Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2nd MMA Reviewer's Challenge Begins July 15th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd MMA Reviewer's Challenge Begins July 15th
    Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 1:51pm
The second Metal Music Archives Reviewer's Challenge will begin on July 15th and run over approximately the next week. During the challenge participating reviewers will all review the same album, which up until that point did not have any reviews on MMA.

The album that is under review in the challenge is Into the Enchanted Chamber by Timeless Miracle.

In order to give the Reviewer's Challenge exposure we would politely request that during this time reviewers hold off posting reviews to the Older Releases section of the website (which means anything released in 2015 or earlier), meaning from July 15th until July 20th. Reviews posted to the New Releases section (2016 releases) will not affect the Reviewer's Challenge and can be posted normally. We appreciate your co-operation in this. 

We hope you enjoy the Reviewer's Challenge. In the meantime you can still of course read the submissions for the first challenge for Panopticon's Kentucky, which was held back in May.

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 3:04pm
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 11:56am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

In order to give the Reviewer's Challenge exposure we would politely request that during this time reviewers hold off posting reviews to the Older Releases section of the website (which means anything released in 2015 or earlier), meaning from July 15th until July 20th. Reviews posted to the New Releases section (2016 releases) will not affect the Reviewer's Challenge and can be posted normally. We appreciate your co-operation in this.

Good idea. It was really annoying last time when the reviews were wiped off the home page so quickly.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 10:04pm
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 10:41pm
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 2:36am
Some great if not very positive reviews so far. I look forward to reading the rest of the submissions. I hope that they don't disappear too quickly this time.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 3:48am
Originally posted by TheHeavyMetalCat TheHeavyMetalCat wrote:

I hope that they don't disappear too quickly this time.

They shouldn't, as we have asked in this very thread for people to hold off on posting any older release reviews during Challenge Week. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 1:22am
Just posted mine:
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/into-the-enchanted-chamber/322909
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 1:30am
Mine has been posted: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/into-the-enchanted-chamber/322318
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 1:43pm
I know it's probably less of an issue now that there are 10 older reviews able to be seen at once, but Warthur seems to have ignored the block on other reviews during the challenge:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/flood/322921
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 3:54pm
He flooded them off the page last time. I don't think it's an issue if he sticks to one. Perhaps we should try to rope him in to the next challenge.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 4:13pm
Just seen it. 

My worry is that if he posts one more will follow and others will take it as an indication that they can post freely again. There shouldn't be one rule for Warthur and another for everyone else. It's his responsibility as a member of the site to read announcements (and PM's for that matter, as he was told about this directly after last time). 
GG2U

Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 3:15am
Hey folks,

Just wanted to say sorry about posting that Boris review during the challenge (and sorry about the last time too) - I completely didn't realise the challenge was happening because I hadn't been keeping an eye on the forum. I will try to pay closer attention to site announcements now that I know what's going on, and turn e-mail notifications on my PMs back on (I didn't get the last PM because I had notifications turned off).
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 12:36am
Here's my review: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/into-the-enchanted-chamber/322983
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 1:22am
The monster has been unleased: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/review/into-the-enchanted-chamber/302618
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 1:34am
Thanks to everyone who took part in the Reviewer's Challenge and also to those who held back reviews to allow it to run. Normal MMA service restarts today.
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 4:25pm
^ Thanks for organising it Adam. Smile
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 4:48pm
Yes, thank you. These are fun to do, will they be every other month or is there still not a planned time?
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 1:01am
If every other month is working for everyone I don't see why not. 

I'm considering possible ways to do variations of the challenge rather than the one random album method. Suggestions can be placed in the collab zone thread.

Also I'll likely make the next challenge open to everyone who wants to take part. 
GG2U

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 7:28am
Are we allowed to post reviews or not? I think there needs to be some clear cut rules regarding this. How long should we wait? Is it all ok now that there are 10 review slots? Just wondering what to make of all this
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic