MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with entry
    Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:52am
Band The Red Chord was added with incorrect "Red Chord, The" in both gaps. I corrected that but the entry "The Red Chord" still doesn't work.

Edited by bartosso - 07 Feb 2011 at 10:59am
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:07am
i think its supposed to be that way for the search name, but this i guess raises the issue of "the" in band names and searching
so, currently running a search for, "the red chord" returns differently than one for "red chord"

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:17am
It's just because, for some reason, it usually takes some time before the system recognizes that sort of change. I've experienced it countless times.

The change you made was correct. There are lots of cases like that, so whenever you encounter them, feel free to make a similar sort of change.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 4:01pm
...eh I got a problem with this entry: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/avulsion-buffalo-ny.aspx I�m trying to give the band the name Avulsion ( Buffalo, NY) because there is another Avulsion in the database too. but the name comes off very wrong.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 2:55pm
I replaced the comma by a dash in the name of Avulsion (Buffalo - NY) because we do a special formatting for band names that contains a comma.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 4:01pm
^Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic