MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrash metal recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 3:37pm
...and I see you are a Slayer fan too, then I can recommend the first three The Haunted ( http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/haunted-the.aspx?ac=haunted) albums and also Legion of the http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/legion-of-the-damned.aspx?ac=legion of
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 3:35pm
Oh and if you enjoy some of the more brutal thrash I can highly recommend Demolition Hammer. Tortured Existence is one of my favorite brutal thrash metal albums:
.. Album Cover
but also Epidemic of Violence:
.. Album Cover

Also bands like Sindrome, Gammacide and Devastation.

Edited by UMUR - 07 Feb 2011 at 3:38pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

early Annihilator (especially their first two albums), Flotsam & Jetsam (first two albums are great IMO as is their last one), some Overkill maybe, Death Angel (especially III). 

Oh hell yeahhhh!!!Headbanger. I absolutely love the first two Annihilator albums. It�s been a long while since I listened to Flotsam & Jetsam, but I had an album that I really liked back in the early nineties. Overkill is the Mot�rhead of thrash metal. They always release quality albums, that seldom reaches excellence though. That�s of course my personal opinion. Death Angel uhhh highly recommendable too. I�ve mostly listened to their most recent output though. I don�t know the classic eighties albums well enough to recommend them.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 3:26pm
I strongly recommend you listen to Bonded by Blood and Fabulous Disaster by Exodus. I can�t say Force of Habit did much for me either. I think it might even be their weakest album of them all. I can also highly recommend the comeback album Tempo of the Damned. Those are probably the three albums by Exodus I would seek out if I were you. Then come back and give your opinion againThumbs Up

I was never much of a Testament fan myself, but I can recommend listening to the first two albums by the band. I think they are their best output.
Metallica999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallica999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 2:05pm
Thanks. I'll check some of those bands that i'm not familliar with.

@UMUR:

I listened to Force of Habit by Exodus. I can't remember which album by Testament i listened to, but I'm pretty sure it was from early 90s.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 1:55pm

Have you listened to Fabulous Disaster by Exodus and some of the early Testament albums? Or just their more recent stuff?

Edited by UMUR - 07 Feb 2011 at 1:55pm
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 1:52pm
early Annihilator (especially their first two albums), Flotsam & Jetsam (first two albums are great IMO as is their last one), some Overkill maybe, Death Angel (especially III). 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 1:51pm

�ou�ll find many people recommending the first two Forbidden albums.

If you like Kreator you should of course also check out Destruction and Sodom. Some of the early Holy Moses albums are also pretty good.

...oh and Coroner of course. One of the greatest thrash metal acts from the eighties IMO.

Some early Artillery might also please you.

Edited by UMUR - 07 Feb 2011 at 1:53pm
Metallica999 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metallica999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 1:47pm
Lately, i've been getting into thrash. I really like Metallica, Kreator, Megadeth, Early Sepultura, some albums by Slayer etc... Could anyone reccomend me some good old school thrash bands? I like some modern thrash like Nevermore or newer Kreator albums like Violent Revolution, but i prefer old school.
However, i really dislike bands like Testament or Exodus. I don't know why, but they just sound so much different than the bands i mentioned. Or maybe I listened to their less good albums.
Any reccomendation will be highly appreciated. :D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image