MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virginia Based Drummer Looking For Band

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virginia Based Drummer Looking For Band
    Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:51pm
I'm a serious drummer looking for a serious touring metal band. I am looking for a band that will be making money from touring. I do need to make at least enough money to pay my monthly bills. But, my goal is to make a great living touring and recording not just make ends meet. I know this can be done with the right people. I'm looking for a band that is professional and that is ready to start writing and recording music then jump into touring or that has preexisting original material that I can learn so we can get on the road. I am based in the Northern Virginia area. But as long as the band is making money through touring so I can cover all my expenses travel from my area to yours for rehearsals should not be an issue.

A bit about myself: I've been playing drums for 23 year's. My style of drumming is like a combo of Vinnie Paul (Pantera), Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree) and Dave Weckl (Chick Corea Band). I pull from my influences while striving to have my own voice as a musician. So that means that I work to create unique beats and fills as well as pulling from the metal beats and fills that I also love.

I am also a Christian. So I have to be comfortable with the band's lyrics and content. I can't play behind anything anti-Christian and I can't play behind any lyrics with cursing in them. I am completely good with playing in a band with people with any beliefs as long as there is mutual respect amongst all the members. Just to say, cursing does not bother me at all in conversation. I just have to be able to stand behind what I put my name on and am associated with.

Some of my influences are: Pantera, Deftones, Living Sacrifice, Zao, He Is Legend, Extol, Norma Jean, Metallica, Megadeth, Sepultura, Faith No More, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Cannibal Corpse, to name just a few.

Here are some clips of my playing.

This is a cover. I played it pretty close to the original recording.

https://youtu.be/z_ClsciMIBo

This is some live footage with an original band that I was in.

https://youtu.be/WsGFJoU_6m8

If you are looking for a serious drummer that is easy to get along with and that is committed to playing metal full time for a living please get in touch with me with some examples of your music.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic