Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arch/Matheos working on a release summer 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arch/Matheos working on a release summer 2011
    Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 2:39pm
I've seriously just wet myself!

This announcement has made my year.

Arch / Matheos currently tracking in the studio

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. � January 19, 2011 � Jim Matheos (current member of the progressive rock powerhouse Fates Warning and OSI) and John Arch (former vocalist of Fates Warning) are currently working together on a new full-length album that will be released in late spring/early summer via Metal Blade Records. The band, called ARCH / MATHEOS, began tracking the drums on January 12 and will continue to record through mid February with both John Arch and Jim Matheos producing the album. ARCH / MATHEOS features an all-star lineup including the talents of Joey Vera on bass (Armored Saint, Anthrax, Fates Warning, Seven Witches), Bobby Jarzombek on drums (Halford, Fates Warning, Sebastian Bach, Riot), and Frank Aresti on additional lead guitar (Fates Warning). More details will be released over the coming months so be sure to stay tuned to FatesWarning.com & MetalBlade.com
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 2:43pm
That might have some serious potential, eh?  Interesting that it isn't just a Fates Warning album. 
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

That might have some serious potential, eh?  Interesting that it isn't just a Fates Warning album. 

Looking at that lineup, that was my thought as well (though Ray is a huge part of Fates Warning now).  I'm definitely anticipating this.  Smile
Sinkadotentree View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinkadotentree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 7:39am
This is the album i most look forward to this year.I'm just really interested in how it will "sound".The last Arch/Matheous collaboration was Arch's "Twist Of Fate" which was an amazing Prog-Metal EP.I just wonder if it will be more like that or more atmospheric like Matheos' recent works with FATES WARNING and OSI.Can't wait !
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 7:40am
IMO "Twist Of Fate" is the best PM EP ever released! Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 7:41am
This has the potentional to become something really great.
Sinkadotentree View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinkadotentree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

IMO "Twist Of Fate" is the best PM EP ever released! Big smile

I have to agree with you Steve,i love playing that cd.
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 2:51pm
I have a sneaking suspicion that this will turn into a FW album.

FW was supposed to have been recording a new album with the same lineup (minus Ray Alder, of course) that is making this Arch/Matheos album (out of the blue)...maybe they're gagueing fan reaction and promoter reaction for a quick & lucritave FW/Arch reunion...
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:30am

Seeing as the separate FW thread is up and running I ought to update this one.

As previously announced, Jim Matheos (current member of the progressive rock powerhouse Fates Warning and OSI) and John Arch (former vocalist of Fates Warning) have teamed up to form the new progressive rock band, ARCH/ MATHEOS. The band -accompanied by Joey Vera on bass, Bobby Jarzombek on drums, and Frank Aresti on additional lead guitar- began tracking the drums on January 12 and continued to record through mid February with Jim Matheos producing. ARCH/ MATHEOS is pleased to announce Sympathetic Resonance as the title of the debut album, which will be released September 13, 2011 in North America.

Jim Matheos offered his insight on the writing and recording process of Sympathetic Resonance; "I think John and I work really well together. There's a lot of mutual respect and trust in what we do. But, we're also both very critical of ourselves, and each other. This can make for a long and, sometimes, tedious process. But ultimately it's one I enjoy because I think it brings out the best in both of us." John Arch added; "When I first heard some of the arrangements Jim had written and recorded, it took quite some time before I could wrap my mind around the odd time signatures and guitar work going on here. There are some long compositions, so putting anxiety and apprehension on the back burner it was time to dissect these numbers into digestible bits. After the lengthy process of lyrics and melodies, listening to the songs now, I can't imagine them any other way." In terms of the lyrical content on Sympathetic Resonance, John Arch notes that "the lyrics this time around are more in line with A Twist of Fate and not of the mystical nature of some past albums."

More details will be released over the coming months so be sure to stay tuned to MetalBlade.com. ARCH/ MATHEOS pages on Facebook and Twitter coming soon!

Lineup:

John Arch � vocals (Fates Warning)
Jim Matheos � guitars (Fates Warning, OSI) 
Joey Vera � bass (Armored Saint, Anthrax, Fates Warning, Seven Witches) 
Bobby Jarzombek � drums (Halford, Fates Warning, Sebastian Bach, Riot) 
Frank Aresti - additional lead guitar (Fates Warning)

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:49am
It does sound promising.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 4:02am
More than promising to my ears. I can�t waitWacko. I want it nowwwww!!!!!!!!Head on wall
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 4:43am
Don't you want the finished product? ;-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 5:39am
^Big smile
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 8:27pm
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 1:50am

Thanks Dan, sounds fantastic.

September 2011 for a Prog Metal Fan is going to be the equivalent of a wet dream LOL

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:33am
All I have to say is: "FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap!" (yes, it's my 7/8 progressive fapping)

:-P

Edited by Time Signature - 12 Jul 2011 at 4:33am
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Thanks Dan, sounds fantastic.

September 2011 for a Prog Metal Fan is going to be the equivalent of a wet dream LOL

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

All I have to say is: "FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap FAP fap fap fap fap fap fap!" (yes, it's my 7/8 progressive fapping)

:-P

Kim, save some till September. And remember, that's just the edited version. Wink
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:03pm
Fap fap fapp-uh-difap!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 4:22am
Arch / Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance
John Arch : Vocals
Jim Matheos : Guitar
Joey Vera : Bass
Bobby Jarzombek : Drums
Frank Aresti : Additional Lead Guitar
1. Neurotically Wired
2. Midnight Serenade
3. Stained Glass Sky
4. On the Fence
5. Any Given Day (Strangers Like Me)
6. Incense and Myrrh
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 10:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic