MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:01am
I've been watching the new Netflix series The Haunting of Hill House. I'm partway into the last episode and will finish it shortly. It's been an excellent horror series so far; intriguing and very tense, though it's non-linear structure can be hard to follow until you get more episodes in and the pieces of the puzzle start to fall into place. I highly recommend it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 12:36pm
Not long now and I'll be watching Rick's last episode of The Walking Dead. No spoilers please, Stateside folks. 

Be interesting to see if the show manages to survive without Rick. I'm very sceptical about him leaving, especially since the current season has seemed to be a bit better than the last two so far. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 1:08pm
Just starting The Haunting Of Hill House after finishing Daredevil s3. If you,be not got to DD yet, it’s immense.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 1:19pm
I have a few episodes to go on Daredevil season 3. The last episode I watched was the one with Karen's long flashback sequence. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 2:41pm
Just started watching Blacklist, and I enjoy it.

Also still watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I like that one too.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 3:07pm
^ I have The Blacklist on my "to watch" list.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 11:41pm
...actually I´ve also finally started watching season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead. God damn it´s brilliant splatter horror. I love the stupid humour....
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:12am
Just watched this with my son, and my God it´s even worse than I remember it. How an actor like Gary Sinese was lured into participating in this turd is beyond me....and Molly Ringwald ugh. What a terrible acting performance.

They ruined an otherwise great book Thumbs Down

This review from IMDB says it pretty well: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3055535/?ref_=tt_urv

The Stand (1994)

Edited by UMUR - 21 Nov 2018 at 10:15am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:33am
Well I have to say that Arrow had its best episode in a long time this week. The current seasons of all four Arrowverse shows have seemed a bit by the numbers so far this time around - never terrible but never enthralling either. Arrow changed that this week. A really gritty episode that marked a turning point in the current season. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 3:39am
I´m almost done with this 2 season tv-series. People probably have very different ideas about this show, but personally I found it pretty good entertainment, but then Again I´m a complete Terminator-head, so anything related to the series is a welcome present.

Thomas Dekker, Lena Headey, and Summer Glau in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008)
MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:51am
Finally started The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix last night. Only a couple of episodes in but already hooked. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:13am
^ It's a good one. I'd watch it again already to be honest. Probably won't have quite the same impact a second time but I reckon I'd watch it with a renewed perspective right through. 

Topped most horror movies I've seen lately that's for sure. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 9:54am
I enjoyed The Haunting Of Hill House too. Just watched the first 2 series of American Horror story which was pretty good too. Yes, I'm a latecomer to this series.

Also nearly finished 3rd series of The Last Kingdom which I always enjoy.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 11:50am
I've just started the limited series Sharp Objects, which I impulse bought on DVD due to it being another adaptation from the same author as wrote Gone Girl, the film of which I loved. I've not read any of the actual books since they're not the kind of thing I typically read, but both screenplays were done by the author, so I presume that they'll be fairly faithful to her original work. 

I'm partway into episode three and will watch some more this evening. So far it seems a slow burn but I'm enjoying it and don't regret the early DVD purchase. Not sure how I missed this series when it was originally shown on Sky though. 

I'll post my further thoughts when I've finished it. Definitely looks recommended so far is you enjoy a bit of psychological thriller/crime genre work.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 1:35am
Sharp Objects was excellent. Didn't see the twist ending coming either. 

I've now started the Netflix western miniseries Godless. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:31am
Watching season 2 of Ash Vs Evil Dead, Season 3 of the Expanse, and just finished season 2 of Blacklist. The latter is surprisingly entertaining for an "FBI catching a new criminal each episode" type of series. There´s a pretty intriging overall story which runs through all episodes, and that keeps it interesting.

Edited by UMUR - 14 Dec 2018 at 11:33am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Season 3 of the Expanse

You have it in Denmark? We're still waiting here. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 12:42pm
I'm a latecomer to American Horror Story and enjoyed the first 2 series very much. My daughter reckons I won't like the other series as much saying their aimed at a younger audience - bloody cheek!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

I'm a latecomer to American Horror Story and enjoyed the first 2 series very much. My daughter reckons I won't like the other series as much saying their aimed at a younger audience - bloody cheek!

I've been meaning to watch it. My Dad's watched most of the seasons but couldn't get on with the last two. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 12:55pm
Currently watching the second half of season 5 of Vikings weekly on Prime. Not sure why they insist on calling it part of the same season since it's been off much longer than a normal mid-season break would be: second part didn't start until around the same time as the first did last year. 

Enjoying the season though but man if there was ever a character in a TV show that literally needed killing it has to be Ivar. Pretty sure that guy's evil incarnate. A brilliant portrayal by his actor but I swear I'm going to cheer if someone manages to off him. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 42>
  Share Topic