MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death Metal Kill Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 9:30am
...and now there�s also a review of Retribution for the Dead: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/retribution-for-the-dead(ep)--review.aspx?id=225282 Big smile

Edited by UMUR - 23 Nov 2010 at 11:12am
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 6:51pm
Since were talking Autopsy, anyone listened to their new EP this year?

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I haven�t listened much to Incantation yet. Only a listen here and there. If we�re talking blasphemous anti-Christian death metal one of my favorites is Angelcorpse ( http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/angelcorpse.aspx?ac=angelc)

It�s not long ago I reviewed their debut:
.. Album Cover
and I�m currently listening to Exterminate and are planning to write a review of that one soon:
.. Album Cover

Missed this before, I'll check 'em out. Noticed you add a bunch of Incantation vids to the site, any thoughts on them at this early stage?
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 12:29am
Still only listened very little to a couple of songs by Incantation. Sounded like they are very influenced by Morbid Angel ( and of course that�s a good thingSmile).

Regarding Angelcorpse they are also very influenced by Morbid Angel. Just imagine a less adventurous and more aggressive Morbid Angel and you�re just about there. Lead vocalist Pete Helmkamp used to play with American black metal act Order From Chaos, so it�s no surprise that the vocals are not deep growls but sneering caustic rasps. I absolutely love Pete Helmkamp�s vocal delivery. Spitting out blasphemies with conviction.

I�ve added some videos on the Angelcorpse page too: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/angelcorpse.aspx?ac=angelcorpse

Edited by UMUR - 24 Nov 2010 at 10:23am
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 4:37pm
Incantation are really good but i've been seeing a lot of losers getting into them since they are really talked about, it sucks to see thoes kids at thier shows. Love that Angelcorpse album.
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 4:10am
Waiting eagerly for Exterminate to come in the mail...
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 6:49pm
Digging Impetuous Ritual right now
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 12:00am
.. Album Cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/impetuous-ritual--relentless-execution-of-ceremonial-excrescence.aspx

Another one of those strange, muddy and dark death metal releases from Australia. There just has to be something weird in the water down there.

Edited by UMUR - 05 Dec 2010 at 12:11am
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 3:45am

WEAPON: "From the Devil's Tomb"

Wholly recommended piece of rather melodic and epic death/black metal, review coming up in a week or so.
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Vehemency Vehemency wrote:

WEAPON: "From the Devil's Tomb"

Wholly recommended piece of rather melodic and epic death/black metal, review coming up in a week or so.
I downloaded this a week ago and its fucking amazing
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 10:36am
^ Indeed it is. Will put my review online tomorrow.

Tonight I'll familiarize myself with the following Swedish old school classics:

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 1:54pm
^:-) I actually listened to Into the Grave last night. I�m not much of a Grave fan but Into the Grave is definitely a classic old school Swedish death metal album. If you haven�t heard Carnage - Dark Recollections and Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream yet I�d recommend taking a listen to them too to familiarize yourself with a couple of other classics in that style.

Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 2:38pm
Thanks for the recommendations! So far I've been going by this YouTube clip that inspired me some time ago, and am planning to go through them all:

It seems to include those Dismember and Carnage albums too, so maybe those next!

Finished Left Hand Path earlier today and it was pretty good, next up is the Grave of which I have even higher expectations (based on the video). :-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 3:31pm
Interesting. There were actually quite a few I didn�t know. God Macabre, Sorcery and Gorement are new to me. Great to learn some new things. I�ll definitely check them out.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 4:10pm
Swedish old school death metal had some of the best album art ever! Just look at those covers for Entombed, Grave, Dismember, and Carnage... amazing stuff! Clap
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 1:54am
Yep Dan Seagrave was THE artist back in those days.
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:06pm
This page has so much win. Old School Death Metal is the best genre ever. Fucking great stuff.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yep Dan Seagrave was THE artist back in those days.

There were so many great artists in metal back in those days... Seagrave, Edward J. Repka... they just don't make 'em like that anymore! Heart
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:22pm
I've really got to make a point of going through this thread and checking this stuff out.  Probably old-school death metal is my favorite of all old-school metal. 
7997ism View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7997ism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I've really got to make a point of going through this thread and checking this stuff out.  Probably old-school death metal is my favorite of all old-school metal. 
whats some of your fav old school dm bands
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by 7997ism 7997ism wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

whats some of your fav old school dm bands

Nothing too fancy: Death (Human and later), Carcass, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation (though I only own Pierced, but will get more).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
  Share Topic