MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't Log In

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlkpad14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't Log In
    Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:40pm
Well, one problem for me is that I can log in to the forum, but not to the site. I have tried using the same username and password as on the forum... I have also tried on the forum and it worked... - quite a few times.

Anyone have any idea why?
https://gamecrazyprofessional.weebly.com/
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:47pm
The main site can be sensitive on certain passwords (special characters, for example), where the forum isn't. 

First thing to try would be to change your password via the forum (make it something simple to start with) and then see if that works. 

Not sure if its the case here but I know on PA they seem to have a maximum length and when setting my password there I didn't notice when the entry field stopped letting me type, resulting in a shorter password than I was intending. As I said, I'm not sure if that applies here or not, but another idea would be reducing your current password by one character at a time to see if it works. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
mlkpad14 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlkpad14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 2:55pm
Thanks for the help... I did not realize the difference in passwords, nor did I keep track of it. I just replace the password with some random, conjured password.
https://gamecrazyprofessional.weebly.com/
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 7:02pm
I am having the same issue. I can log into the forum but not the site. I used the exact same passwords. Can someone help me?
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 7:54pm
You could try changing your password from the profile section under the member control panel. I don't know any other way to fix it if you're sure you used the exact passwords, special and capitals included.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 7:03am
A problem i've had in the past is that my browser loves to autocorrect things and sometimes that spills over to passwords for some reason. When i was typing in my username it would insist on a hyphen (because i use it that way elsewhere). Once i discovered this little detail it has worked fine since but now i just never log out and don't have to worry about it 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

A problem i've had in the past is that my browser loves to autocorrect things and sometimes that spills over to passwords for some reason. When i was typing in my username it would insist on a hyphen (because i use it that way elsewhere). Once i discovered this little detail it has worked fine since but now i just never log out and don't have to worry about it 

There may be something to this as I've had people come to me multiple times before with this same issue and sometimes they've allowed me to try their log-in for myself and the details I was given always worked for me. So do check that your web browser isn't auto-inputting something incorrectly. 

As a last resort, any admin can force reset your password. Just send a PM if it comes down to that. 
GG2U

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 5:37am
I cannot log in either PA or MMA on my laptop but can log in on my phone. Weird. I tried changing my password but I should have got an e-mail but nothing happened. What is going on? I don't understand
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:13am
You still having problems, LittleBig?
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 3:06am
Yes. I can only post from my phone. I don't know what's wrong.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 3:31am
You want me to reset your password to see if that helps?
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

You want me to reset your password to see if that helps?

Please do, I only hope if it does not work I still can post on the phone.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:58am
So we’ve reset your password, suggested clearing your cache/temporary internet files and still it doesn’t work. Have you tried using a different browser to see if that’s where the problem is? Given you can post from your mobile, the issue is likely to be at your end unfortunately. Let us know if you manage to sort this. Thanks.
DeathofMan View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathofMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 1:55am
I'm having this same problem. I tried changing my password several times, as well as different browsers, but it still doesn't work.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 2:16am
This site has an invisible password character limit of 20 characters. If the passwords you're trying are above that they will not work on the main site. Or rather they will, up to the first 20 characters. Try that or a shorter password. 

GG2U

DeathofMan View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathofMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 2:48am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

This site has an invisible password character limit of 20 characters. If the passwords you're trying are above that they will not work on the main site. Or rather they will, up to the first 20 characters. Try that or a shorter password. 

My password was never more than 20 characters long

Edited by DeathofMan - 29 Dec 2021 at 2:57am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 3:05am
Okay, please send me a PM with your password. I'll need your permission to log into your account for testing purposes to see if it does or doesn't work for me as well as your permission to then change your password from here depending on what I find out. Until I know if it works for me or not I won't know what the problem is. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic