Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your recent Metal purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 91>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 9:37am

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Streamed that this morning. I listened while gaming so was a bit distracted, but it definitely sounds like hell of an album. Even the RYM average is over 4.00 after nearly 200 ratings and they hate everything over there. Never seen that before. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 11:22am
^ I've only played it once and it didn't hit me immediately like the last one did but certainly good. A few more plays will hopefully reveal a gem.
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 5:58pm
I bought Unleash The Archers - Time Stands Still ...based on you guys praise of it for album of 2015. I guess I may have been a bit harsh in criticism of the band upon listening to it, though I did read that they have new guitarists on this album. I really did think they (the old guitarists) were a weak link on some of the earlier videos I've seen from a couple of years ago.

Anyways, UtA - Time Stands Still is a pretty decent album, I enjoy it. I'm not sure I'd put it up there with my favorite albums of 2015 though.

Also bought The Gentle Storm - The Diary

An album I've been wanting to get for quite some time now, just never seemed to pull the trigger ordering it as there was always something else coming out I wanted to get 1st. I've only listened to the 'Gentle' side so far. Very nice, if that was the only disc for the album I still would have liked it very much. Looking forward to hearing the rockin' disc.

And I picked up Veruca Salt - Ghost Notes at the local used cd store. Alternative rock is not really my thing, but these gals (and guys) do it really well, and I enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by Jbird - 08 May 2016 at 5:59pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 8:14pm
Thrift Store finds:

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 7:35pm
Atreju View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atreju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 4:23am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 5:12pm
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

my un ruin
Atreju View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atreju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 7:17am
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 1:03pm
Lol ^^ Angel LOL

I finally bought Ayreon - The Human Equation

ehhh, another Ayreon album that is good, but the songs just don't fire my imagination, just like every other Ayreon album I have.

I do really like some of Lucassen's other works, his solo album for one, the debut Stream Of Passion album, The Gentle Storm…

…but for some reason Ayreon just leaves me a bit cold. Great musicianship, great production, I just can't get into the albums though for the most part, and The Human Equation is no different. I think he needs to come at the songwriting from a more metal perspective. More riffs, heavier riffs, etc. Not all the time, mind you, his Pink Floyd-ish spacey stuff is great too. I just wish there were more riffy heaviness. And I understand that isn't really his thing/forte, but that's what would make it more interesting for ME.
Bartje1979 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bartje1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:15pm
Jbird, what about the Star One albums? Those are more metal than Ayreon. Personally, I prefer Ayreon above Star One.

My recent purchases:
Haken - Affinity
Blood Ceremony - Lord of Misrule
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:20pm
Listen to Ayreon's Flight of the Migrator and 01011101 if you want to hear the more metal dominant albums.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 6:49pm
Thrift store find:

Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 8:21pm
Picked up: Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down

from my local used cd/record store for $4. I own the latest 2 Insomnium albums and really like them, but WOW, STDIACD is fantastic, definitely my favorite of the 3 Insomnium albums I now own.

Are there any other bands that have a similar sound? Melancholic lyrics, and heavy, yet melodic metal?

I know of Katatonia (not quite as heavy, and not as good, imo).
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Jbird Jbird wrote:

Picked up: Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down

from my local used cd/record store for $4. I own the latest 2 Insomnium albums and really like them, but WOW, STDIACD is fantastic, definitely my favorite of the 3 Insomnium albums I now own.

Are there any other bands that have a similar sound? Melancholic lyrics, and heavy, yet melodic metal?

I know of Katatonia (not quite as heavy, and not as good, imo).

10 Years fits that description perfectly, they have a melancholic yet melodic and heavy sound. They're sort of like a heavier Katatonia mixed with some Tool. Minus the Machine and their newest one "From Birth to Burial" are my favorites from them. 

Here's one of my favorites:

Hope you like it, really underrated band that deserves more attention. Smile
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 9:58pm

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 11:07am
Just ordered...

Edited by Nightfly - 04 Jun 2016 at 11:11am
Modrigue View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 2:56pm
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 6:31pm
Got lucky and found this out-of-print album on cassette for only $5! Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 91>
  Share Topic