MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latest Ozzy Albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest Ozzy Albums
    Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 1:16pm
Just curious to see if anyone agrees with me on this...
I am generally speaking part of the 'Ozzy can do no wrong fanboy association' when it comes to my judgement of metal albums. However I feel the last two, namely 'Black Rain' and 'Scream' to be on the whole profoundly disappointing.
 I mean, they're waaaaaay too overproduced for rock or metal albums (and overproduction is an issue that I rarely have with anything, I like 80's Queen, Def Leppard, Starship and all that but this is miles too far even for me). There's nowhere near enough riffage to bulk them out either, something which was never the case with Ozzy's band.
 What do you guys think...sold out, beginning of the end, all is well??? Opinions please dudes.Confused
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 7:10pm
The last Ozzy album I found to have any redeeming qualities was Ozzmosis.  Down To Earth was rather bland, and I admittedly only heard a few tracks from each of their last 2 albums, they weren't good enough to make me want to buy either album.
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 3:06pm
I thought Down To Earth was alright actually, but yeah, you're right about the last two. I was really not that interested in buying either, I only got them as collection fillers. Unhappy
zhang00 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhang00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 5:30am
Me too.I agree with you.Thumbs Up
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 9:25am
I happened to hear most of the new album in a record store around the day it came out, and I was very positively surprised. Should probably get it from the library to relisten.
<- Click on this!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 5:57am
I can't listen to anything post No More Tears; I used to enjoy Ozzmosis a bit but it died quickly for me, getting worse with every listen.
I tried listening to the newer ones (curiosity killed the cat) but I got bored.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 5:03pm
I actually like Black Rain and Scream. They sound totally different for the Ozz. They are kind of alternative and kinda of industrial. Ozzmosis is my LEAST favorite album but of course nothing comes close to the Randy Rhoads years. BTW there is a Randy Rhoads tribute album that sounds promising. Not sure if its here but where would it go?  On the Ozzy page?
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I actually like Black Rain and Scream. They sound totally different for the Ozz. They are kind of alternative and kinda of industrial. Ozzmosis is my LEAST favorite album but of course nothing comes close to the Randy Rhoads years. BTW there is a Randy Rhoads tribute album that sounds promising. Not sure if its here but where would it go?  On the Ozzy page?

If it's a tribute, it would probably go in Various Artists (Tributes).
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

If you can find the name I'll try to track it down for V.A.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 11:19pm
Here ya go Vim. I still haven't added any VA artists so i'll let ya do it :)

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/immortal_randy_rhoads__the_ultimate_tribute/

Various Artists - Immortal Randy Rhoads: The Ultimate Tribute - album cover

Edited by siLLy puPPy - 17 Feb 2016 at 11:20pm
Pelata View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 1:18pm
Most everything after 'The Ultimate Sin' is just "OK"...good songs here and there...but a lot just feels phoned in and weak.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic