Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** FORUM UPGRADE / OFFLINE SOON ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *** FORUM UPGRADE / OFFLINE SOON ***
    Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 12:29pm
Hi all,

I will upgrade the forum software to v9.69 in the next hours and will have to shutdown the forum in the process for 1-2 hours.

Thanks

M@X

Geek

Edited by m@x - 17 Jan 2011 at 10:36am
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 2:40pm
That may give me a reason to not be online for an hour or two! LOLTongue
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 2:41pm
BTW... awesome new emoticons! Love these: Party   Beer  Handshake
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 10:49pm
Thumbs Up
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 12:13am
I see the collab zone posts are now showing up on the 10 new posts column, wonder if they're visible to non-collabs as well?

Otherwise looking good Thumbs Up
<- Click on this!
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 4:39am
Couple of things I have already noticed.

My sig is not showing.

I am not receiving emails for either MMA or PA.

Edit: LOL Typical my sig appears on the post I say it isnt.

Edited by Colt - 20 Nov 2010 at 4:40am
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 8:12am
Emails are being received now Thumbs Up
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 1:55pm
Good, any other problems ?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by m@x m@x wrote:

Good, any other problems ?
I was wondering why earlier tiday, I could log in but I couldn't add a post.  I was about to blame my brother's computer, but all is fine now.
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 3:25pm
Handshake
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 4:27am
Email receipt has become very sporadic again, I have just 4 mail from both MMA and PA in the last 12 hours. Confused
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 6:10am
I am trying to understand that... thanks for reporting
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 1:26pm
Damn!

Here's why the EMAIL NOTZ are not always sent out

Source: http://www.webwiz.co.uk/forums/email-notification-not-working_topic28468_post143882.html

Email notifications are not sent to yourself, as you would know you have posted. If you subscribe to a topic then email notifications are sent for the first time someone replies going on the last date of your last visit to the forum, another post notification for that topic will not be sent again till after you have re-visited the forum.

To test to see if post notification is working you need two accounts. With the first subscribe to a topic and then logout the forum. Then with the second account login to the forum and post a reply to the topic the first account is subscribe to.

The report post feature will send a report to moderators and admins, but not to yourself, again as there is no point in reporting a post to yourself.

If you still don't get email notifications check with your mail server admin what requirements are needed to send emails to remote mailboxes as you may need to use authentication settings.

Please comments, but think and take a deep breathe before posting, it may be a wise solution ? Share your toughts, constructive please.

I guess it's to limit the notifications sent, some members are not even active and were sent out notz.

Sounds interesting for this, but ... i'll wait comments from active members.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 2:21am
I understand but don't agree.

As an Admin it will cause issues with monitoring and moderating troublesome threads and personnel.

The Reporting Button is one thing but watching a thread is a completely different story.

Can you disable it or is it part of the new features of the upgrade?

My Inbox was nigh on empty this morning and when I first opened the forum ALL the posts had been marked as read already! Confused

another post notification for that topic will not be sent again till after you have re-visited the forum.

In which case I should have received emails at the moment I logged back in; but I didn't.

If you still don't get email notifications check with your mail server admin what requirements are needed to send emails to remote mailboxes as you may need to use authentication settings

Is a tweak required with the settings, as mentioned above?

It must be a headache for you M@x.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 7:56am
I was rather hoping for the old avatar size to be kept around here, but this is not too bad. I'd probably like it if I had a massive screen, but on my 13 inch Mac it takes up surprisingly much space.
<- Click on this!
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 7:57am
^ what is the screen resolution of your MAC Pekka ?
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 7:59am
^ Actually I tested it on 1024x768 (still the most used) and it was kind ok very acceptable and nice, since you avatars are all cool Cool
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 8:03am
I'm using 1280x800. Thanks for taking them down in size a bit, I can live with these ones very well even if I'm not in love with them Thumbs Up
<- Click on this!
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 8:05am
1280x800, at least you have a very large width.

I suppose you will get used to them quickly, I think 1024x768 users will need more time though Ermm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 9:42am
I don't know how I feel about the bigger avatars.  Sometimes it seems that due to their size, a message of 1 to 2 lines can take up the majority of my screen.  This is coming from someone who recently switched to a 1440x900 monitor BTW.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic