MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holiday Stress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holiday Stress
    Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 1:00pm
Hi you all---wanted to know how all of you handle your stress during the holidays, especially Christmas and New Year's....I get very tired and agitated...If anyone has any tips on how to handle this, please list them here...Cheers, Vixen Ying Yang
moody metal maiden
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 2:22pm
A good malt Whisky. A few glasses of that and I'm well and truly chilled. Big smile
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 10:57pm
I find this helps...
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 4:23am
I honestly find death metal to be therapeutic.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 10:46am
I don't get too stressed out during the holidays specifically, other than the minor stress of buying gifts. But when I'm stressed there's nothing better than cranking a Pantera album.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 1:17pm
I seldom enjoy the Holidays. I´m a routine type of guy, who prefer waking up, going to Work, going home, eating dinner, going to sleep...and repeat Again the NeXT day. My stress levels are way too high when my routines are broken during Holidays and vacations. Call me mister robot LOL.

If I could just relax and do what I wanted during Holidays, Things would be different, but I´m always being dragged around to Christmas parties, Christmas shows at the kid´s school, and other similar Things (I even had to go to church one year to see my daughter perform a play...ugh...fuckin´ church Dead). Tonight I for example had to attend a Christmas party to celebrate the season end for my son´s floorball team, and everyone had to bring a dish and shit...I hate Things like that. Socializing with people I don´t know, and most of the time don´t want to know, is just not my idea of a good time. So yeah...stress levels are high. But what you do for your kids right!

Edited by UMUR - 13 Dec 2016 at 1:25pm
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 9:27pm
^ you parents! the sacrifices you make. i simply ignore it. i don't buy presents, i don't send cards or nothing. i jut spread puppy joy every day of the year! i have to go thru the motions to wish friends and relatives happy holidays and all and call parents, friends etc but that's not so bad. otherwise, i ignore it. just another day to listen to music!!!
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 3:13am
Jonas, and I thought I was the only unsociable grumpy old bastard on this site Wink

Christmas is great for kids. Mine are all grown up (well my youngest is 15), but come Christmas they all revert to being children again and want party hats and tinsel. I guess once they have their own families and the wife runs away with the postman I'll be able to enjoy some festive peace Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 9:15am
^ClapLOL, Oh yes Peace and quiet in an old rocking chair with music in my ears with no interruptions. Damn it´ll be great to be old.
Vixen Erotica View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 3:43pm
Ha Ha---I am somewhat opposite when it comes to old age....I am almost 42 and am scared to death when 50 rolls around...Anyhow, though, love reading about how you all spend the holidays-or lack thereof...Thumbs Up
moody metal maiden
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic