MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to MMA
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please ad my Band the original BLACK DEATH  (Ohio)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPlease ad my Band the original BLACK DEATH (Ohio)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please ad my Band the original BLACK DEATH (Ohio)
    Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 2:00pm

Hello. This is Greg Hicks the Bassist founder of the original Black Death from 1979-present. I noticed you do not have my band listed here so i am contributing. You can find all our info on www.BlackDeathBand.com , and i will post bio here:

Black Death are an American band who have been noted as the "first all-African-American heavy metal band." The group were mentioned in Ian Christe's book Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal, and mentioned Rock 'n' roll and the Cleveland connection by Deanna R. Adams as "one of the only, if not the only, all-black metal bands in the country" in 1987. Black Death recorded thier debut record on Auburn Records in 1984, and has earned worldwide interest from heavy metal fans everywhere. Coming from the east side of Cleveland Ohio, and growing up with thier unique taste in music set them apart from everyone else
It was not hip in thier neighborhood to sport rock let alone heavy metal, which enabled them to be free of any restrictions and create a pure untainted sound. Being influenced by the hardest of 1970's Heavy Metal they strived to be unique without loosing main influences.
DETAILED BIO:
Black Death was a nameless band in 1977 consisting of Greg Hicks, Phil Bullard, and Clayborn Pinkins. Then in 78 they recruted Siki Spacek (Reginal Gamble). The Name Black Death was brought to the table by Greg Hicks and Clayborn in 1979. That year Clayborn Pinkins was shot and killed (R.I.P). Soon after Ed Goodan took over on Bass. One year later Darrel Harris replace Ed on Bass.  The first recording was of one song called "Outcast" in1980. Appropriately titled, that song was only aired once on local radio. After the response from that song they realized they were far from "outcast" in the Heavy Metal community! The second recording was in 1981 at Angel studios and also was never released. The third was a Demo recorded at Suma studios in 1982. Two songs were featured on "Cleveland Metal Compilation". The fourth recording to date was the now classic debut LP that was released by Auburn Records in Cleveland Ohio. With only 2,000 LP's printed, it is a very sought after and hard to find release. Black Death resurfaced in 2009 and is back with an all star lineup consisting of Greg Hicks (bass), Ken Phillips (lead guitar), Dennis Fuldauer (drums), Sandy Krueger (vox), Mark Shea (guitar), and will be recording a new EP in the near future! Black Death is currently unsigned and will be looking for distribution and possible record label representation.You can also find them at thier  previous site at: www.myspace.com/blackdeathcleveland .

Greg Hicks
BLACK DEATH
www.BlackDeathBand.com
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 2:45pm
Welcome to the site, Greg.  I'll let the traditional metal team know about this thread so your band can be added. Smile
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 2:50pm
Hey Greg and welcome, thanks for the info.

Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 1:32am
Nice - I enjoy research, but it's even better when the bands come to us!

Welcome, Greg.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 3:52pm
Black Death has been added: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/black-death.aspx

The discography will be added soon. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic