MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 42>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 2:44pm
Haven't started Hawkeye yet. Got too much to catch up on that I need to finish/get up to date with first. I've been too obsessed with Red Dwarf lately to keep up my weekly shows. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 10:21am
Just finished "The Falcon And The Winter Soldier"

Definitely one of the weaker Marvel shows/movies.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 12:39pm
Finished Binge watching Devs:

It was decent enough sci-fi: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8134186/

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 2:44pm
Finished recently:

Walking Dead World Beyond (season 2)
Fear the Walking Dead (season 6)
Young Sheldon (season 4)
Wynonna Earp (season 4)

Still going through:

The 100 (season 7)

Just started:

The Witcher (season 2)
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 5:39pm
I'm watching 2 episodes per day of The Witcher, while doing other things. So far, I'm kinda mixed on this season, though I'll wait until I finish it to decide if I like it more than the first season or not. Up to this point, I'm fully on board with Geralt and Ciri's scenes (minus a couple idiots at Kaer Morhen who get on my nerves, lol) but Yennifer's plot has been iffy. Really didn't like her scenes in episodes 2-3, but in episode 4 it got a bit more interesting, so I guess I'll see how I feel about it by the end.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 2:45am
Still to start Witcher 2. Next in my list.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 3:21am
I loved season 1 of The Witcher, and I´m dying to watch season 2. Unfortunatly there are a few things on my list to watch before that, so It´ll probably be a while.

I´m currently watching the last season of Lucifer with my wife, and after that we´ll watch the new episodes of La Casa de papel, and season 8 of The Blacklist.

I´m also watching season 1 of The Man in the High Castle and I´m still in progress with Gotham.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 2:11am
Two episodes into season 2 of The Witcher and my biggest issue so far is that they just killed off a character in their first appearance who is supposed to still be alive by the time the games take place. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 8:34am
^Yeah, the way that character was handled was just awful. A lot of fans are pissed off about that, for good reason. I was pretty sure I remembered him being in a few Witcher 3 quests, so I looked it up and was right, of course. I do think they handled a certain other important character I knew quite well, at the very least (someone else who was introduced at Kaer Morhen.)

I'm six episodes in, and I've been liking it, but not as much as season 1, for some reason. Could be I'm distracted by something else I'm enjoying a lot more, and it could also be that the overarching plot isn't doing much for me, and I prefer the more stand alone stories with Geralt. There have still been some great scenes, but aside from episodes 1 and 4, I haven't been overly excited.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 8:49am
I did appreciate the little Easter egg in EP 2 though with the shrine of Witcher medallions and there was one that had the game's design. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 7:24am
Just finished:

Lucifer
Lacasa de Papel
and...
The Witcher season 2.

I´m gonna be furious if they cancel the latter. I love that series.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 7:31am
^ It's already renewed for season 3. Plus a limited series prequel, a second animated movie, and a more family friendly animated spin-off. 

I've three episodes to go of season 2. I think it's really solid so far although there are some changes from the books that aren't sitting right. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 10:36am
Well that´s a relief. I will have to read those books some day.

I don´t know why, but I´m fascinated by the love story between Yennifer (I want to merry her. Such a clever and feisty lady) and Geralt (in addition to all the mystic magic and fantasy world story arc). Maybe it´s just the fact that it´s such a difficult and troubled love they share, that´s so interesting, but it touches me somehow, and I´m usually not a sucker for love stories, because they often seem so unrealistic to me.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 11:44am
I couldn't stand Yen in the books and even less so in the third game (which is the only one she appears in). This version seems more likeable though, which I guess means she's not done that well, but I'd say its an improvement. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 1:08pm
I've just started The Witcher series 2.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 1:46am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I couldn't stand Yen in the books and even less so in the third game (which is the only one she appears in). This version seems more likeable though, which I guess means she's not done that well, but I'd say its an improvement. 

Well...she isn´t the most sympathetic character to begin with, but there are signs here and there, that she can see beyond her own selfish ways. I won´t spoil it for those who haven´t watched season 2 yet, but there is definitely some major growth there. I think that´s what I find fascinating about her. She is conflicted...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 2:05am
Just watched the fourth episode of Season 1 of "The Man in the High Castle". I´m intrigued, but it hasn´t quite caught on yet. I´ll keep watching and see what happens.

It reminds me a lot of "Fatherland" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatherland_(novel)) which itself was probably greatly influenced by the the Philip K. Dick novel "The Man in the High Castle".
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 3:38am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just watched the fourth episode of Season 1 of "The Man in the High Castle". I´m intrigued, but it hasn´t quite caught on yet. I´ll keep watching and see what happens.

It reminds me a lot of "Fatherland" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatherland_(novel)) which itself was probably greatly influenced by the the Philip K. Dick novel "The Man in the High Castle".

Fatherland is an excellent book.

I finished the the first season and have only seen one episode in the second because it got a bit too depressing.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Fatherland is an excellent book.

I finished the the first season and have only seen one episode in the second because it got a bit too depressing.

Yeah it´s rather brutal isn´t it? The scene in the room with the sister and the kids...eerie vile stuff.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 3:07pm
Finished season 2 of The Witcher today. 

Overall I thought it was a really good season, though it made a lot of changes from the novel Blood of Elves. I don't remember the book that well since I read it before the third game even came out, so I'm just going on the summary on Witcher Wiki. The changes weren't necessarily bad though. They were more additions than anything and may in fact have been necessary to flesh out the novel for TV. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 42>
  Share Topic