MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death Metal Kill Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 34>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 5:47am
For some reason, the whole Carcass catalogue had been uploaded on SoundCloud:

RRROOOAAARRR!!! - Vo�vod, II-1, 1986 B.C.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 10:59am
Excellent brutal death metal, best I've heard in a while.

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 9:26am
Another great album from Skeletal Remains.

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:07am
Incantation doing what they do....very well. Review coming soon.

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 7:14am
Fast becoming one of my favourite albums of the year...

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

For some reason, the whole Carcass catalogue had been uploaded on SoundCloud:

It's finally all been added to Spotify too.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 9:21am
Very good melodic death metal. Liking it better than the last one.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Fast becoming one of my favourite albums of the year...

I think it´s a great albums too. And of course it´s nice to see Benediction return. I feared we had heard the last from them.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 3:53pm
^ Yes it's been a while hasn't it.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:44am
Yeah and while I think Dave Hunt did a great job on the last couple of releases, Dave Ingram is THE singer for Benediction IMO, and with him returning, this feels more like a real Benediction album. I look forward to seing them live on the 2021 Copenhell Festival (If we are allowed to attend in June, Pandemic and all). I haven´t seen Benediction in concert since 1995.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 4:47pm
Hopefully gigs will be happening by June.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 8:40am
Might just be their best yet...

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 3:06pm
This new one from At The Gates is not blowing me away...yet. Hats off for them for showing some musical growth but lacking killer riffs to my ears. Hopefully a grower. 

LightningRider View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

... and here's a true classic :-)

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yep and actually much in the same technical brutal death metal style. I wasn�t much of a fan of Suffocation back in the early nineties, but I�ve spend the last couple of years gettin� into their albums, and now I fully understand the praise they get and how influential their albums have been on the death metal genre. My favorite is:

.. Album Cover

You both might like this. I just finished up the Suffocation discography today, ending with the Human Waste EP. I always liked the two albums above, but Human Waste absolutely blew me away more than most death metal albums I've checked out. That was true brutality in a short and unpredictable 23 minutes worth revisiting, like one big "go to hell" to Cryptopsy. I'm moving it to the top of my brutal death chart.

Since it came out in 1991, I decided to finally revisit Death's Human and see if it's better like a lot of websites say. I've slightly grown out of Symbolic, anyway. Human isn't as good as The Sound of Perseverance, but it may be better than Human Waste. Maybe. Heavier than Symbolic, just as melodic and slightly more diverse, which means it does more with its small runtime than Symbolic which is a little bloated.
And the Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:24am
Going on a big brutal death metal marathon, and I now found a favorite slam band after looking through the charts: 7 H.Target.  Their debut is almost phenomenal.  It can't help but feel samey, but this avant-garde take on slam is brilliant.  Gonna check out 0.00 Apocalypse now.

Btw, 7 H.Target is about as violent lyrically as I'm willing to explore.  Devourment flat-out disgusts me, so no Devourment.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 1:01pm
Pierced From Within is probably my favourite Suffocation album. I also highly recommend the Despise The Sun EP which came out 3 years after.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Metalbaswee Metalbaswee wrote:

The only Death Metal i listen to is opeth i guess, are there any bands you can recommend with a grunt that is a lot like mikeal's? I absolutely love death metal, but with a lot of bands, the vocals are just to big of a point to get past.

The holy bible of progressive death metal. Wink

Heard this for the first time today. 9.5/10. But I wouldn't say it's the "holy bible of prog death." It feels more melodic than progressive. The progressiveness mostly comes from stapling great songs together. My number 1 death metal album, however, is prog and tech: The Sound of Perseverance.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:44pm
Powerful stuff from Aeon after a gap of 9 years since the last one...

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Powerful stuff from Aeon after a gap of 9 years since the last one...

Yeah I just found out yesterday, that they had released a new album. I thought they had split-up.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 10:13am
I've gotta check out more No One Gets Out Alive, Devouring Humanity and Infected Malignity today.  And I still plan on checking out more George Benson. :P

I've heard roughly 30 slam death albums so far.  Thankfully, they're freakishly short and have a lot of EP's and demos.  The only real challenge is figuring out which bands I plan on listening to, because there are some that are just too damn gory, sexual or both.  Some is alright, but not to the obsessive point like Devourment gets into.  I really don't care if they helped pioneer slam.  I only really force myself through specific genres when I'm serious about making a list.

Right now I'm on Severe Cold by No One Gets Out Alive.  Decent album.  Nice and heavy, but the bluegrass elements, while I appreciate the fact that they found a way to fit country into metal without half-assing it, gets old after a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 34>
  Share Topic