MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cool Non-Metal Albums Purchased in 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool Non-Metal Albums Purchased in 2016
    Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 3:49pm
Yeah, wondered if you guys purchased any non-metal albums in 2016...I just ordered an Enigma album from 1992--I think it's called MCMXCM or something...I got it cause there is an awesome song on there called "Sadeness Part 1"---had to buy cause it came out when I was 17...anyhow, so, how about you guys?? would love to hear some comments...Embarrassed
moody metal maiden
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 3:58pm
^I have an Enigma album, Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!, haven't listened to it much though. I've been waiting till I'm in the mood for ambient electronic. Tongue

The non-metal albums I've bought this year have been:

Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Eric Johnson - G3 Live
George Gershwin's Greatest Hits
Eat Static - Science of the Gods
Boston - Boston
Styx - Paradise Theater
Orbital - Orbital (Green Album)
The Orb - Pomme Fritz
Clannad - Anam
Rusted Root - Cruel Sun
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty
Run DMC - King of Rock
The Offspring - Ignition 
Nirvana - In Utero

I think that's all.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 4:05pm
Blood Ceremony - Lord of Misrule is about it for this year actually. There's plenty of non-metal albums out there that really should make it into my collection one day though. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 3:03am
Some weeks ago I ordered Sam's Town by The Killers. I love that album.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 3:11am
I picked up the latest Spock's Beard a couple of months back. Very good prog rock album.
Vixen Erotica View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:27pm
Weird, never heard of Spock's Beard....Will have to go to Amazon and check that one out---On a different note, I know I haven't been around much and it because of holiday stress and I keep a migraine on a regular basis...I hope after the weekend is over that I will be back cause I have missed everyone here...sorry to bore everyone...You all have a Happy Holiday!!! --Cheers, Vixen 8-]] 
moody metal maiden
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:38pm
I´ve suffered from migraines a lot too. It didn´t start until I was around 30, but then I started having migraine attacks with aura (you know what that is?) relatively often. Fortunately it´s been nearly 1½ years since my last serious attack, so maybe it´ll be gone for good. I really hope so, because it´s been pretty invalidated on my life at times. The fear you get of having an attack out of the blue is the worst. I hope you learn to live with it, and hopefully it´ll get better with time too.

...and it´s good to see you here Again. Some people visit often, some people visit less frequently. We just appreciate when people visit Tongue.

Merry Christmas to you too.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:39pm
I like a bit of Spocks Beard myself. If you enjoy a bit of symphonic prog, they're well worth checking out Vixen.

I've never had a migraine myself, although I have had too many self-inflicted headaches over the years. I have friends who get them and they sound horrendous. Hope they go soon for you, and Merry Christmas!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:42pm
My grandmother used to get terrible migraine's, until she stopped drinking orange juice. Not had one since she stopped drinking it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 3:57pm
I've gotten really painful headaches before, not sure if they've been migraines or not, but yeah they do really put a limit on what you can do. Happy Holidays, and I hope your migraines lessen.

And yes, I wish this site was more active, but life doesn't always permit us to visit forums often. Any amount of visits from members is good thing. Tongue
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 3:51pm
Thanks everyone for understanding....I get the migraines with aura....went to the doctor today and he said I had a sinus infection and was putting extra pressure on my head...Anyhow, Christmas was good and I hope all of you have an excellent New Year!!! Weird about the orange juice, ketchup give my boyfriend migraines sometimes...Well, let's talk about music again...I hope I will get a George Michael album sometime soon cause of his passing away, may have to wait until 2017....BTW, I did get the new Metallica album--was not very impressed, they have done better albums in their heyday...Any opinions?? 8-]] 
moody metal maiden
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Vixen Erotica Vixen Erotica wrote:

....BTW, I did get the new Metallica album--was not very impressed, they have done better albums in their heyday...Any opinions?? 8-]] 

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/hardwired-to-self-destruct/336896

Not very good. Gave it 1.5/5
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 3:13pm
Happy New Year 2017 everyone...Glad someone agrees with me on Metallica's new one...8-]] 
moody metal maiden
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic