MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEMMY: 'I've Never Done A Day's Exercise.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalbaswee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LEMMY: 'I've Never Done A Day's Exercise.
    Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 10:43am

Metro.co.uk recently conducted an interview with MOT�RHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Metro.co.uk: You're known for your steady diet of Jack Daniel's and Marlboro cigarettes. What kind of shape are you in?

Lemmy: I know. It's amazing really. I've never done a day's exercise in my life. I get a good workout onstage, I suppose.

Metro.co.uk: Has a doctor looked at your liver lately?

Lemmy: Yeah, he said I had the liver of a newborn child.

Metro.co.uk: Are you in bed after shows now or do the band still like a good party?

Lemmy: You don't get a good party after the show usually because we're working. We're probably on the bus and on the way to the next show. If you drive at night, there's no traffic � you get there a lot quicker. For a couple of hours after the show, we hang out. We get less female visitors than we used to.

Metro.co.uk: You collect Nazi memorabilia. Why?

Lemmy: Because I like it. I don't like the ideas � I just collect the stuff.

Metro.co.uk: A lot of people might assume if someone collects Nazi memorabilia they're into far-right ideas.

Lemmy: My deeds have spoken enough for my beliefs. My girlfriend's black. I'm the worst Nazi you've ever seen.

Metro.co.uk: What kind of things are you writing about on the new album?

Lemmy: I don't have issues. When I was younger, we didn't have issues � we had problems. I still have problems. Everybody's drowning for want of a decent wage. There are problems there. Same old, same old.

Metro.co.uk: You're a famous, wealthy rock star � are you still bothered about that kind of stuff?

Lemmy: I'm famous; I'm not wealthy. I really don't care about politics. It takes up too much time. And there's always misery. Every politician is an [%&*@]. Sorry about that but they are. Everybody from Hitler to Stalin and back � all of them. To want to be a politician, you've got to be an [%&*@].

Read the entire interview from Metro.co.uk.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 5:10pm
HugMy hero!!!
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 7:26pm
"Every politician is an [%&*@]. "

OK, cant disagree
GLAM METAL!
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 1:03am
Lemmy is a pretty funny guy

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 15 Jan 2011 at 4:41am
The Glove of Love View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Glove of Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Lemmy Lemmy wrote:

My deeds have spoken enough for my beliefs. My girlfriend's black. I'm the worst Nazi you've ever seen.

LOLLOLLOL

Edited by The Glove of Love - 15 Jan 2011 at 2:21am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 2:37am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

HugMy hero!!!

It just can�t be said enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic