beyond this point. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 1:17pm
Netflix dropped the movie Bird Box today. I haven't watched it yet but based on the clips I've seen it looks like A Quiet Place except you can't see instead of can't make a sound. I'll reserve judgement until I watch it, but it does seem very similar in concept. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:29pm
Bloody furious right now: I managed to finally pick up what I thought was a copy of Hitchcock's Psycho this morning (after bloody years of searching and never finding one) and just stuck it on a few minutes ago only to find that to my surprise it wasn't the original film in the box, but the 1998 remake (which I've heard is rubbish). Really fuming as the disc in the box has the name printed on it in the exact same font as the DVD cover, so unless you read the small print on the actual disc (and hands up who does that in second hand shops?) there's zero way of telling it isn't the right version for the case until you try to play it. Angry
GG2U

Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:39pm
The 1998 Psycho is probably one of the most pointless movies ever made. It's not *technically* bad since it's a shot-for-shot remake of the original, but then in that case, why wouldn't somebody just watch the original? I never understood the logic behind making the film
Necrotica View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG, Death, Alt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:40pm
Plus, Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates? The comedy just writes itself from that point onward 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 6:05am
I ended up buying a Hitchcock boxset off of Amazon that has Psycho in it. I may still watch the remake, but only after seeing the original. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:15pm
The Punisher season 2 drops on Netflix next week. I'm presuming now that it'll be cancelled immediately after that, given the trend set by Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Daredevil. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Bloody furious right now: I managed to finally pick up what I thought was a copy of Hitchcock's Psycho this morning (after bloody years of searching and never finding one) and just stuck it on a few minutes ago only to find that to my surprise it wasn't the original film in the box, but the 1998 remake (which I've heard is rubbish). Really fuming as the disc in the box has the name printed on it in the exact same font as the DVD cover, so unless you read the small print on the actual disc (and hands up who does that in second hand shops?) there's zero way of telling it isn't the right version for the case until you try to play it. Angry

I once got a Cradle of Filth CD inside an Emperor CD case from a second hand store. That was most annoying too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 12:42am
The Expanse is finally coming to Amazon Prime UK on February 8th, according to information released yesterday! Party
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:56am
Finally the first three seasons of The Expanse are on Amazon UK.

But they still seemed to have managed to find a way to shaft us since we don't seem to have the 4K version that Amazon US has. Angry
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 12:57am
Not unexpectedly, Netflix has now announced the cancellation of The Punisher following it's second season (which I haven't found time to start yet) and Jessica Jones as well before season 3 has even been released. 

What a sad state of affairs for a largely promising MCU sub-division. There have been hints dropped that these characters may continue on Disney's new service but since Disney says they won't release anything remotely mature on that, you just know that if they do they're going to water them down considerably. 

In other news though Netflix seemed to be renaming The Haunting of Hill House to just The Haunting and will release a second season based on something else entirely, like they're trying to make it their answer to American Horror Story. Should be good, however, if they can make something as high quality as Hill House again.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 4:09pm
So apparently Arrow is going to end after a much shorter than normal final season. This certainly seems to add weight to the rumour that Oliver won't survive the next crossover event (which if going true to the comics, neither Barry (The Flash) or Kara (Supergirl) should survive).
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic