MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good evening...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndianaJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good evening...
    Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 3:39pm
... in the same voice that can be heard coming out of David Coverdale's mouth at the start of "Starkers in Tokyo"-live. I always thought that that's the way to say good evening properly.LOL

So yeah, thought I'd introduce myself here, my name is Antti and I'm from Finland. Heavy metal was the genre that got me to music in general and has been a huge part in my life. I like almost every kind of music, from classical to prog, through metal to cheezy 80's pop, but metal has been perhaps the dearest kind. I fell in love woth Iron Maiden, still my all time favorite band, and started to explore the other 80's bands and found out that traditional heavy metal is definently my cup of tea. And onwards from there I learned to appreciate all kind of different subgenres of metal: thrash, speed, power, prog... Another big thing for me was finding Rush and Queen and getting into progressive music, but maybe I shouldn't babble too much.

Like many others, I also found this site through progarchives. I found progarchives to be an excellent source to find and get familiar with progrock bands, because it has a vast number of active users. This isn't unfortunately the case with metalmusicarchives so I thought that maybe I shouldn't just sit on my arse but to do something about it.

So I think that covers things up for starters, hello to all.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 3:41pm
Welcome to MMA! SmileHeadbanger
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 3:48pm
Welcome to MMA. I�m glad you�ve decided to join us. Smile
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 4:31pm
Welcome to the Archives! Approve Headbanger
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 6:06am
Good evening and welcome!
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 7:26pm
Welcome, and enjoy your stay!! Tongue

The Glove of Love View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Glove of Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 7:31pm
Welcome welcome welcome, hope you have a ball!
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:44pm
welcome aboard :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic