MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 12:15am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

^Okay, it's good to know she may still appear again occasionally, because she's one of the best characters on the show, imo.

My DC marathon is now finally just about complete (I now have 1 episode of The Flash, 2 episodes of Arrow, 3 episodes of Legends and 5 of Supergirl, though the latter I'll probably watch this weekend, and the others I'll probably watch during week along with the new episodes.)

Surprisingly, I think Supergirl is my favorite of the four right now, mostly because I like all the major characters in it a lot, and I think the lead actress is doing an incredible job with all aspects of her character (I especially loved "Evil Supergirl" and would rank that as possibly my favorite episode between all four shows.) Needless to say, I hope the show doesn't go a bit downhill like Arrow has over the last couple years (though obviously I still like that show a lot as well.)

So far I think Supergirl season 2 has been great. There's one particular new character who is (intentionally) horrible (you'll know who I mean as soon as he's introduced) but other than that it's biggest failing has been, as I think I mentioned, the complete and unexplained absence of other supporting characters such as Maxwell Lord and Lucy Lane. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 10:19am
Yeah, I watched the season 2 premiere last night and the lack of Lucy seemed a bit odd, considering she was supposed to be co-leader of the DEO at this point (and yeah, referring to one of your earlier posts, they did change that set completely, though they kinda, sorta explained it in the premiere.)  Max, I would like to see again because I find him cheesy, in a fun way that works for the show, but I don't think he would serve much of a purpose at this point anyway, so it's not a major loss. The episode itself was amazing, though, so I'm still excited to see how the season goes.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 10:59am
I'm now three episodes in, and the only character I'd describe as "terrible" so far is this Snapper Carr clown, though I find him more hilarious than anything. Clark was great and Mon-El I know too little about so far to say if I like him or not.

Lucy's absence does seem weird still, but I think I already know who will take over Max's role for this season, so his absence makes sense.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:18pm
I got the big crossover event this week, and it was pretty awesome all around. Just a warning, though, Adam: While it's hyped up as a four part special, Supergirl only had one scene at the end to start it up (though I think you knew that already) and Arrow spent more time focusing on being the 100th episode of the series than on the crossover plot, without spoiling. The other two were full crossovers, though, and they were both great.

I actually think Arrow had its best episode since season 2, but I can't say anything about it for now. I know because my brother is only a Supergirl fan that folks more interested in the crossover part of it will hate it, but I absolutely loved it is all I'll say.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:20pm
I've still got until week after next before the crossover starts. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 12:40am
Just been watching Star Trek: TNG as of late. Finally saw Time Squared, which the electronic duo Orbital sampled part of it in their song The Moebius.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 2:05am
Just finished Being Human (The UK version), and it was a pretty great show. Season 5 a Little less interesting than the four which came before it, but still decent.

I´m contemplating starting watching Weeds or possibly Dollhouse (I´m a huge Whedon fan).
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 2:34pm
Just started watching Weeds. I liked the first episode. Lots of humour...and anything about weed is worth watching IMO.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 4:22pm
Enjoying a bit of nostalgia. Got the Minder complete collection box set last Christmas (33 discs!!!) and I'm still only on disc 12! Will see me through a couple more Christmases I suspect.
Vixen Erotica View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 3:10pm
My favorite show is:The Bold and The Beautiful--I love soap operas...I also have all the seasons of True Blood on DVD...haven't watched them yet thought, IDK what I am saving them for...
moody metal maiden
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 1:42am
^Both Adam and I have recently watched the full True Blood series. Nice Little vampire series that one
 Billedresultat for vampire smiley
Vixen Erotica View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 3:18pm
That's cool, glad to know I didn't waste $$$ then when I purchased the series...awesome emoji up there BTW...
moody metal maiden
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 9:48am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I got the big crossover event this week, and it was pretty awesome all around. Just a warning, though, Adam: While it's hyped up as a four part special, Supergirl only had one scene at the end to start it up (though I think you knew that already) and Arrow spent more time focusing on being the 100th episode of the series than on the crossover plot, without spoiling. The other two were full crossovers, though, and they were both great.

I actually think Arrow had its best episode since season 2, but I can't say anything about it for now. I know because my brother is only a Supergirl fan that folks more interested in the crossover part of it will hate it, but I absolutely loved it is all I'll say.

I'm two thirds of the way through the crossover event with the last to air tonight.

I'm of a completely different opinion to you on the Arrow episode to be honest. I thought The Flash episode got the event under way well but Arrow pretty much killed all the momentum it built up. I actually thought it was the worst episode of the entire show's five season run and I'd have still thought it a weaker episode even had it been done as a normal Arrow episode. But that fact that it was supposed to be a crossover episode was a major piss take, IMO. A few bits with The Flash and Supergirl (I'm pretty sure Cisco was more prominent in this episode than Barry) and most of the Legends characters were the ones that came from Arrow in the first place except for Nate's appearance near the end. So many core characters from Flash and Legends didn't even appear (Caitlin, Wells, Stein, Jax, Amaya (also absent in The Flash but at least that was explained), Mick, Iris, Joe, Wally). Evelyn was also unexplained absent. I know from the episode before that she's actually a traitor but the team doesn't know that yet and I found her absent really odd, especially since no one apparently missed her during an alien invasion. 

The whole episode felt like a waste of time to me. I'm really hoping the Legends episode saves this crossover. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 12:51pm
I loved it, because I thought they did a great job of taking the premise of the crossover and working it into an Arrow episode that felt like a celebration of the shows 5 years, as well as a look at an alternate timeline. Personally, I thought it was perfect as it was, because the characters they used for it had originated on Arrow and so for a 100th episode that made perfect sense to me. Evelyn not being there was really the only thing that seemed odd to me. But yeah, I tend to be in the minority on just about everything, so don't be surprised to disagree with me (though I know I'm not alone in loving that episode, for sure.) I definitely like Arrow more than Flash or Legends, so that's a big part of why I liked it so much.

The Legends episode is much more of a typical fun crossover episode, so you shouldn't be disappointed with it. Everyone gets to do at least something in it.

Also, do you get the mid season finales for those three shows next week, or do you have to wait? (Supergirl's finale was the episode that set up the crossover.) I won't give spoilers, but I actually liked Arrow's mid season finale even more than the 100th episode, and it would be a shame to have to wait for it. Perhaps the only frustrating with the crossover for me is I had to wait three weeks to get a follow up on the big cliffhanger of the previous episode, but needless to say, I thought the mid season finale was well worth waiting for. Flash was actually fairly good as well, though Legends personally hasn't been doing much of anything for me lately, outside of the crossover.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 15 Dec 2016 at 12:52pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 12:57pm
Yeah, we get them. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 3:56pm
Okay so the crossover event has come to a close in the UK now.

I'd say the Legends episode was a bit better for me than Arrow, but I did think it still suffered from the loss of momentum Arrow caused. There was something across all three parts that just screamed budget cuts to me, especially with the way certain key actors were kept out of other crossover episodes. Even Thea went completely unseen in part 3. I also felt part 3 really downplayed Kara until the point that she got her inter-dimensional bus pass. Part 1 also made it seem that Lyla was going to have a major role in the crossover, only to not be seen after part 1. 

I've come away feeling three things about the crossover, other than the matter of it being a major letdown.

Firstly Arrow's episode felt like celebratory backslapping for reaching the 100th episode and if they had to do something like that to bring back the old faces who have been killed off or otherwise left the series they should have timed the crossover for a different time in the current seasons. 

Secondly they'd probably have been better off scrapping the normal episode structure for crossover week and just made one TV movie to be shown on one night as part of The Flash's season as the whole story basically turned out to be a result of The Flash's current storyline, another reason why the Arrow backslapping episode was so out of place. 

Lastly there are too many linked shows now to do an effective crossover with all of them. The situation with characters missing from each part made that pretty clear to me. They'd be better off for future events to just stick to two of them for each crossover, like it was when it was just Arrow and Flash. 

Returning to the Arrow episode though, I think I'm even more put out by it because until that point I was actually enjoying this season of Arrow more than the last couple. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 2:24pm
About half way through the second season of Weeds. I find it nicely entertaining. The episodes are relatively short, the humour is great, and I enjoy the characters.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 10:58am
For the first time in a few years we wont be having Downton Abbey on in our house on Christmas Day! Yeehaw!!! Party

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm
I have a few series on-going, some re-watches:

Grimm - I got some of the boxsets cheap in a second hand shop recently and have been working my way through them. I've followed the series since season one was on TV though and am enjoying re-watching them all. Hoping to get down before the final season starts here in the UK.

Fear the Walking Dead - just started the season 2 boxset tonight. 

Black Sails - watching the season 3 boxset.

The Green Green Grass - UK comedy series that was a spin-off to Only Fools and Horses though I actually saw these first back when they were first on. I recently picked up the boxset and have just starting re-watching them. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 12:26pm

Just started season 7 of Weeds. Damn that´s a great show. I´m laughing my ass off each night and my wife loves it too. First episode of Season 7 some of the main characters where in Copenhagen, so it was nicely familiar too Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 42>
  Share Topic